Dogawful Officiating

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

Can’t find it but saw something random about Arsene Wenger changing the offside law so that any part of the body you can score with that is in line with the defence, will be classed as onside. I know you’ll still get iffy calls with the dodgy lines but I think we’ll see more goals now. Strikers can take a bit more of a gamble.

Can’t find it but saw something random about Arsene Wenger changing the offside law so that any part of the body you can score with that is in line with the defence, will be classed as onside. I know you’ll still get iffy calls with the dodgy lines but I think we’ll see more goals now. Strikers can take a bit more of a gamble.

Would this then be onside because Tiote's arm is playing Aguero's left foot onside? It's going to look ridiculous

ERH9-b6WkAA7m-W?format=jpg&name=small

Guest neesy111

They want to use it in Euro 2020 apparently. Rushing through a law before a huge international tournament always works a treat

Example?

I can't see how a linesman would see that it's not offside

It'll have to be one for VAR you'd think

And the lower leagues without VAR?

Exactly, there'd be no consistency and more frustration. I personally don't see any need to change the current position massively to be honest

Actually the incompetent buffoonery of refs and the dawning realization that no amount of technology in the universe can overcome their gargantuan ineptitude may be the best argument against VAR of all. Take your (busted) 50fps myths and bin them. Stuff the "b-b-but stoppages in muh beautiful game" blubbering. The depthless, abject, insurmountable stupidity of the referees is the death knell for VAR. Scrap it and save the money.

Guest neesy111

Yesterday for example, Lo Celso should have been binned. It was correctly reviewed and the third party came to the incorrect decision.

Disagree.

The officials on the pitch missed the incident and didn't even check it themselves in the monitor.