Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)

Alby

Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)   

186 members have voted

1. 1. Have you / do you intend to pledge to the 1892 Pledge scheme orchestrated by the NUST?

• Yes
    • No

Guest toonlass

I was talking to someone about this today and they asked me to ask this.

"If you are a current season ticket holder, and you cannot afford to buy a stake, will the NUST guarantee that their seat is safe, that it won't be sold from underneath them to be given to stake holder?"

It's probably been mentioned, but so fuk, its worth hearing again:

"There was a humbling message from an orphanage in Ghana, where the NUST have previously sent Newcastle shirts to disadvantaged children, kids whose lives put notions such as sport, victory and defeat into its proper perspective, with an offer to invest £5. In emotive terms, a value could not be placed on their gesture and at that moment, their challenge felt that bit more manageable. "

:weep:

Had a little shiver down the old spine when i read that.

The elected board member structure is clear, it's the "managing" directors bit that interests me.

If as you say there are already "names in the frame" then it sounds like people already involved fancy the posts, which doesn't sound too good unless they already have considerable experience of running football clubs.

When I talked about names in the frame though I made it clear that these were experienced business people, I honestly dont know any of the names because Im not involved in the discussions at that level. What I do know though is that these would be people that we would be happy to see running the club. As I also said, these are names that have been sounded out as to whether they were interested, more will appear as candidates Im sure as time goes on. Hell if you know someone suitable then make sure their name is in the frame.

None of the current committee have the experience to do this and would not be in there. I can safely say I wouldnt personally vote for them if they were. We need big business brains and a football knowledge. Thats not to say the President would have the football knowledge but you'd expect at least one of the people who surround him to have that.

At the end of the day, its the voters that decide the President. 5,6,10,15k Newcastle fans arent going to vote for some daft arsed shop assistant or civil servant over some self made business genius.

As I said earlier, this is not a stitch up to get ourselves in there and make a shed load of money. If you want that then give Moat a call and offer him your cash. As far as Im concerned, the day this happens and everything is in place then I will be moving back into working on the Supporters Club side of things and have nothing to do with the football club stuff. Theres many better qualified to sit on the board than the likes of me.

"If you are a current season ticket holder, and you cannot afford to buy a stake, will the NUST guarantee that their seat is safe, that it won't be sold from underneath them to be given to stake holder?"

There are no plans for anything like this in fact in all honesty you'd have to assume that those that are willing to put £1500 or more into this are more than likely to be ST holders anyway, those that arent probably live too far away to attend regular games. We're not offering STs as part of the deal or giving any guarantees of anything other than a 2% return on your investment.

Guest toonlass

There are no plans for anything like this in fact in all honesty you'd have to assume that those that are willing to put £1500 or more into this are more than likely to be ST holders anyway, those that arent probably live too far away to attend regular games. We're not offering STs as part of the deal or giving any guarantees of anything other than a 2% return on your investment.

Tbh, I said that I thought it would be like that.

Compared to many self-proclaimed fans out there, they are in fact attempting to do something and/or putting their words/thoughts into action, rather than engaged in mere chatters.

To be more exact, they're attempting to do something with other people's money, including big chunks of people's pension funds. In that position, you have to know what you're doing, and to convince people that you know what you're doing.

Not exactly true, a chunk of my pension will be tied up in this as well. I wouldnt ask anyone to do something I wasnt willing to do myself. You are right though. When doing something of this magnitude with other peoples money you do need to know exactly what you're doing, which we dont.

We do however have the backing of a shedload of people who do this day in day out and are willing to put their businesses names to it, if its not worked out properly then theres a hell of a lot more at stake for them than just personal pride. They believe its doable, theyve worked out the finer points and they are the ones that will be promoting this to their customers and the rest of the world.

You have to remember that you're not sending your money to a paypal account for the NUST, its not going to sit in our bank account while we try raising it. Funds will be paid to a top solicitors, regulated by the FSA and audited by relevant authorities.

We are merely the group that have put this in place.

peasepud, where were all of the email addresses used today gathered from? I have never given my email address to NUSC or NUST and recieved 2 emails. I have emailed NUST and recieved no response

Did you sign the petition against the name change?

peasepud, where were all of the email addresses used today gathered from? I have never given my email address to NUSC or NUST and recieved 2 emails. I have emailed NUST and recieved no response

Did you sign the petition against the name change?

no

In case anyone was wondering, Newcastle-Online did not and never would pass on members' account email addresses.

If members do not have their email address hidden via their account preferences however, there is nothing (barring time) preventing a member on here harvesting them.

It's probably been mentioned, but so fuk, its worth hearing again:

"There was a humbling message from an orphanage in Ghana, where the NUST have previously sent Newcastle shirts to disadvantaged children, kids whose lives put notions such as sport, victory and defeat into its proper perspective, with an offer to invest £5. In emotive terms, a value could not be placed on their gesture and at that moment, their challenge felt that bit more manageable. "

:weep:

Had a little shiver down the old spine when i read that.

Bloody hell

It's an interesting idea and I'll be following its progress. Got no spare money though so don't think I'll be joining in. :no:

check the thread we were talking about clubbing together to buy NO shares for those who havent got 1500. £10 each was suggested.

It's an interesting idea and I'll be following its progress. Got no spare money though so don't think I'll be joining in. :no:

check the thread we were talking about clubbing together to buy NO shares for those who havent got 1500. £10 each was suggested.

Aye, I saw, don't really fancy chipping in with others though. At least not random forumers, no offence intended btw. :lol:

Aye, I saw, don't really fancy chipping in with others though. At least not random forumers, no offence intended btw. :lol:

oh im offended alright, your basically saying i couldnt be trusted to share a £10 investment.

oh im offended alright, your basically saying i couldnt be trusted to share a £10 investment.

Told you we shouldn't have invited her.

Compared to many self-proclaimed fans out there, they are in fact attempting to do something and/or putting their words/thoughts into action, rather than engaged in mere chatters.

To be more exact, they're attempting to do something with other people's money, including big chunks of people's pension funds. In that position, you have to know what you're doing, and to convince people that you know what you're doing.

Not exactly true, a chunk of my pension will be tied up in this as well. I wouldnt ask anyone to do something I wasnt willing to do myself. You are right though. When doing something of this magnitude with other peoples money you do need to know exactly what you're doing, which we dont.

We do however have the backing of a shedload of people who do this day in day out and are willing to put their businesses names to it, if its not worked out properly then theres a hell of a lot more at stake for them than just personal pride. They believe its doable, theyve worked out the finer points and they are the ones that will be promoting this to their customers and the rest of the world.

You have to remember that you're not sending your money to a paypal account for the NUST, its not going to sit in our bank account while we try raising it. Funds will be paid to a top solicitors, regulated by the FSA and audited by relevant authorities.

We are merely the group that have put this in place.

In that case, I'd suggest that the people who do know what they're doing, start talking, and fast.

If this is supposed to be a new era of openness and accountability, it doesn't look good that so much information is apparently being held back at this point. If you have all this financial backing and / or professional expertise on board with you at this point, then let's hear about it. The more detail you can give, the more confident people can be that this is a viable plan and not a dream. You say that you are 'merely the group that has put this in place', but you're the only people that are talking at the moment.

I can honestly say that I dont know, as far as I was aware these were email addresses that we had collected over a number of different campaigns, the petitions, signups, facebook, twitter that sort of thing. However Im not responsible for the website these days so I will check to confirm.

What I can safely say is that N-O have not passed on email addresses thats for sure, I and the other admins on TT would never do that and Im 110% sure that Dave, Phil and those responsible for this place wouldnt either.

In that case, I'd suggest that the people who do know what they're doing, start talking, and fast.

If this is supposed to be a new era of openness and accountability, it doesn't look good that so much information is apparently being held back at this point. If you have all this financial backing and / or professional expertise on board with you at this point, then let's hear about it. The more detail you can give, the more confident people can be that this is a viable plan and not a dream. You say that you are 'merely the group that has put this in place', but you're the only people that are talking at the moment.

No offence here but you're trying to find fault with this and using the lack of in depth information on day 1 to beat us with. As I said earlier, weve issued the important information to let people see what is involved and what sort of figures we're talking about. Nobody is asking anyone to part with cash at this stage all we've asked for is the name, email and Date of Birth of those that are interested, you dont even have to commit that much at this stage. In return we've stated that we'll send additional information out to those interested so they can see whats what.

No doubt we'll be putting that info into the public domain as well but frankly coming across with the whole "this is meant to be a new era of openness and accountability" is a bit crap tbh.

We're the only people talking because its day 1, lets see what happens in days 2, 3, 4....14...30..etc before ripping us apart eh?

Without checking the thread can you still transfer a pension in to buy a share, one was bordering on £2,500 but if its now £1,500 I could definitely do it.

My understanding is that the minimum pension investment is £25,000. Cash investments are £1,500.

No offence here but you're trying to find fault with this and using the lack of in depth information on day 1 to beat us with. As I said earlier, weve issued the important information to let people see what is involved and what sort of figures we're talking about. Nobody is asking anyone to part with cash at this stage all we've asked for is the name, email and Date of Birth of those that are interested, you dont even have to commit that much at this stage. In return we've stated that we'll send additional information out to those interested so they can see whats what.

No doubt we'll be putting that info into the public domain as well but frankly coming across with the whole "this is meant to be a new era of openness and accountability" is a bit crap tbh.

We're the only people talking because its day 1, lets see what happens in days 2, 3, 4....14...30..etc before ripping us apart eh?

Why don't you publish the 'additional information' now? What is it that's so secret?

Why don't you publish the 'additional information' now? What is it that's so secret?

They have to release it in stages or it might blow...your...MIND!