The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

Yeah from what I remember he didnt do too badly in pretty awful circumstances with Macclesfield, and Southend in horrendous state. Sheff Wed may be a big step up but I don't think it's unreasonable to think he may do better in a club without quite so huge off field problems. May be disaster, his personality does seem to clash with a lot but as said the Macclesfield results weren't bad iirc all things considered.

Southend haven’t won a game this season in the league below so he was on a bit of a hiding to nothing with them. Hard to say whether he’s any good or not, be interested to see.

As has been said Paul Cook would be a sound appointment too or Pearson if he’s fully fit again, used to play for them IIRC.

Must be after a new job, he's done the full circuit with interviews.

You obviously didn't the article, did you? He's ok but still recovering.

Not the first time you've misjudged him; I remember your presumption that he was a Brexiter and your surprise when you found out that he wasn't! Silly to think that just because he is a PFM (although he probably isn't!).

Also, I wonder what his motive here: https://www.ucfb.ac.uk/news/ucfb-news-hub/nigel-pearson-on-the-importance-of-mental-health-support/

Yeah, he might have called a journalist an ostrich (possibly justified!) and grabbed a player by the neck and shirt, but I don't think there was necessarily any malice in it.

No malice in gripping a player and choking him? It was extremely weird, if not malice then what was it?

It was nothing more than 'acting tough' behaviour, nothing violent and malicious. Even McArthur was smiling with him by the end of it. I believe the FA didn't see a justification to take any action against him apart from warning him of his future responsibilities.