Fabian Schär

ok his fault for the first goal. but the second was even worse - and that's bruce's fault. the positioning of the defenders was all over the place. never happened under rafa.

I completely disagree with this.  Kane pulls out wide onto the RB.  CB can't just follow and leave a huge gap in the defence.

did u see where schar actually was?

Can you imagine if he had come in last summer? Everyone would be talking about what a shite player and terrible signing he was :lol:

But we all know exactly what he's capable of and it has been astonishing to see how Bruce has affected his game. Not sure he recovers. Most clubs would by now have forgotten about how good he was previously too (was linked with Arsenal and Tottenham last season).

Bruce will sell him if he stays and we would maybe get around £7 million. Last summer we get at least £20 million for him.

Bruce is terrible.

still rate him and want him to stay.. was recently  watching a compilation on YouTube  of him from last season and hope he returns to that form

I only want him to stay if we get a decent manager... So basically if the takeover goes through.

The bloke doesn't deserve to have his rep ruined by stevey bacon. It's clearly already happening.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest reefatoon

Looks like some story out of the chronicle after some dumb fuck tripped over a curb and is suing the a Council.

• 2 months later...

Thought he was good. Was it him that played Wilson through in the first half for his half chance? The three at the back works so much better when he’s in it. Just wish we’d kept Lejeune to do the same from the left. I’d have dropped Lascelles to let Fernandez play as the centre of the three.

Interesting Whoscored has Passing as his weakness. They’re a good site but the have some random attributes in there.

His passing % this season is just under 84%. Lascelles has 86% in comparison but if you look at the passes Schar attempts to play out compared to Lascelles who seem to be to the keeper, another CB, the nearest full back or deepest CM, I’d expect that.

Interesting Whoscored has Passing as his weakness. They’re a good site but the have some random attributes in there.

His passing % this season is just under 84%. Lascelles has 86% in comparison but if you look at the passes Schar attempts to play out compared to Lascelles who seem to be to the keeper, another CB, the nearest full back or deepest CM, I’d expect that.

That's the problem when everything is so stat based as it is these days. People stop believing what their eyes see and start reading off some bullshit stats thinking they're getting a complete picture. Sports yuppies I call them, these XG lot. Dull fuckers. I presume Schar may have a lower completion rate than a lot of centre backs as he tries more difficult passes than 5 yard square passes. Truth is, he's a better passer than a lot of midfielders, especially ours.

Another player who has regressed massively under Bruce. Thought he would’ve been sold in the summer as he was out of favour for most of last season.

Hope he told Bruce where to go after that performance on Friday.

got a feeling lejuene had words that’s how he’s abroad on loan.

• 1 month later...