Joelinton

Stifler

He's still getting a bit of a pass from me.  He's being played out of position, isolated in this Steve Bruce shambles of a side, you could put any striker in the world up front and they'd struggle.

I actually feel a bit sorry for the lad.

He's still getting a bit of a pass from me.  He's being played out of position, isolated in this Steve Bruce shambles of a side, you could put any striker in the world up front and they'd struggle.

I actually feel a bit sorry for the lad.

Same. I'm starting to waiver though.

Gayle and Muto must wonder what they have to do to get a chance. Joelinton has had around 27 Premier League games and has scored once. Time to try something different. What's the worst that could happen? Gayle or Muto couldn't do much worse.

Well this is the feeling with 5 at the back as well. We can't defend or create in this system.

Tomasson/Mitrovic mk2.

Untried in Premier league

Out of position

Massive expectation

Leaves at end of season , probably back to Germany, and becomes massively successful again

Only problem with your analysis is he's never been massively successful before.

Tomasson/Mitrovic mk2.

Out of position

Massive expectation

Leaves at end of season , probably back to Germany, and becomes massively successful again

He was 22 when we signed him and was on an upward trajectory before we got involved. The 40m obviously remains insane but I'm my opinion he'll go on to have a decent career elsewhere at a club with actual coaches.

Tomasson/Mitrovic mk2.

Out of position

Massive expectation

He was 22 when we signed him and was on an upward trajectory before we got involved. The 40m obviously remains insane but I'm my opinion he'll go on to have a decent career elsewhere at a club with actual coaches.

It depends on what you class as decent I suppose. I don't see any qualities in the lad that would make him a good PL player at all.

Tomasson/Mitrovic mk2.

Out of position

Massive expectation

It depends on what you class as decent I suppose. I don't see any qualities in the lad that would make him a good PL player at all.

I will reserve judgement on that until I see him working for a real coach.

You'd think anyone would have scored more but I refer back to Haller at West Ham who was banging them in abroad and he's only got 5 pl goals so far. The system is fucked and this lad needs help, which he's not getting.

Tomasson/Mitrovic mk2.

Out of position

Massive expectation

I will reserve judgement on that until I see him working for a real coach.

You'd think anyone would have scored more but I refer back to Haller at West Ham who was banging them in abroad and he's only got 5 pl goals so far. The system is fucked and this lad needs help, which he's not getting.

:thup:

Tomasson/Mitrovic mk2.

Out of position

Massive expectation

I agree. I have some doubts about his goal scoring instincts, but I quite like his footwork, and I think he might even have a decent finish in him if he gets some decent service at his next club.

if bruce says he's not an out and out striker - why the fuck didnt he tell ashley that when he was told he'd be spunking £40m on him.

dont believe a word that comes out of this FGB's mouth. he just as stupid as the FCB.

Doesn’t really matter what he told the club, since the club don’t give a shit. I doubt Bruce knew who Joelinton was before we signed him.

Yup. He was told he'd be getting a £40M striker and he rubbed his hands with glee. It's taken him 7/8 months of working with him, every day, in training to come to the realisation he lacks the instinct of a striker.

Doesn’t really matter what he told the club, since the club don’t give a s***. I doubt Bruce knew who Joelinton was before we signed him.

Yup. He was told he'd be getting a £40M striker and he rubbed his hands with glee. It's taken him 7/8 months of working with him, every day, in training to come to the realisation he lacks the instinct of a striker.

Posts like this never cease to amaze me. If you spent 3 years watching Rafa Benitez and didn't conclude how important coaching is then I don't know what to say.

The lad is new to a country, very young and working for a man whose eyes only light up at the sound of a bacon sandwich.

I'd imagine he doesn't know what day of the week it is nevermind where the goal is.

See what's funny about Joelinton to me is that it's obvious we need to do and we kind of have the players to do it, but Bruce is a fucking dinosaur and has no idea.

Anyone see Watford today? Joelinton should be playing the role they played Doucoure in, deep 9 or 10 harrying the midfielders/cbs of the other team. ASM & Almiron should be playing high and a bit narrower like the Liverpool front 3 to be able to break effectively when we win it.

We need to press higher and more aggressively to get our attackers in better areas. It's so fucking obvious.

That, however, would require Bruce to stop picking the worst ball playing CBS and work out how to get the best from Longstaff again, which is impossible.

See what's funny about Joelinton to me is that it's obvious we need to do and we kind of have the players to do it, but Bruce is a fucking dinosaur and has no idea.

Anyone see Watford today? Joelinton should be playing the role they played Doucoure in, deep 9 or 10 harrying the midfielders/cbs of the other team. ASM & Almiron should be playing high and a bit narrower like the Liverpool front 3 to be able to break effectively when we win it.

We need to press higher and more aggressively to get our attackers in better areas. It's so fucking obvious.

That, however, would require Bruce to stop picking the worst ball playing CBS and work out how to get the best from Longstaff again, which is impossible.

Doucoure  has incredible work rate and doesn't stop running until the game is over, this guy looks knackered and unable to move once the ref blow the half time whistle.