Kevin Mbabu (now playing for VfL Wolfsburg)

TaylorJ_01

All of those fullbacks had performed really well in their respective home nations prior to signing for Liverpool though.

Manquillo is proper rotten

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

All of those fullbacks had performed really well in their respective home nations prior to signing for Liverpool though.

Manquillo is proper rotten

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Well yeah....I was referring to the list of left backs in Unlucky Luques post from his time at Liverpool

Signing Manquillo was just weird in all ways. Might as well have kept Anita.

Anita wanted to leave.

Yeah, a shame. He would have been far more valuable in the squad this year than manquillo. That said you get what you pay for and manquillo has done exactly what we expected him to.

To be fair to Manquillo too, he's played the majority of his games at LB as opposed to his favoured RB, not saying he's a different player on the other side, but it would have had an effect. I honestly don't mind him as a back up to yedlin, what we don't have really though is that back up to Dummett (although I think of our current squad Mbemba, could and should fill that role).

I thought he had what it takes and was disappointed to see him go. Didn’t seem big enough to be a CB (preferred position) but recall him having Sterling in his pocket (Apols), who was eventually subbed,when playing at Etihad.

I thought he had what it takes and was disappointed to see him go. Didn’t seem big enough to be a CB (preferred position) but recall him having Sterling in his pocket (Apols), who was eventually subbed,when playing at Etihad.

And Pedro! Think Mbabu has more talent than Yedlin from what I've seen.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Would have provided at least some attacking threat from fullback, something which has been nonexistent for us on the right since Debuchy left and on the left since and Enrique buggered off.

I only saw that one game against Chelsea, but he looked a very tough defender first and foremost. I suppose you can't tell much from one game, but he looked the part.