Rafa Benítez (unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

He'd be mad to stay, and he's clearly not mad. To stay he'd need assurances that Ashley will simply never give. He's playing it perfectly though, ensuring he cannot be accused of scuppering anything or of making his position untenable by what he says to the media, but I can imagine no other outcome than him walking away at the end of his contract. And quite rightly, too.

According to Mark Douglas the meeting will likely take place Thursday or Friday so at the latest we should know if Benitez has signed a new contract by Monday at the latest.

They (Rafa Ashley Charnley) met Monday apparently according to a friend who had a nephew at the club.

According to Mark Douglas the meeting will likely take place Thursday or Friday so at the latest we should know if Benitez has signed a new contract by Monday at the latest.

They (Rafa Ashley Charnley) met Monday apparently according to a friend who had a nephew at the club.

Whenever they meet or have met it should be sorted soon.

Have a Celtic supporting mate who is insisting this is a done deal based on some source who's always right who also predicted Rodgers

"Announced on Monday"

Would be disgusting to see Rafa at Celtic of all places

Can't be right if meeting with our board hasn't happened yet..

Have a Celtic supporting mate who is insisting this is a done deal based on some source who's always right who also predicted Rodgers

"Announced on Monday"

Would be disgusting to see Rafa at Celtic of all places

Can't be right if meeting with our board hasn't happened yet..

It’s likely bullplop. Rafa is contracted up until the end of June. First he has to announce that he’s leaving, which hasn’t happened (yet) and then Celtic couldn’t announce anything until he was out of contract.

If he leaves, I think he waits for one of the bigger jobs. Pochettino is going to have to leave sooner or later.. Manchester United will have to face reality at some stage. There’s going to be better options for him if he waits.

But he won’t break a contract. So if he signs with us, then it means he’ll be here for the duration.

He won’t sign a two or three year deal unless the assurances are legally binding. I just can’t see him signing a short 1 year deal, what would be the point in wasting a year of your career? I’m sure he sees it like this as well.

I’d actually lose respect for Rafa if he went to Celtic of all places. It’d contradict everything he’s said over the past three years.

Which is why there’s no way he’s off to fucking Celtic.

I have an unkle, who has a cousin, whos wifes stepmothers son met a guy at a wedding who is Ashleys poolcleaners brother in laws grandfather who says there could've been a meeting or should be a meeting in the coming week(s).

So there is or soon is a deal agreed or not agreed!

I have an unkle, who has a cousin, whos wifes stepmothers son met a guy at a wedding who is Ashleys poolcleaners brother in laws grandfather who says there could've been a meeting or should be a meeting in the coming week(s).

How certain are they?

How certain are they?

Well, they're almost very certain that something might or might not happen, they think.

So relax, we should hear someting about anything sometime, I guess.

Guest covmag

Rafa has played a blinder as we all suspected.

Ashley has said he doesn't have the money to compete, this can only end one way.

Every passing day points to him leaving.

Ashley can't offer Rafa what he wants.To not have him signed up by now tells the whole story, I was convinced he was staying, I've no evidence I'm not ITK but if you are negotiating and piss farting around with a no brainer of a decision as this then it can only end badly.

Said it loads of times, Ashley doesn't deserve him, tell them all to just fuck off and go lad.

Guest chopey

This is taking far to long, if they wanted him to stay it would be sorted by now, Ashley wants to stay in the league, Rafa wants more than that, only one winner here.

This is taking far to long, if they wanted him to stay it would be sorted by now, Ashley wants to stay in the league, Rafa wants more than that, only one winner here.

It was 10 days after the Spurs 5-1 that it was announced he was staying. It’ll be the same 10 day-2 week period after Fulham imo.

He’s sitting with Ashley and a few others having breakfast right now in the Connaught Hotel in Chelsea.

He'll be there a while then if Ashley is having breakfast. That will roll into lunchtime once he's at the trough, washed down with a few beers before Mike starts ranting about wallpaper. I'm sure the fireplace there is  nervous...