Isaac Hayden: on loan at QPR

Guest neesy111

Surely back for the two home games? Should make a big difference along with Gayle.

Hopefully.  Don't rush him back though.

Surely back for the two home games? Should make a big difference along with Gayle.

Hopefully.  Don't rush him back though.

The scar should be well healed by now, it will just be a case of testing it out.

If I was a defender I would be livid about playing behind Shelvey and Colback. May as well just have a huge gap in the middle.

People were moaning about the odd misplaced pass. Some don't seem to realise what a difference it makes to a team's defenders and attackers it can make having someone with some power and athleticism in the midfield.

Clark has been so consistent throughout the whole season more or less. Never had a bad run of games like all the others have.

If all a defender has to be measured on is not making many mistakes then yes he's done well, but players like Shelvey, Gayle and Ritchie have won us the points that have seen us top the table. God without Shelvey we'd be probably be mid-table, with nothing at all in the middle. It's harder to do it up the other end of the pitch imo. A defender has to be pretty imperious and have a lot more about him to be considered a MOTM let alone POTS. Taking to the extreme, but Ramos for me is a team-defining centre-back and shines alongside Bale and Ronaldo, for different but equally important reasons imo.

The fact that Elliott got POTS last year says it all about the entire squad last year.

Clark has been so consistent throughout the whole season more or less. Never had a bad run of games like all the others have.

If all a defender has to be measured on is not making many mistakes then yes he's done well, but players like Shelvey, Gayle and Ritchie have won us the points that have seen us top the table. God without Shelvey we'd be probably be mid-table, with nothing at all in the middle. It's harder to do it up the other end of the pitch imo. A defender has to be pretty imperious and have a lot more about him to be considered a MOTM let alone POTS. Taking to the extreme, but Ramos for me is a team-defining centre-back and shines alongside Bale and Ronaldo, for different but equally important reasons imo.

The fact that Elliott got POTS last year says it all about the entire squad last year.

I agree, I think Hayden has been a bigger miss than Clark would be, if only because we don't have a replacement who can do anywhere near as an effective job. At least if Clark was out then you could draft in Hanley or Mbemba who are more than capable of doing a job.