Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)

Alby

Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)   

186 members have voted

1. 1. Have you / do you intend to pledge to the 1892 Pledge scheme orchestrated by the NUST?

• Yes
    • No

Still can't see this, they'll need about 300M at least realistically.  Plus I can't see many pesion schemes investing in a football club.  You'd have to be mental to put all that money at stake on the onus of making a profit, you'd have more chance going to Vegas and sticking it all on black.

The "Yes We Can" banner was passed over the heads of supporters in the Gallowgate at half-time and was taken away by stewards as it approached the corner.

Apparently, the stewards have been told to remove all banners and have been noting seat numbers of those people with them.

The "Yes We Can" banner was passed over the heads of supporters in the Gallowgate at half-time and was taken away by stewards as it approached the corner.

Apparently, the stewards have been told to remove all banners and have been noting seat numbers of those people with them.

Probably a reaction by the club to the "Cockney Rapist" banner. Can't say I'm that surprised.

Benwell Lad. You might be dead against litter, but its still quite a petty thing to moan about. From your post I would assume your are already against NUST and you're just looking for any little thing to pick holes. You're hardly likely to convince people by moaning about a leaflet hand out. If anything you're only highlighting how petty some of the arguements against are.

If NUST ever manage to buy Newcastle United I think they might be in for an unpleasant surprise about how many "petty" red tape, rules and regulations they have to comply with.

Just to clear something up here, we didnt hand out any leaflets on Saturday, we delivered them to bars around the city and left on tables within the bars.

There were two lads outside the Gallowgate End cash machine handing them out to people.

Another week with no update?

I think they issued a pretty strong condemnation of Llambias' programme notes in the last day or so. Might have been the Journal i read it, but I was surprised how hostile it seemed, given they will be hoping to negotiate a price with Ashley at some point if the money required is raised.

really getting quite dissolusioned with the yes we can campaign. at the start i wasnt convinced, then they had just about managed to convince me, was planning on investing in the idea. untill swansea and the bloke with the beard handing our leaflets and a couple of weeks of little  action despite this only being a 6 week campaign

really getting quite dissolusioned with the yes we can campaign. at the start i wasnt convinced, then they had just about managed to convince me, was planning on investing in the idea. untill swansea and the bloke with the beard handing our leaflets and a couple of weeks of little  action despite this only being a 6 week campaign

These 6 weeks are just to raise awareness and take on board feedback.  If they are to succeed, it will take a while for it to all come together.

Guest Roger Kint

So how long are we talking then? Its highly unlikely this will be ready by May(when any sensible bid should be ready to go before 1 June) and anything after that will mean next season is another relegation after a summer of nothing. That is of course unless somebody else jumps in first............

These 6 weeks are just to raise awareness and take on board feedback.  If they are to succeed, it will take a while for it to all come together.

That's not true though.  After 6 weeks they wanted an idea of how much they'd have to start putting together an offer as I understand it.

http://www.toontastic.net/board/index.php?s=&showtopic=26197&view=findpost&p=691884

That's not true though.  After 6 weeks they wanted an idea of how much they'd have to start putting together an offer as I understand it.

http://www.toontastic.net/board/index.php?s=&showtopic=26197&view=findpost&p=691884

If it is obvious to the supporter's trust that it has no chance of buying the club at this point, they might as well give it up. 

As some organisation of 'general opposition', all they do is provide the necessary object to keep Mike Ashley's hard-on up.

NB – I'm not saying 'shit or get off the pot', I'm saying 'shit, or get out of the voyeur's watercloset'.

From what I can tell from their initial statement, they didn't have any concrete offers of financial support from any of the institutions that they approached. They were hoping that once they'd shown that they had raised or were able to raise x amount of money from supporters, that these other potential backers would then come on board.

The thing is, it would take far more than expressions of interest from a few thousand fans to encourage these institutions to commit significant funds. I suspect that that is what they're finding and that's why everything is stuck.

Guest Roger Kint

From what I can tell from their initial statement, they didn't have any concrete offers of financial support from any of the institutions that they approached. They were hoping that once they'd shown that they had raised or were able to raise x amount of money from supporters, that these other potential backers would then come on board.

The thing is, it would take far more than expressions of interest from a few thousand fans to encourage these institutions to commit significant funds. I suspect that that is what they're finding and that's why everything is stuck.

Problem is the bigger investers know that an expressions of interest is not a guarantee of getting the money. I mean i expressed an interest in going to Barnsley today but here i am watching a very masculine sounding Helen on Soccer Am ;D