Fabian Schär

Back to his best tonight.

Yes but I'd rather all my centre backs didnt have to do so much last ditch defending.

In a 3, he should be given licence to bring the ball out of defence and pick out passes.

(Not necessarily against Liverpool)

Yep probably cynical to think so but he’s most likely playing out of his skin to earn a move away. In fairness he could do a job in much better teams than what we have, why should he waste the best years of his career here?

Yep probably cynical to think so but he’s most likely playing out of his skin to earn a move away. In fairness he could do a job in much better teams than what we have, why should he waste the best years of his career here?

Got that impression with his post match against Southampton. Just total dismay at how bad the side is now. Wouldn't hold it against him leaving at all. I'd take a guess that Lejeune pushed for a loan move, rather than spend another season with Bruce.

Got that impression with his post match against Southampton. Just total dismay at how bad the side is now. Wouldn't hold it against him leaving at all. I'd take a guess that Lejeune pushed for a loan move, rather than spend another season with Bruce.

Can imagine so. He's been quoted fairly recently complaining about being forced to play when he wasn't particularly fit.

When he’s playing to his best ability he’s probably our best defender along with Lejeune. But he makes too many mistakes, especially for a team that seems to get punished with every mistake we make. And he’s too hot headed, always seems to be on the cusp of picking up stupid cards.

Fernandez will never affect a game in the way Schär can but he’s more dependable, more consistent. But it’s a lower overall end product.

Bruce would rather have 2 or 3 cloggers in there. Lower end product but consistent. He’d see that as playing percentages and that overall we’d pick up more points over the course of a season.