Fabian Schär

Can seem him going to Spurs for some reason, he is what they need to replace their ageing centre halves.

He’d slot straight in at Wolves in place of Ryan Bennett alongside Coady & Boly. Could see someone like Leicester looking at him too but wouldn’t be as effective in a two. Wolves would be a decent fit, or he’ll move to the continent.

I'm not so sure. Can see a lot of the top teams opting for a younger player. Alderweireld is only 30, Verthongen 32. If they replace one of them with Schar who turns 28 this year it'll only be stop gap replacement. For the money we'd need to part company with Schar I can't see how that can be justified. Can see the bigger teams either not consider him good enough, or wanting someone younger.

Could see maybe Wolves targeting him since they play a similar system to the one Schar has excelled at here under Benitez, maybe Leicester too. None of the "top 6" though.

I'm not so sure. Can see a lot of the top teams opting for a younger player. Alderweireld is only 30, Verthongen 32. If they replace one of them with Schar who turns 28 this year it'll only be stop gap replacement. For the money we'd need to part company with Schar I can't see how that can be justified. Can see the bigger teams either not consider him good enough, or wanting someone younger.

Could see maybe Wolves targeting him since they play a similar system to the one Schar has excelled at here under Benitez, maybe Leicester too. None of the "top 6" though.

Contact is up at the end of next season*. Sell him at the end of this, or he's gone for nowt.

*according to nufc.com

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...