Disco

?  

463 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

12 years ago today

2008-01-16kk-ashley-mort.jpg

Even being fortunate enough to have a ST during the Robson years as a young lad, I honestly think that moment and the week leading up to the Bolton game was some of the happiest I’ve ever had as a Newcastle fan.

By the time Keegan had left he really had turned around a dreadful side that I think would have been close to relegation by the end of the 07/08 season. I still feel robbed as a fan. I’d love to see in an alternative universe where we’d have reached with Keegan. I don’t think it would have been anything special. Perhaps a top 6 finish and a cup run of sorts. But it would have been fun whilst it lasted. 8 months was too short and  just cruel for a 14 year old.

Can you tell I’m not over it yet? :lol:

Makes you wonder how it all went so wrong.

Actual elements you can pick - Wise being appointed and the dodgy deals that summer then Lambias etc etc etc but from Keegan coming in until the end of the season everything looked set to (a) reestablish our position in the league and (b) make MA some cash.

Then it just all went to shit

Guest The Little Waster

Makes you wonder how it all went so wrong.

Actual elements you can pick - Wise being appointed and the dodgy deals that summer then Lambias etc etc etc but from Keegan coming in until the end of the season everything looked set to (a) reestablish our position in the league and (b) make MA some cash.

Then it just all went to shit

Ashley bought us in a rising market , he probably planned to sell us on for a decent profit but in 2008 the financial crash happened and whats happened since was determined by that event , everything else is details

1. Bought us in 2007, spread SD around the world..have some fun

2. Brought in Keegan Jan 2008, was ready for fun

3. Global Recession in Q2 2008 - Q2 2009

4. Keegan resigns in Sept 2008

5. Fans go mental and turn on MA

6. MA fucks up selling club to Sheikh Mansour in mid Sept 2008

7. Club gets relegated in June 2009

8. He can't find a buyer for the club whilst in Champo

9. Football becomes a very inflated business and he realizes he can basically do it on the cheap...bla bla bla

you all get the timeline.

Guest The Little Waster

1. Bought us in 2007, spread SD around the world..have some fun

2. Brought in Keegan Jan 2008, was ready for fun

3. Global Recession in Q2 2008 - Q2 2009

4. Keegan resigns in Sept 2008

5. Fans go mental and turn on MA

6. MA fucks up selling club to Sheikh Mansour in mid Sept 2008

7. Club gets relegated in June 2009

8. He can't find a buyer for the club whilst in Champo

9. Football becomes a very inflated business and he realizes he can basically do it on the cheap...bla bla bla

you all get the timeline.

Except 5.

Fans briefly go mental then continue to attend matches buy merch , pies , pints etc keeping the whole thing going

Don't think there's an alternative universe where he doesn't end up being a cunt. It might have lasted longer before he went into cunt mode, but he's such a petty, pathetic fucker that he was always ending up like this.

My view, is that when the crowd turned, he just took a vendetta against us. Everything that happened since then is part of that

That’s exactly where I’m at. I think he’s actively trying to screw us while taking what he can get.

The figures are completely wrong, look at player addition cost (£m) vs player sold cost. It's total misinformation.

Regardless of that we know the whole purpose of NUFC, whether money is siphoned out or not (which it clearly is, given the plethora of dodgy accounts and refusal to let anyone independent look at the books), the whole point of its existence is to provide massively reduced advertising for ShiteDirect.