Football stuff on TV

Keefaz

• 10 months later...

keep an eye out for a documentary called 'paleda'. youngish couple travel the world playing in street games, in a bolivian (?) gail, with iranian women etc. really good watch. I saw it on PBS byt it's probabaly available elsewhere.

for those getting sick of the corporate side of things just found this is now on youtube in full. better on the TV screen and it's also available through the virgin youtube thing (can you get youtube on sky ?).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xa53HrCJo58

• 4 months later...

Has anyone seen those behind the scene clips that come on Sky sports before a program starts of the sky tv presenters watching a game, I absolutely love them and was wondering if they are anywhere on the net with a bit more info on what match ect they are watching

• 4 months later...

Avoid "World Cup's Best Goals Ever" on BBC3 like the plague. Who the fuck thought the 'presenter' was a good idea?

I was intrigued, just started watching it on Iplayer. It starts with a guy shouting out a window while naked, at BBC cameramen. Turns it off.

Aye, dated but interesting imo. Posted something somewhere else saying how good Garrincha was, I'd never seen him play before. If you like your football history they're decent. That Leonel Sánchez had a cracking left uppercut on him, was impressed by that :lol:

This Giggs program on ITV is worse than that Liverpool one on C5. Fucking primetime tv aswell, next week we'll be watching Roy Keane walk his dog along Beachy Head where he will watch people commit suicide and tell them they're not committed enough.

Anybody watching these WC films on BBC?

Got a few on iPlayer to watch.

e.g. http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b045p792/fifa-world-cup-official-film-5-1966

Just watching the 1970 one currently. Makes you appreciate just how good some players were. Brazil's attacking force, man. Pele, Jairzinho, Tostao, Rivelino.... totally unnecessary. :lol:

The England squad of 70 was better than the 66 one....had it not been for Banks being nobbled along with Ramsey not quite ever grasping substitutions, we'd have given Brazil a close game in the Final. Seen a film of this before and it's a great tournament.

Anybody watching these WC films on BBC?

Got a few on iPlayer to watch.

e.g. http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b045p792/fifa-world-cup-official-film-5-1966

Just watching the 1970 one currently. Makes you appreciate just how good some players were. Brazil's attacking force, man. Pele, Jairzinho, Tostao, Rivelino.... totally unnecessary. :lol:

The England squad of 70 was better than the 66 one....had it not been for Banks being nobbled along with Ramsey not quite ever grasping substitutions, we'd have given Brazil a close game in the Final. Seen a film of this before and it's a great tournament.

Is there a real conspiracy theory about this? As a wee bairn I loved the 1970 tournament like, sneaking into the living room while me parents snored to watch matches at midnight with the sound off, brilliant. We should've kept Bobby Charlton on, like. As you say, we had a better squad than in 1966.

Dunno why I'm subjecting myself to 2 hours of Motson on this WC1990 semi final rerun. His voice is a long-term constant source of infuriation. Shut up, John. Shut the fuck up.

Gazza's yellow card was such a clear booking in hindsight. :lol:

Not really considering how the game was played in 1990 and ultimately he never made contact and any injury was feigned... Today it's a certain yellow though granted...