Fabian Schär

Been watching some videos of him, I find those clips where they show a players every involvement in a single match a decent way to get a basic understanding of how a player operates in game - at least more so than highlight reels.

He seems very intelligent in that he reads the game well, stepping out to stop danger before it builds momentum. In the game I watched (Basel v Chelsea) he was constantly looking for long passes forward - diagonals into the channels and was successful more often than not. He was also taking free kicks from deep meaning he is trusted as a good passer of the ball. The one negative I noticed was him overplaying slightly at times and giving away short passes in congested areas, but the fact he was willing to try means he trusts his footballing ability and wants to get involved which bodes well.

Definitely a ball-playing/playmaking centre back. Quite excited by him, tbh.

Peter Beardsley was the last decent number 10 we had, how bad is that, he has retired and moved onto bullying kids and we still haven't replaced him, not sure if we can blame that on the fat one, but I will.

Craig Bellamy operated the role very well

3a11d730-8f94-0132-a296-0a7a5c985e4d.gif

Hard to find fault with Mbemba out and Schar in whilst turning a few million profit in the process when you look at it in isolation. Mbemba wasn't going to make any contribution this season realistically and this lad almost certainly will, in some ways he's like an extra free player. The lad hasn't had any say in the low fee and he's presumably buzzing at the move and every single one of us want him to settle and do well.

That said, it's fucking pathetic that we need to sell to buy first. It's a ridiculous situation to be in and complete bullshit. Pleading poverty while the rest of the other clubs in the top flight go and get the players they want to push on. They want to progress, they want to get better and they're prepared to spend to so it. With us everything is just "that'll do". Absolutely fucking sick of it man.  :dave:

Peter Beardsley was the last decent number 10 we had, how bad is that, he has retired and moved onto bullying kids and we still haven't replaced him, not sure if we can blame that on the fat one, but I will.

Craig Bellamy operated the role very well

HTT treatise incoming

Guest firetotheworks

:lol: Because within the last 14 years I said that one player we signed looks like me when I was younger, which he does. What a weird thing to remember.

He looks a bit like Janmaat.

:lol: Because within the last 14 years I said that one player we signed looks like me when I was younger, which he does. What a weird thing to remember.

It was a weird post and because I laughed out loud. :lol:

Was it Amdy Faye?

Guest firetotheworks

Was it Amdy Faye?

Nah.

http://www.nufcblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/adam-campbell-400x225.jpg

The project owner on the thing I'm working at now is a big Mainz fan. I'm having a conference call with him in 30 minutes. Will try to get a detailed scouting report.

One of my best mates is a La Coruna fan. I'll try to get a detailed scouting report :p

Counting on you, marra. :thup:

We were linked with him a couple seasons ago IIRC, when were going through centrebacks like a NY cop goes through doughnuts. I haven't watched much of Depor this season, but by all accounts he seems to have done well. He's a ballplaying CB.