Joelinton

Stifler

See what's funny about Joelinton to me is that it's obvious we need to do and we kind of have the players to do it, but Bruce is a fucking dinosaur and has no idea.

Anyone see Watford today? Joelinton should be playing the role they played Doucoure in, deep 9 or 10 harrying the midfielders/cbs of the other team. ASM & Almiron should be playing high and a bit narrower like the Liverpool front 3 to be able to break effectively when we win it.

We need to press higher and more aggressively to get our attackers in better areas. It's so fucking obvious.

That, however, would require Bruce to stop picking the worst ball playing CBS and work out how to get the best from Longstaff again, which is impossible.

Doucoure  has incredible work rate and doesn't stop running until the game is over, this guy looks knackered and unable to move once the ref blow the half time whistle.

That's not true at all - he was tracking back near the end of the game and making tackles in our own half. His workrate and energy aren't the problem, his complete lack of service and the fact he's not actually a striker are the problems, and the fact that our manager doesn't think improving the players through coaching and tactics is part of his remit.

See what's funny about Joelinton to me is that it's obvious we need to do and we kind of have the players to do it, but Bruce is a fucking dinosaur and has no idea.

Anyone see Watford today? Joelinton should be playing the role they played Doucoure in, deep 9 or 10 harrying the midfielders/cbs of the other team. ASM & Almiron should be playing high and a bit narrower like the Liverpool front 3 to be able to break effectively when we win it.

We need to press higher and more aggressively to get our attackers in better areas. It's so fucking obvious.

That, however, would require Bruce to stop picking the worst ball playing CBS and work out how to get the best from Longstaff again, which is impossible.

Doucoure  has incredible work rate and doesn't stop running until the game is over, this guy looks knackered and unable to move once the ref blow the half time whistle.

That's not true at all - he was tracking back near the end of the game and making tackles in our own half. His workrate and energy aren't the problem, his complete lack of service and the fact he's not actually a striker are the problems, and the fact that our manager doesn't think improving the players through coaching and tactics is part of his remit.

It's much easier to write the player off it seems.

The guy has been working hard since he came in. I don't understand why people can't see this.

Doesn’t really matter what he told the club, since the club don’t give a s***. I doubt Bruce knew who Joelinton was before we signed him.

Yup. He was told he'd be getting a £40M striker and he rubbed his hands with glee. It's taken him 7/8 months of working with him, every day, in training to come to the realisation he lacks the instinct of a striker.

Posts like this never cease to amaze me. If you spent 3 years watching Rafa Benitez and didn't conclude how important coaching is then I don't know what to say.

The lad is new to a country, very young and working for a man whose eyes only light up at the sound of a bacon sandwich.

I'd imagine he doesn't know what day of the week it is nevermind where the goal is.

What the fuck are you on about? I was basically pointing out that Bruce's coaching is shit. Ineffective. Pointless. I wasn't having a dig at the player.

Doesn’t really matter what he told the club, since the club don’t give a s***. I doubt Bruce knew who Joelinton was before we signed him.

Yup. He was told he'd be getting a £40M striker and he rubbed his hands with glee. It's taken him 7/8 months of working with him, every day, in training to come to the realisation he lacks the instinct of a striker.

Posts like this never cease to amaze me. If you spent 3 years watching Rafa Benitez and didn't conclude how important coaching is then I don't know what to say.

The lad is new to a country, very young and working for a man whose eyes only light up at the sound of a bacon sandwich.

I'd imagine he doesn't know what day of the week it is nevermind where the goal is.

What the fuck are you on about? I was basically pointing out that Bruce's coaching is shit. Ineffective. Pointless. I wasn't having a dig at the player.

perhaps i misread the meaning of your post but it read like the shite bruce himself spews out - joelinton "doesn't have the instinct" so that's that then, no point in bothering to fucking do anything

my meaning was the useless cunt should be doing his job and getting more out of the clubs record signing, not acting like it's a fait accompli he can't influence

perhaps i misread the meaning of your post but it read like the shite bruce himself spews out - joelinton "doesn't have the instinct" so that's that then, no point in bothering to fucking do anything

my meaning was the useless cunt should be doing his job and getting more out of the clubs record signing, not acting like it's a fait accompli he can't influence

It was inspired by a quote from the great man himself, given 7/8 months after watching him train every day.

Nobby Solano knows!  :lol:

Nobby Solano has defended Newcastle United's £40million man Joelinton - and insists the chronic lack of service is making him look like a bad player.

Solano admitted he'd love to still be playing, just to whip a few first time balls to his feet from the flank and give the Brazilian something to feed off.

The Peruvian did so on many occasions for Alan Shearer and Craig Bellamy during the Sir Bobby Robson era.

But he feels that criticism of Joelinton is not completely fair on the summer signing from Hoffenheim.

Solano told the Chronicle: "You have to analyse the system of the team first.

"It is sometimes very difficult for any striker if you have a team that doesn't have possession of the ball.

"It's hard for him to find the chances.

"Who is supplying him?

"You have a team that looks like a defensive unit who don't get possession.

"It makes it so tough for Joelinton.

"For him to do well he needs three or four deliveries at least a game, he's just not getting it.

"How can he score without service?"

When asked if Joelinton needed to justify his price tag and perhaps drop back and make something happen himself, Solano insisted the South American wasn't at fault.

Solano said: "No, the team has to do more.

"Also he will be getting asked to some defensive duties so he's probably doing what he's told.

"He can't drop back and do it all himself, do you know how difficult that is?

"This guy when I watch him is always up there by himself looking lonely.

"He's getting nothing but long balls, that's so hard for him.

"These days most teams play with one man up there and it is tough for them.

"Who is the man supplying him?"

Solano was drafted in by Kenny Dalglish in the late 1990s after Newcastle searched long and hard for the perfect winger to play with Shearer.

The legendary number 9 had some frustrating times with David Ginola who refused to get first time balls into the danger area.

Solano told me: "When I played with Alan Shearer we had everybody trying their hardest to get service to him from the left and the right.

"That's how you become an attacking team.

"If you sit and absorb pressure you can become obsessed with it.

"I watched the Palace game and it was hard to watch.

"At Arsenal they battled hard but their luck ran out and when you play with five at the back it's hard.

"The big statistic that says it all is two shots on target at Palace who are not special and hadn't won since Boxing Day.

"Ask Alan Shearer the same question on Joelinton.

"He will probably tell you that the striker is waiting for chances and probably hoping for free-kicks or penalties.

"It is unbelievable really."

A really honest and accurate assessment from Nobby. I have little time for Joe because, even with 2 or 3 shots a game, he should still score every four or five games. 1all season is pathetic. But, Nobby is right - how dreadful is the service he gets? And that's down to coaching. And guess who is responsible for that?

Case for the prosecution rests, my Lord.

A really honest and accurate assessment from Nobby. I have little time for Joe because, even with 2 or 3 shots a game, he should still score every four or five games. 1all season is pathetic. But, Nobby is right - how dreadful is the service he gets? And that's down to coaching. And guess who is responsible for that?

shots from where?  is he getting 2 or 3 good chances per game?  is he fuck

i agree 1 goal is poor overall of course, but the lad is young and new to the league, he looks utterly shot already

shots from where?  is he getting 2 or 3 good chances per game?  is he fuck

i agree 1 goal is poor overall of course, but the lad is young and new to the league, he looks utterly shot already

It's like people expect Ba or Cisse in the 5th season levels of efficiency in front of goal. :lol: It is simply unheard of. Look at goals/attempts at any top striker in the world. They all miss a lot of chances every game. Old article from 2018 but point still stands:

https://www.planetfootball.com/quick-reads/comparing-the-conversion-rate-of-the-top-10-scorers-in-europe/

He's lucky to be fed 2 or 3 good chances from the team in a month.

:lol: Bruce.

Let's just chuck him on the left wing and see if he's any better there, who knows. Dwight can lead the line. It's not like he was blatantly insufficient at this level TWO YEARS AGO.

Ah, what a fat day of crap.

Surely he already does by way of his fee (if true). Obliterating a record fee you absolutely refused too for years and years for reason unbeknown to all.

Only Owen comes close but at least he scored some before he turned into a megacunt.

People still defending this fella man absolutely staggering. Why the hell is he still being shoehorned into the team too does he have some contractual clause. Hes utter utter shit and should be nowhere near the team

We couldnt give this joker away now

People still defending this fella man absolutely staggering. Why the hell is he still being shoehorned into the team too does he have some contractual clause. Hes utter utter shit and should be nowhere near the team

We couldnt give this joker away now

Haven’t seen you this angry since Megan Rapinoe won the World Cup. Another cloud of shame?

He looked far more comfortable but all that does is emphasise that we’ve paid way over the odds for a bang average wide player who we gambled we could make into a centre forward because of his size (and age).

Awful transfer, don’t blame the player.

You'd expect a player to look more comfortable out wide where this is more time and space compared to playing as a number 9.  He was still utterly ineffectual in the final third.

We've spunked loads on this guy cos he's a tall Brazilian forward.  Dwight Gayle is a better player.