Rafa Benítez (unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

Guest firetotheworks

What was the jist of his anger? Ref or...?

He started by saying "VAR. Now!" so that'll give you an idea. Making the point that Lascelles gets back so it's not a red (don't agree on that one) and then the elbow, which is obviously spot on.

Clearly not a red card,  clearly a foul & penalty on Perez. Why wouldn't he be angry?

It probably was a red. I’d be asking for a red at the other end.

You'd be asking but you probably wouldn't get it. Dean had his red card before the lad even went down.

Clearly not a red card,  clearly a foul & penalty on Perez. Why wouldn't he be angry?

You'd be asking but you probably wouldn't get it. Dean had his red card before the lad even went down.

Oh, absolutely. But a lot of players get sent off like that. It’s not controversial like the assault on pereth

Oh, absolutely. But a lot of players get sent off like that. It’s not controversial like the assault on pereth

Agree it was a red, but Dean almost made whipping out the red card look like a celebration. At one point I thought he was going to start high fiving the Wolves players.

Agree it was a red, but Dean almost made whipping out the red card look like a celebration. At one point I thought he was going to start high fiving the Wolves players.

Nah, but he saved hugging them until the end. Not even lying either.

Yedlin was in the same position as he would be if he was at RB when he miss controlled it, he just fucked up, moving him to CB was nothing to do with the error, aside maybe two centre halfs more central might have provided more cover.

Yedlin wasn't in the same position if he was at RWB where he played in the first half

Rafa:

“Losing is always something that you don’t expect, but in a game that you were controlling and we were doing enough at least to create chances and have the possibility to win the game, then you see these incidents, the red card and after, the elbow in the face of Ayoze that is a penalty and a red card

The summary is that you lose three points and you see the table and you have to keep fighting in very difficult circumstances

“I saw the replay and we need VAR right now.”

You can see the replay.

“I was praising the referees after a player was talking and they fined me.

“Imagine how I feel now

You can see the two incidents in the video.

“It was unbelievable

When you have a player on the corner of the box with the ball two or three meters away, he was pulling DeAndre, DeAndre was pulling him and Lascelles was close enough.

“I cannot believe that every time he touched the ball, he would put the ball in the top corner and it’s a clear chance of goal.

“I cannot believe that. It’s very difficult

When a team that is fighting for survival and then you see this kind of situation, it’s very difficult to explain to our fans and everyone, ‘We did that’ or ‘We have to do this’ or ‘We have to do that’.

“It’s very difficult

“Yes. It was an elbow in the face, he was bleeding – it was so obvious.

“But I have seen the replay.

“You can see the replay and see the face of the player and after, what happened.

“Anyone can see that, so we need VAR

“Without VAR, seven, yes. [defeats at home]

“We need VAR and then maybe we can change a little bit.”

Today wasn’t about that [takeover], it was about VAR.

It was so clear.

“The team was fine, the team was focused, they were working hard, doing well and again I will say we were in control. "

Insane that you get fined for being angry about the state of the officiating in such a match that 2 major flashpointa went against you with stats backing up years of this same biased reffing. Fuck the refs and the PL.

In the spirit of "you might as well be hanged for a sheep as for a lamb" Rafa should have let rip at the officials and the FA calling them incompetent and/or corrupt.

I see there's barely a ripple in the media about the elbow incident and Rafa's call for VAR.

Someone should do a video compilation of all the incidents which should have resulted in a red card for the opposition from the last 146 NUFC Premiership games.

Was it not Mike Dean that didn't send off David Luiz for taking down Demba Ba when he was through on goal in a similar position x seasons back :lol:

Yes.  I would love someone to do a video with both of those incidents playing simultaneously.  It would show Mike Dean up for the corrupt cunt that he is.

When any of our players do anything remotely bad that isn’t caught by refs sky is out there playing it 5,000x a minute and tweeting about it trying to get our men banned for life

Funny how Mitrovic was enemy number one for us but is a little angel at Fulham.