Isaac Hayden: on loan at QPR

The fact he's put a transfer request in suggests he's probably genuine about wanting to leave to get back down south. He could have moaned and twisted in the press about but the fact he's done it by the book is fair enough. Don't think he's quite good enough for where we are or where we would like to go though. No axe to grind with him, hope he finds a good club, plays regularly and develops as a player, he needs to play every week. Anything north of 5 or 6 million is tremendous.

Personally I'm a bit gutted he's going to leave. He's limited however got bags of time on his side to work out the kinks in his game.

Like someone already said, losing him and merino at their ages is largely disappointing regardless of the situations that are out of our control.

Agreed. Always liked him and seems to be a great lad off the pitch.

agree

I like Hayden, he came on leaps and bounds during our Championship season and actually finished it as a key player.  I expected him to do the same in the Prem - start quite slow then grow into it.  Unfortunately he didn’t, maybe because he didn’t get the chance due to Diame’s form.  The way Diame played is the player i expect Hayden to eventually become, he’s definitely got the attributes IMO.  I’ll be sad to lose him, there’s definitely a player there.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Howaythetoon

Probably got a slap off Lascelles, I expect to see him bring his entire family here now and becoming Diame 2.0.

Guest reefatoon

He'll be sitting on the subs bench with the bairn in a baby carrier tied around his chest, while the missus is out shopping.

That report couple of years back where he suggested he would avoid going back to his place because Rafa might be waiting to talk tactics, anyone remember?

Suspected then that wasn't the right attitude, if I was a keen footballer wanting to succeed the chance to listen to Rafa would seem like a gift from heaven to me like.

That report couple of years back where he suggested he would avoid going back to his place because Rafa might be waiting to talk tactics, anyone remember?

Suspected then that wasn't the right attitude, if I was a keen footballer wanting to succeed the chance to listen to Rafa would seem like a gift from heaven to me like.

:lol: :lol:

Maybe like anyone he just wants to do his own thing in his own time?

Seriously ? HE said it as a joke ,no ?

Yep. He did a few interviews raving about Rafa, how the England u21 coaching staff had noticed how he had improved and become a more intelligent footballer etc and it was all down to Rafa.

Expect we are keeping him unless we get all the transfer business done (Strikers, LB, AM, CB) and a replacement lined up. Could be a last minute deal.

BAHAHAHAHA sorry just re-read and realised how laughable that first sentence sounded.