Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)

Alby

Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)   

186 members have voted

1. 1. Have you / do you intend to pledge to the 1892 Pledge scheme orchestrated by the NUST?

• Yes
    • No

Basically, its being ran in two stages, the first is to raise an amount which is seen as a sensible "proof of intent" then we will sit down with MA, do due diligence and agree a price. We will not be held to ransom over this, what will be paid is a fair price for the club depending on its current financial state etc. You're right though it would be far too easy for us to raise £200m and shout about it just to then have Ashley say "the price is £200m take it or leave it".

If that happened then we'd leave it, buying the club for over the odds would just mean we'd all be screwed in the long term, ideal scenario is we leave the money sitting there until he sees sense but otherwise we hand everyone their money back and give up. All we've lost is 5% of our deposits so on a £1500 investment that would be £7.50.

Thats a gamble Im willing to take.

We raise enough to prove we're serious, talk to him, agree a price, raise that, buy the club and then pull in the rest. Obviously we'll already have an understanding from those that have shown an interest as to just how much in total we will have but nobody other than those directly involved would know that.

Do we REALLY want more people who are bad with numbers running our club?

NUST OUT!

;)

Pure Gold.

:mackems:

The fact that he didnt read it properly is "Pure Gold"? Or the fact that you didnt?

Guest Heneage

Read the thread man.

All 11/12 pages? Be sensible.

Ok, so we all put money in, what happens when say Dave puts money in and eveyrthing he votes for doesn't happen? And he feels like he's not being heard and wants to leave? Sorry but I just don't trust their ability to raise enough cash.

Maybe this has already been answered and I apologise if it has.

According to the NUST site "The Trust will be revealing partners over the coming days, and has in place a buy out structure led by local firms and renowned names in the financial world", what level of finance and/or influence is NUST hoping/needing to achieve to keep these partners involved ?

Guest Heneage

Read the thread man.

All 11/12 pages? Be sensible.

Lazy as f***.

Oh I'm terribly sorry I am not blessed with your commitment and work ethic, but amazingly I don't fancy sifting through 12 pages (Which btw I have since done) only to find out their theory is based on huge 'Ifs' and something we both know will never happen.

This thing has major flaws that many are quite happy to just play ignorant too.

So you can't be arsed reading the thread (or you can, I don't quite get that bit) AND you've nothing to say other than 'it'll never happen'. Why exactly did you come into this thread again?

Look for Peasepud's posts. If you press Ctrl+F then you can find them easily enough. Or look here: http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php?action=profile;u=54;sa=showPosts

I would be willing to invest if I know who is going to be standing for elections as El Presidente. No offence to chaps who have set this up because in this day & age the vast majority of us are whingers/negative pricks on the sidelines or a bunch of snide cunts on computers so it nice to see people put themselves out there BUT non of them appeal as people for the top job for me. I would only be willing to commit hard cash if the people standing for the election were pukka business men (I know must of these cunts have been useless in football) but I don't want someone who has lives in house less than 2 weeks Colo wages, I would want someone who has done transactions involving 7 figures & more.

Guest Heneage

So you can't be arsed reading the thread (or you can, I don't quite get that bit) AND you've nothing to say other than 'it'll never happen'. Why exactly did you come into this thread again?

Look for Peasepud's posts. If you press Ctrl+F then you can find them easily enough. Or look here: http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php?action=profile;u=54;sa=showPosts

I came here to see what the fuss was about, and you calling me 'Lazy' is fucking ludicrous, because I share the lack of desire to read 12 pages of an internet message board? Have a word with yourself man, not all of us are so keen on these internet campaigns you set about.

Our fans could not raise £80M to begin with, then there's the fact that the club is now operating at a loss still because of the demotion to the league we are in, when a man with a net value of 2billion is struggling to keep us going that should be all the indication you need. He's said he'll put £20m into the club as of January, that's not on players, that's just in the club, that's keeping the lights on, paying the staff, £20m. Could Nusc draft that up at short notice? You'd need a full house at St James to donate around £400 each to raise that sort of cash, there's no way our fans have that kind of disposable income.

It's a truly lovely and romantic idea of the fans owning the club, but unfortunately business isn't romantic, it's cold and hard, we need someone with solid money and lots of it, and that's not Barry Moat either btw, IF, a new owner offers to sell part of the club to the NUSC then so be it, why they'd want to do that I don't know, but I'm entertaining ideas here.

Out of curiosity are you for this idea or against it?

I came here to see what the fuss was about, and you calling me 'Lazy' is fucking ludicrous, because I share the lack of desire to read 12 pages of an internet message board? Have a word with yourself man, not all of us are so keen on these internet campaigns you set about.

Our fans could not raise £80M to begin with, then there's the fact that the club is now operating at a loss still because of the demotion to the league we are in, when a man with a net value of 2billion is struggling to keep us going that should be all the indication you need. He's said he'll put £20m into the club as of January, that's not on players, that's just in the club, that's keeping the lights on, paying the staff, £20m. Could Nusc draft that up at short notice? You'd need a full house at St James to donate around £400 each to raise that sort of cash, there's no way our fans have that kind of disposable income.

It's a truly lovely and romantic idea of the fans owning the club, but unfortunately business isn't romantic, it's cold and hard, we need someone with solid money and lots of it, and that's not Barry Moat either btw, IF, a new owner offers to sell part of the club to the NUSC then so be it, why they'd want to do that I don't know, but I'm entertaining ideas here.

I'm undecided as to whether it will work due to the sheer numbers of people with your attitude, but I'm certainly for the idea and wish the people behind it all the best.

It's lazy that you just go into a thread and ask the same questions about twenty other people have asked, yes. If you don't have the desire to read up on it then why are you even bothering to ask questions?

Are you going to follow me around the forum for a day or two now, like you normally do when someone makes a post you don't like? I'd rather you didn't.

Guest Heneage

I came here to see what the fuss was about, and you calling me 'Lazy' is f***ing ludicrous, because I share the lack of desire to read 12 pages of an internet message board? Have a word with yourself man, not all of us are so keen on these internet campaigns you set about.

I'm undecided as to whether it will work due to the sheer numbers of people with your attitude, but I'm certainly for the idea and wish the people behind it all the best.

It's lazy that you just go into a thread and ask the same questions about twenty other people have asked, yes. If you don't have the desire to read up on it then why are you even bothering to ask questions?

Are you going to follow me around the forum for a day or two now, like you normally do when someone makes a post you don't like? I'd rather you didn't.

Lovely mature approach at the end their btw, shining example you are sir, but don't give yourself the credit, the fact you even entertain this idea is all I needed to know.

I'm asking for curisoity, but Jesus Christ Dave, I'm so sorry I didn't want to read double figure pages at this time at night, I'm sorry I don't have your level of commitment. If this was early evening I'd happily sit and trawl through posts, but right now amazingly, I just wanted a quick summary. Why are you so bothered? Did I ask you personally? I don't think I did.

Guest Heneage

You could have read the thread by now tbh, it's been half an hour.

And I don't claim to or have to set any kind of 'example'. Why on earth should I? :lol:

Dave will you stop following me around and replying to my posts cos you didn't like what I said please.

I think this has been mentioned here once or twice and Im going to get proper confirmation but where we say on the website that people can donate any amount and we'll bundle them up into totals of £1500 to buy a share then I dont believe we are offering voting rights to those that contributed. I believe that these are plainly and simply a way to let those donate that want to help but are unable to invest themselves.

I'll get proper full confirmation on that but its worth remembering for those that are wondering whether to go down that route or through somewhere such as here.

If I remember correctly the wording on the site is you can donate from £10 upwards so by that phrasing it suggests you don't get a vote unless you put in £1500 min. Unless you do it through a group like has been mentioned for on here.

I think this has been mentioned here once or twice and Im going to get proper confirmation but where we say on the website that people can donate any amount and we'll bundle them up into totals of £1500 to buy a share then I dont believe we are offering voting rights to those that contributed. I believe that these are plainly and simply a way to let those donate that want to help but are unable to invest themselves.

I'll get proper full confirmation on that but its worth remembering for those that are wondering whether to go down that route or through somewhere such as here.

If I remember correctly the wording on the site is you can donate from £10 upwards so by that phrasing it suggests you don't get a vote unless you put in £1500 min. Unless you do it through a group like has been mentioned for on here.

Yeah, and the £10 upwards is the bit thats causing me a little confusion, if its merely a donation (as I believe it is and we both agree it reads like) then why put a minimum amount on it? might just be poor wording or confusion on my behalf. Maybe we're thinking of sending them a certificate or something and the tenner ensures that the costs of that are covered in the donation.

Yeah, and the £10 upwards is the bit thats causing me a little confusion, if its merely a donation (as I believe it is and we both agree it reads like) then why put a minimum amount on it? might just be poor wording or confusion on my behalf. Maybe we're thinking of sending them a certificate or something and the tenner ensures that the costs of that are covered in the donation.

prehaps your website could make people aware that there are some syndicates being proposed for buying shares like on here,.( maybe with our Admins permission some links? i know toontastic are doing something similar with a £30 pledge each)

prehaps your website could make people aware that there are some syndicates being proposed for buying shares like on here,.( maybe with our Admins permission some links? i know toontastic are doing something similar with a £30 pledge each)

tbh I dont think that helps either side out though. At the end of the day we want as many of these "shares" to be sold. If we direct people to here or TT then it could just mean that the price per share on here drops to a quid say and you still only purchase one or two. Having them create their own with friends, family, workmates etc would result in more shares being bought.

At the same time for here, you should want to keep it among the regulars and not open it up to thousands that will pop in once, hand over a quid and then disappear only to jump back up once in a blue moon and ask for their cash back.

I do agree the website needs a little more clarity on that side of things though.

tbh I dont think that helps either side out though. At the end of the day we want as many of these "shares" to be sold. If we direct people to here or TT then it could just mean that the price per share on here drops to a quid say and you still only purchase one or two. Having them create their own with friends, family, workmates etc would result in more shares being bought.

At the same time for here, you should want to keep it among the regulars and not open it up to thousands that will pop in once, hand over a quid and then disappear only to jump back up once in a blue moon and ask for their cash back.

I do agree the website needs a little more clarity on that side of things though.

i dont think it will go as low as a pound. At £10 / 150 poeple , we will then be looking at multiple shares.

I'm waiting with bated breath to see who the "local businesses and institutions" are who will be backing this scheme because so far, although well intentioned, enthusiastic and romantic, it really has been quite amateurish and very clouded in it's detail.

I hope the heavyweights they are keeping under wraps can give this scheme some credibility and a solid businesslike basis.

So far we have seen nothing other than the usual suspects, undoubtedly true fans, but the cynic in me thinks they will never be any more than that even if they switch their seats from the Gallowgate to the director's box.  The NUST under any guise is still the often despised NUSC despite the new flash website and less profane manner.

I hope something can come of this, but I fear the romantic notion of "Barcelona on Tyneside" would only have been achievable before we went down the path of becoming a public company many years ago.

My feeling is that this valiant cause is doomed to failure, I hope I'm wrong and I'm looking forward to the already on board "local businesses and institutions" revealing themselves and giving the scheme a whole lot more substance.

Will read up on this properly tonight. I'm intruiged though, I guess the main concern is the stability of the money itself and whether there can be any genuine guarantees on it and where it lies. Will probably have questions later.