General NUFC stuff

LoveItIfWeBeatU

When I grow up I want to be Laurent Robert. His life seems to be a combination of playing tennis, playing golf, hosting barbecues and he’s now sunning it up in a luxury hotel in Monte Carlo around the pool with his family. Coolest 40 something bloke in the world.

Just had a quick look on his insta and yes he’s pretty much living the dream. Good on him.

Day of golf with Sonny Anderson yesterday. Legend.

Could be a sliding doors moment this close season (however long/short it is). Takeover or not, there should be a number of player changes that take place as can easily see between 5 - 10 players leaving including Yedlin, Atsu with some loans not made permanent such as Bentaleb and Lazaro. Hopefully it's an exciting summer!

Guest godzilla

I like Ramage but not sure I am into the appointment. Agree on the whiff of jobs for the boys.

Well he wasn't a very good player so not confident he will be able to coach properly players coming through. Hey ho that's the Ashley era for you.

Guest Butcher

I like Ramage but not sure I am into the appointment. Agree on the whiff of jobs for the boys.

Well he wasn't a very good player so not confident he will be able to coach properly players coming through. Hey ho that's the Ashley era for you.

That makes very little sense as plenty of poor players have become good coaches. Like Rafa and Mourinho etc.

Guest godzilla

That makes very little sense as plenty of poor players have become good coaches. Like Rafa and Mourinho etc.

Makes perfect sense when you have seen Ramage play  :lol:

To be fair to him I don't remember anyone hyping him up at any point of his career, certainly not himself. Filled a hole when we were too cheap to fill it and always gave his best. He wasn't hyped like Remi Streete, Huntington and others. Contributed more in the end though.

Found his level in the Championship. Journeyman that knew his role. Coaching, who knows. I have seen his name pop up over the past couple of years, which I was surprised about so he is doing something right. Could just be speaking shite and blowing smoke up people arses but if so he will fit in with this club perfectly.

Newcastle: Given, Solano, Taylor, Ramage, Huntington, Milner, Dyer, Butt, Pattison (O'Brien 57), Sibierski (Carroll 80), Martins.

Subs Not Used: Harper, Edgar, LuaLua.

Sent Off: Taylor (58).

True shocker for everyone that day.

Guest Howaythetoon

A friend of mine is a good friend of Ramage, he’s a top bloke apparently and has wanted to get into coaching way back when he was an Academy graduate. Me, I want people with skill and qualities with a bit of a proven record, that’s who I’d hire, but you won’t find out if someone had skills and qualities unless you give them a chance. The cynic in me and the judgemental to be honest, just thinks jobs for the boys, cheap, not what you know but who you know and you don’t exactly inspire confidence in terms of what you achieved or didn’t and your own articulation. Lee Clark. A boyhood hero of mine, lots to give, lots to offer, but without wanting to sound harsh or snobby is thick as mince and hasn’t the vocabulary nor ability to articulate himself at all. Might work on an average 17 year old apprentice at Blue Star, but a would be elite player? Nah. That’s where football is a closed shop and you have to wonder how damaging the likes of Clark, Beardsley, Bruce even are to the future players who need more than just work hard, don’t give up etc. To get where they are the majority have a high standard of technical ability and have passed so many tests of their ability to reach a point where they are on the precipice of making it, and then along comes a Bruce who you could be HBA and... well!