Fabian Schär

Time to get rid?

Decent footballer, but a fairly poor defender at this level. Not good enough to play in a back 4.

Looks unhappy too.

Fucking insane thinking.

One of our better defenders, getting ruined by Bruce. Also being played well out of position.

Time to get rid?

Decent footballer, but a fairly poor defender at this level. Not good enough to play in a back 4.

Looks unhappy too.

Fucking insane thinking.

One of our better defenders, getting ruined by Bruce. Also being played well out of position.

He might be playing out of position but thats no excuse for his passing being shite tonight.

He hasn't had a run in the team - that doesn't help.

But his passing wasn't great, and the effort wasn't all that great either.

Howay man, he’ s turned to shit under Bruce, I can’t think of many players he’s improved.

He's not a poor defender imo. He was superb defensively under Rafa. Think he's just suffered this season being out of the team for long spells and with the formation change.

One of our most gifted players easily.

Time to get rid of one of our better defenders under Rafa who Bruce hasn’t got a clue how to use? You had a stroke?

Time to get rid of Bruce.

Fucking insane thinking.

Very good player but hes another who has regressed under bruce

:thup:

Pretty sure a few predicted this when Bruce slithered in.

Players who were excellent for us in a well drilled team under and actual coach/manager taking the blame once they regress under a sad excuse for a coach/manager. 

People are either mental, have short memories or just looking for a few bites.

3.5m let's not forget. One of our best signings in years. How I long to see that 'pandemonium' hand gesture as he ran off after one of the cleanest strikes you will see a defender hit v Burnley next season.

He'd be one of few I reckon could step up and perform in a proper footballing team under better owners and a better manager.

I could see him in Wolves’ back three and looking like the player we saw last year. Even when Bruce played 3 at the back there were numerous times he’d play Clark ahead of him. He’ll not stay unless we get a takeover and Bruce goes.

Think most of us prefer playing with 4 at the back. Does Schar get in your best 2 CB's?

Yes, because if we played with a bit more confidence and had a better intent to attack games, Schar would be paired with Fernandez or Lascelles for a finely balanced partnership. As things stand were left defending doggedly 95% of the time and Fernandez & Lascelles have shone. Clark before that, and Bruce hasn’t found a place for Schar as a result.

I believe there’s a case to say Schar is our best CB based on last season when he actually played.

Guest Butcher

I think he's a bit like David Luiz in the sense that he can look really good in a back three, but isn't a good enough defender for a spot in a CB pairing.

I think he's a bit like David Luiz in the sense that he can look really good in a back three, but isn't a good enough defender for a spot in a CB pairing.

That's basically it