Success at what cost?

Mike
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

We have WWE, Boxing, Tennis, Golf etc etc there and neeone cares.

It is getting upset for no reason because it is a football club.

No, it's because its MY football club.

no it isn't. you have boycotted and don't go.. you have no say.

Fuck me

Sauna 52 12.30pm?

Fuck them and fuck any involvement in our club. We've got a cunt destroying our club. He's a business man with dubious morality and greed but make no bones about it if this happens we're swapping him for a  mass murderer, someone with the blood of civilians dripping from his hands.

It's bad now but at what price success lads fucking hell.

https://www.hrw.org/world-report/2019/country-chapters/yemen

https://www.amnesty.org.uk/saudi-arabia-human-rights-raif-badawi-king-salman

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/dec/23/jamal-khashoggi-timeline-of-key-events

fucking great isn't it. if you are that offended by Saudi's I take it you don't put oil or petrol/diesel in your car as that is where if comes from. people get offended over nowt.

"nowt"  :lol: :lol:  I'm terribly curious where you draw the line if Saudi Arabia's gross disregard for human rights is "nowt"

I draw the line in having mackems in charge. :lol:

a consortium of pol pot,idie armin,pinochet & bobby sands is fine

You're fucking disgusting.

:weep: big tears for Jm.

pulls yourself together.

every owner has a degree of dodginess. where are you drawing the line? are you expecting to be taken over by monks and nuns?

You voted Brexit didn’t you?

no I didn't. biggest act of self harm in our lifetime. what that's got to do with wanting NUFC to be successful at any cost I don't know. some people literally are never happy.

Because you’re coming across as one of those frothing at the mouth Brexit anti immigrant twats who are all over social media.

well pleased I can clarify the situation for you then.

i am not going to the Champions League final because we are owned by Saudis is weapons grade horseshit

You are one of those twats, fucks sake man have a look at yourself :lol:

not saying I am not. my point is valid though. people will forget very quickly where the money is coming from if we become successful. that is the uncomfortable truth this forum is refusing to face.

Oh I’m sure there’ll be a few people like that. As others have mentioned, society today is like that.

That doesn’t make it a valid point though. It’s more of an indictment on society

It’s just double standards by certain elements of the media. If it was Arsenal or Man Utd there would be little said.

The faux outrage would be short lived in any case. Once a decent manager came in and we were signing players, the sporting element would win over. Sportswashing, sure.

There’s no cost. We’ve paid our penance and then some over the last 12/13 years.

Fuck them and fuck any involvement in our club. We've got a cunt destroying our club. He's a business man with dubious morality and greed but make no bones about it if this happens we're swapping him for a  mass murderer, someone with the blood of civilians dripping from his hands.

It's bad now but at what price success lads fucking hell.

https://www.hrw.org/world-report/2019/country-chapters/yemen

https://www.amnesty.org.uk/saudi-arabia-human-rights-raif-badawi-king-salman

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/dec/23/jamal-khashoggi-timeline-of-key-events

fucking great isn't it. if you are that offended by Saudi's I take it you don't put oil or petrol/diesel in your car as that is where if comes from. people get offended over nowt.

"nowt"  :lol: :lol:  I'm terribly curious where you draw the line if Saudi Arabia's gross disregard for human rights is "nowt"

I draw the line in having mackems in charge. :lol:

a consortium of pol pot,idie armin,pinochet & bobby sands is fine

You're fucking disgusting.

:weep: big tears for Jm.

pulls yourself together.

every owner has a degree of dodginess. where are you drawing the line? are you expecting to be taken over by monks and nuns?

You voted Brexit didn’t you?

no I didn't. biggest act of self harm in our lifetime. what that's got to do with wanting NUFC to be successful at any cost I don't know. some people literally are never happy.

Because you’re coming across as one of those frothing at the mouth Brexit anti immigrant twats who are all over social media.

well pleased I can clarify the situation for you then.

i am not going to the Champions League final because we are owned by Saudis is weapons grade horseshit

You are one of those twats, fucks sake man have a look at yourself :lol:

not saying I am not. my point is valid though. people will forget very quickly where the money is coming from if we become successful. that is the uncomfortable truth this forum is refusing to face.

Oh I’m sure there’ll be a few people like that. As others have mentioned, society today is like that.

That doesn’t make it a valid point though. It’s more of an indictment on society

we are agreeing there mind.

Boycotters have far more say than those that are giving Ashley money.

interesting theory. so how are they going to get back in when their seats now belong to someone else?

Presumably you don’t want Ashley gone as you’re still actively supporting him? So logically those that did the most to remove him, deserve the success that might come from a diff owner? Or should you be rewarded because you trekked 20 mins on a metro into town and went to the match?

supported worse regimes than Ashley since 1981. support the club through thick and thin should always be the mantra. the boycotters should be banned for life for turning their back on the club rather than turning up when it gets good again.

interesting theory. so how are they going to get back in when their seats now belong to someone else?

Presumably you don’t want Ashley gone as you’re still actively supporting him? So logically those that did the most to remove him, deserve the success that might come from a diff owner? Or should you be rewarded because you trekked 20 mins on a metro into town and went to the match?

supported worse regimes than Ashley since 1981. support the club through thick and thin should always be the mantra. the boycotters should be banned for life for turning their back on the club rather than turning up when it gets good again.

:lol: so? Should wolves fans be banned for getting rid of their owner? I’d ban the blokes who love giving Ashley their money to dick our city all over the shop. You paint it like it’s some hardship to travel to a city centre stadium and watch a match for 90mins. It’s much harder to stay away. What have you done to facilitate Ashley leaving? Sat on your arse at the match?

bought loads of merchandise at Sports Direct then shouted at shops. bought loads of pints and food at the ground then shouted at the owner. like everyone else basically

Hugely conflicted. I’m an active prisoner in many respects, when it comes to NUFC. I can stop going to matches, I can stop buying merchandise, but to completely divorce myself from the club would be too difficult. Ive tried over the last five years to not give a fuck, but just can’t do it. I miss going to games, spending time with friends and the buzz of the whole day. I miss being fully involved with the whole club. I don’t think I can really be assed trying to fight off another regime, especially if we’re going to be good.

At the same time I don’t know if I could be fully behind the club in the way I would be when Freddy Shepard owned the club. Any success that came would feel relatively hollow compared to the success we might have had under more benign ownership. It also means whatever happens NUFC would forever be tarnished as the club that contributed to the sportswashing of war crimes. The other question is aren’t these responsible for wahabi-ism the most evil interpretation of the Islamic doctrine? Don’t they fund Mosques that teach that stuff? Aren’t they the mosques that are responsible for terrorism and grooming gangs? Some of which have been found to be operating in Newcastle.

Now, what about the game itself? We’d simply be contributing to the ruin of the game we love. Success wouldn’t be earned, we won’t have struggled for it, it would have just been handed to us on a silver platter. Ideally someone local would buy the club and give it back to the fans to become a democratic institution, but that for many reasons just isn’t going to happen. We need the 50+1 rule ASAP. Governments and ruling bodies need to do something about this.

Worse regimes in what way ? I can put up with an owner not running the club as I see fit, McKeag etc but I'd say hes of a differing level human to Ashley and then again to MBS.

and I'm still a season ticket holder at least till the 10yr deal runs out.

Hugely conflicted. I’m an active prisoner in many respects, when it comes to NUFC. I can stop going to matches, I can stop buying merchandise, but to completely divorce myself from the club would be too difficult. Ive tried over the last five years to not give a fuck, but just can’t do it. I miss going to games, spending time with friends and the buzz of the whole day. I miss being fully involved with the whole club. I don’t think I can really be assed trying to fight off another regime, especially if we’re going to be good.

At the same time I don’t know if I could be fully behind the club in the way I would be when Freddy Shepard owned the club. Any success that came would feel relatively hollow compared to the success we might have had under more benign ownership. It also means whatever happens NUFC would forever be tarnished as the club that contributed to the sportswashing of war crimes. The other question is aren’t these responsible for wahabi-ism the most evil interpretation of the Islamic doctrine? Don’t they fund Mosques that teach that stuff? Aren’t they the mosques that are responsible for terrorism and grooming gangs? Some of which have been found to be operating in Newcastle.

Now, what about the game itself? We’d simply be contributing to the ruin of the game we love. Success wouldn’t be earned, we won’t have struggled for it, it would have just been handed to us on a silver platter. Ideally someone local would buy the club and give it back to the fans to become a democratic institution, but that for many reasons just isn’t going to happen. We need the 50+1 rule ASAP. Governments and ruling bodies need to do something about this.

Well put, very much where I am.

:lol: Fuck off man. It's our football club because we've supported it all our lives, that won't stop because we refuse to fund the man who is destroying the very fabric of the club.

Like I said, I'm conflicted. I'd expect most people with a conscience to be, if you think you can deal with it then that's fine. To act as if it's virtue signalling or in some way contrived to feel uncomfortable about this, I'd be looking at myself if I were you.

Our whole club will basically be Saudi Arabia United just based in Newcastle. They aren't buying us because they love football, they'd be buying us to use us as a marketing tool for Saudi Arabia to become acceptable in the eyes of the West. Anything we would win would be a victory for Saudi Arabia and their regime, same with Man City/PSG and their owners. Its a no for me

we have had terrible owners do terrible things to us as fans:

platinum club

bond schemes

forcing keegan out the first time by turning it into a plc

mechandise made in sweat shops in china

renting warehouses in gibralter that stay empty for cash reasons

massive dividends being trousered by Fat Fred and Halls

that is before we get on to the Ashley era.

then (assuming we do) get taken over by someone who is going to put money in and run the club properly to try and compete and that is when people on here are protesting.

Worse regimes in what way ? I can put up with an owner not running the club as I see fit, McKeag etc but I'd say hes of a differing level human to Ashley and then again to MBS.

and I'm still a season ticket holder at least till the 10yr deal runs out.

Nah McKeag was far worse than MBS. Have some perspective!

platinum club

bond schemes

then (assuming we do) get taken over by someone who is going to put money in and run the club properly to try and compete and that is when people on here are protesting.

It's a very Tory outlook from a forum full of lefties. I'm alright so fuck everybody else

:lol: Fuck off man. It's our football club because we've supported it all our lives, that won't stop because we refuse to fund the man who is destroying the very fabric of the club.

Like I said, I'm conflicted. I'd expect most people with a conscience to be, if you think you can deal with it then that's fine. To act as if it's virtue signalling or in some way contrived to feel uncomfortable about this, I'd be looking at myself if I were you.

you would go and enjoy the matchday experience again like we all will. where the money comes from isn't our concern.

platinum club

bond schemes

"terrible things".....those arent terrible things.

you would go and enjoy the matchday experience again like we all will. where the money comes from isn't our concern.

It obviously is or this thread wouldn't exist.

platinum club

bond schemes

It’s not just about the fans you utter gimp, it’s about people, societies.

Didn’t see Shepherd ordering someone to be torn apart while alive??

It obviously is or this thread wouldn't exist.

if anyone is really that 'conflicted' then they shouldn't go. that is their right. but to pontificate and say other shouldn't go is wrong

platinum club

bond schemes

It’s not just about the fans you utter gimp, it’s about people, societies.

Didn’t see Shepherd ordering someone to be torn apart while alive??

I agree Fat Fred was far worse

where the money comes from isn't our concern.

Why not?

why? most football clubs money comes from dubious sources. China, USA, Qatar etc but no Saudis ae the only bad guys and nufc fans should stand against it in a lone crusade.

Guest neesy111

USA as a dubious source. :mackems:

Now I don't agree with most US government actions, but their wealth as a country is not dubious.