Twitter nonsense

Thespence

If RB took over a PL club would they be able to change name, colors etc?

Branding is not permitted in club names in the English professional game or in the top four levels of non-league either. Dunston UTS had to change their name when they went up this summer.

They'd just do what they did in Germany.

Was there a rule change in Germany or something?

RasenBallsport Leipzig is their official name.

Guest NobbyOhNobby

Don't really get the hate for them personally compared to other owners

same

My hunch is it's probably something to do with them changing the name and the colours of the "lucky" club in order to turn them into an advert.

Well they're just more open about it but better to be an advert for soft drinks than an advert for UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia or even Sports Direct

Saw a German bloke on reddit the other day going on about why they were so hated and it was just watery nonsense reading him try to justify why it's ok for Bayer Leverkusen, Hoffenheim and Wolfsburg but somehow reprehensible when its Red Bull. In a perfect world of course it wouldn't happen but there are so many worse things happening in football

Might be worth reading up on German football clubs. On the whole, the majority of bundesliga clubs are fan owned, or are historically work sides (see VW and Wolfsburg). The idea of billionaires buying clubs (see Hoffenheim) or clubs being created from nothing to promote soft drinks is reprehensible to the majority of German football fans. German fans actually coordinate and join together for the betterment of football in their country. See ticket pricing and their hate of Monday night football as examples

Don't really get the hate for them personally compared to other owners

same

My hunch is it's probably something to do with them changing the name and the colours of the "lucky" club in order to turn them into an advert.

Well they're just more open about it but better to be an advert for soft drinks than an advert for UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia or even Sports Direct

Saw a German bloke on reddit the other day going on about why they were so hated and it was just watery nonsense reading him try to justify why it's ok for Bayer Leverkusen, Hoffenheim and Wolfsburg but somehow reprehensible when its Red Bull. In a perfect world of course it wouldn't happen but there are so many worse things happening in football

Might be worth reading up on German football clubs. On the whole, the majority of bundesliga clubs are fan owned, or are historically work sides (see VW and Wolfsburg). The idea of billionaires buying clubs (see Hoffenheim) or clubs being created from nothing to promote soft drinks is reprehensible to the majority of German football fans. German fans actually coordinate and join together for the betterment of football in their country. See ticket pricing and their hate of Monday night football as examples

Aye I loved that photo at the weekend of the St Paulie fans on the way to the match, used to love that camaraderie at Newcastle

• 1 month later...

How about having a thread just for people, and I admit to include myself in this, who want to soak up and believe every weird and wonderful issue regarding the takeover....be it Twitter bullshit, flight appearances, ITK, or just I heard this from the taxi driver. At this time of global catastrophe, some very lighthearted positive reading about the takeover relieves the boredom during the day. All other proper discussion either believers or non believers about the takeover can remain to be discussed in this thread.Just an idea from someone who wants to believe everything positive I read.....sad as that probably sounds.Having supported us for over 50 years I just want rid of this devil incarnate and lap up any positive bull from all sources.Quite possibly yet another complete load of crap I’m scrolling.

Jinky Jim[/member]

How about having a thread just for people, and I admit to include myself in this, who want to soak up and believe every weird and wonderful issue regarding the takeover....be it Twitter bullshit, flight appearances, ITK, or just I heard this from the taxi driver. At this time of global catastrophe, some very lighthearted positive reading about the takeover relieves the boredom during the day. All other proper discussion either believers or non believers about the takeover can remain to be discussed in this thread.Just an idea from someone who wants to believe everything positive I read.....sad as that probably sounds.Having supported us for over 50 years I just want rid of this devil incarnate and lap up any positive bull from all sources.Quite possibly yet another complete load of crap I’m scrolling.

Jinky Jim[/member]

OK thanks.....thought it was just for Twitter bull....perhaps we can put in more takeover talk from other various sources......Thanks Greg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

be peak ashley that like, to have demanded as part of the deal that he announces it so he can go all tory and spin his actions as benevolent for the club

in fact wasn't there a report ages ago that he was itching to make an announcement on the takeover but the saudis didn't want him to?