Fabian Schär

I honestly think this is a massive blow for us. Having him in the side and having a centre back comfortable on the ball, being able to pick a pass and bring the ball out of defence has been massive for us in the last 3-4 games. None of our other centre backs would have played that ball to ASM yesterday.

One of Bruce’s bigger failings has been not recognising what he brings to the side and keeping him out for so long. I hope we see him play for us again!

I honestly think this is a massive blow for us. Having him in the side and having a centre back comfortable on the ball, being able to pick a pass and bring the ball out of defence has been massive for us in the last 3-4 games. None of our other centre backs would have played that ball to ASM yesterday.

One of Bruce’s bigger failings has been not recognising what he brings to the side and keeping him out for so long. I hope we see him play for us again!

Yeah, it was his pass to ASM that set up our first yesterday. None of our other CBs could’ve played it or even seen it. He’ll be a big miss now, but it’s also worrying because that might be the last we’ll see of him for NUFC.

We'll likely have Clark, Lascelles and Fernandez back for the next game, right back is a much bigger issue now.

Krafth is there, although he is an abominable footballer.

Perfect adjective  :lol: :lol:

Losing him is heartbreaking  :'(

A real blow, I believe him & Almiron have been our best players lately. Always really admired Schar, think he's one of those we'll look back on in years to come very fondly and with the belief that he could have been a real top quality player at the highest level but never happened for him for whatever reason, similar to Ben Arfa.

If Bruce is still at the club then it means the takeover didn't happen. If that's the case I don't give a fuck what happens anymore as I'm officially done if it's "business as usual" and Ashley is the owner.

Sent similar to a mate yesterday.  Lejeune sent out on loan, knowing full well the other defenders we had all seem to have injury problems, bar maybe Fernandez, who know annoyingly, is injured.  Also knowing Lascelles, Clark, Fernandez and Dummett are all crap on the ball.  Schar was probably the best of the lot, maybe Lejeune was a bit better with his passing.  Weren't we playing 3 centre halves still?  Or switched to it not long after Lejeune left. 

Seems mental that Schar only got a look in when others were missing.  He does seem to have the odd lapse of concentration.  But we are clearly a better side to watch when he is playing.

Sent similar to a mate yesterday.  Lejeune sent out on loan, knowing full well the other defenders we had all seem to have injury problems, bar maybe Fernandez, who know annoyingly, is injured.  Also knowing Lascelles, Clark, Fernandez and Dummett are all crap on the ball.  Schar was probably the best of the lot, maybe Lejeune was a bit better with his passing.  Weren't we playing 3 centre halves still?  Or switched to it not long after Lejeune left. 

Seems mental that Schar only got a look in when others were missing.  He does seem to have the odd lapse of concentration.  But we are clearly a better side to watch when he is playing.

Yep, those last months of Rafa’s reign with a back 5  , two good passers in Lejeune and Schar then Almiron, Rondon and Perez spearheading the attack was incredible.

Yep, those last months of Rafa’s reign with a back 5  , two good passers in Lejeune and Schar then Almiron, Rondon and Perez spearheading the attack was incredible.

When lazy pundits and other fans ask why we were so positive and optimistic about the club under Rafa despite finishing 13th/10th, they don't realise how good we looked when he started to get the tools he needed. They talk about us being super defensive always but never moaning about it as we do with Bruce; but they fail to realise we were playing some genuinely top quality attacking football in those last months. Could have been unreal.

I remember vividly some of our one touch passing sequences stemming from Schar & Lejeune, with the movement of Almiron and the chemistry between Rondon & Perez.

• 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Looks like both parties have agreed the year extension. I can see why we’d want to but surely if you’re Schar you just walk away from this and sign for someone on a Free?

I haven’t seen this. He’s mental. Great news for us though!