Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

We will finish 1 or 2 spots above the bottom 3. Bruce should be sacked. He won’t. Nickson and Charnley should be sacked for the Joelinton signing. They won’t. This club is pointless until it’s sold. Any time you get any hope or joy out of just plainly watching football you are smacked with reality when you’re coming out of half time at 0-0 at Arsenal and you lose 4-0. Then you have your own fans saying that Bruce isn’t doing that bad and your press is saying the same and that reality is we are doing better off etc etc etc. small time mentality by most of the press, by most of our fans, and the like.

The only thing keeping most of us together is bloody Newcastle Online and it’s constantly infected with waves of randoms and weirdos that would make Mapou Yanga Mbwia look normal. Happy days.

We will finish 1 or 2 spots above the bottom 3. Bruce should be sacked. He won’t. Nickson and Charnley should be sacked for the Joelinton signing. They won’t. This club is pointless until it’s sold. Any time you get any hope or joy out of just plainly watching football you are smacked with reality when you’re coming out of half time at 0-0 at Arsenal and you lose 4-0. Then you have your own fans saying that Bruce isn’t doing that bad and your press is saying the same and that reality is we are doing better off etc etc etc. small time mentality by most of the press, by most of our fans, and the like.

The only thing keeping most of us together is bloody Newcastle Online and it’s constantly infected with waves of randoms and weirdos that would make Mapou Yanga Mbwia look normal. Happy days.

:lol: Accurate, unfortunately.

Newcastle should stay up even if the teams form continues to be horrific, its not beyond them to get another 8 maybe 10 more points which will be enough to survive relegation. It wouldn't really surprise me either though if Newcastle are still looking to confirm survival in the last 3 or 4 matches of the season.

I can see a poor end to the league season which will spill over into next season like it does for most teams like Watford this season for example, but perhaps a FA Cup semi place which Bruce will feed off for years like Pardew did with the 5th place finish.

Journalists will suddenly shut up about the "better than at this stage last season" when it works in favour for Benitez.

We gained 20 points from our final 12 games last year. Can’t see us getting anywhere near that this year.

The ‘better than last season narrative’ will be replaced by the excuse (which has already started) that Bruce can’t get the team to be more expansive and will have us playing better next year.

Just been studying form and fixtures and relegation is still a distinct possibility this season, plus I think we might be close to the "Nobody gives a fuck" moment again.

Genuinely uncertain if I want us to survive, mixed emotions. Heart says survive, brain says burn.

Teams down at the bottom have some shocking fixtures left.

Watford’s are awful, West Ham have a pretty bad run of fixtures, so do Aston Villa, and Bournemouth.

In comparison our fixtures are fairly decent, the thing is though the majority of our decent fixtures start on Saturday and we really need to take advantage of them.

Teams down at the bottom have some shocking fixtures left.

Watford’s are awful, West Ham have a pretty bad run of fixtures, so do Aston Villa, and Bournemouth.

In comparison our fixtures are fairly decent, the thing is though the majority of our decent fixtures start on Saturday and we really need to take advantage of them.

I agree with this. I can’t see Norwich, Watford or West Ham picking up many points between now and end of season. Villa should be just safe.

We’ll win 3 or 4 more games this season. How I’m not sure but we will. Worst Premier League side to ever stay up comfortably!

I didn’t realise our run of games. We’ll be safe in April.

:thup: We'll be at 40 points in no time imo. Christ only knows how.

Well I think tomorrow's game might see a few nerves kick in if we don't get anything.  We've probably mustered enough points already to see us through, but we are so shit at imposing ourselves, you could see us losing against anyone in the division.

hadn't realised how bad shape west ham were in tbh, that'll be an astonishing relegation if they manage it, genuinely very impressive

interesting that their £40m striker has only got 6 goals as well, granted it's 5 more than ours but still this lad was much more highly rated than joey unless i'm mistaken

Journalists will suddenly shut up about the "better than at this stage last season" when it works in favour for Benitez.

I was just about to post something to that effect.

Anyone know what week we could start being 'worse off' than we were last season?  Wonder, when that time comes, if the skid marks in the press will bring last season in to the conversation as much as they currently do.

I was just about to post something to that effect.

Anyone know what week we could start being 'worse off' than we were last season?  Wonder, when that time comes, if the skid marks in the press will bring last season in to the conversation as much as they currently do.

After 28 games, 26TH February 2019 we had 31 points