On this day...

Tooj

Such a great goal. Showed Dyer's potential with that unreal pace. Shame injuries and probably attitude stopped him becoming a great player.

Dyer's lack of end product was one of the few things we had to worry about at that time. How things have changed. :lol:

Bruce was Bobby's recommendation for his successor, too. Fucking wish Shepherd had appointed him instead of Souness as it would've spared us this present-day shite we're having to put up with.

• 2 weeks later...

15 years ago today the Shearer record breaking goal at the Gallowgate end v Portsmouth! I remember I was 16 and had my first night in a pub the night before then was at this game the day after great times!

Shola did his best to fuck it up mind.

And the players celebrating with him really had no right to be associated with Shearer breaking the record

15 years ago man!

That roar!

Imagine now waiting for VAR to confirm it :anguish:

(sorry for bringing VAR up, but my first thought seeing immediate jubilation)

15 years ago today the Shearer record breaking goal at the Gallowgate end v Portsmouth! I remember I was 16 and had my first night in a pub the night before then was at this game the day after great times!

Shola did his best to fuck it up mind.

And the players celebrating with him really had no right to be associated with Shearer breaking the record

Ramage, Babayaro and N'Zogbia  first to share the moment :lol:

Thought Shola did alright there though.