Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

I had a similar conversation with a season ticket holder friend of mine.  He claimed we were safe from relegation as there were three teams worse than us.  I asked him to name the teams and they were Norwich, Villa and Watford.  I reminded him that both Norwich and Villa played us off the park earlier in the season (and before 0-0 on Saturday).  I also reminded him Watford were unlucky to leave St James' with just a point.  He completely zoned out at this point and may as well stuck his fingers in his ears.  I honestly haven't seen three worse teams than us.

Still reckon Bournemouth will go. Along with Villa and Norwich.

Fingers crossed that you are right.  I actually think we will stumble to safety.  However, the whole situation reminds me of the mackems in their last 3 or 4 seasons in the top flight.  Their goalkeeper always won player of the season (Dubravka?).  They were heavily reliant on loan players (sound familiar).  Celebrated finishing 17th (it could be us).  Gave away thousands of free tickets (is it becoming clearer?).  And frightingly they were massively mismanaged from top to bottom and that is where we are at this moment in time.  I truly hope I'm wrong, it may not be this season but it is happening, the club are in a downward spiral.

Guest godzilla

Still reckon Bournemouth will go. Along with Villa and Norwich.

Fingers crossed that you are right.  I actually think we will stumble to safety.  However, the whole situation reminds me of the mackems in their last 3 or 4 seasons in the top flight.  Their goalkeeper always won player of the season (Dubravka?).  They were heavily reliant on loan players (sound familiar).  Celebrated finishing 17th (it could be us).  Gave away thousands of free tickets (is it becoming clearer?).  And frightenly they were massively mismanaged from top to bottom and that is where we are at this moment in time.  I truly hope I'm wrong, it may not be this season but it is happening, the club are in a downward spiral.

Difference is the mackems were dead and buried nearly every time and then pulled 4 or 5 games out of the hat.

We could not score another goal all season and probably still scrape it with 0-0's

We'd need 9, out of 13. I can't see it. We're going down, this season. And I am delighted. It's all the sweeter because the smug t***s think they're doing a good job.

You have 6 teams needing to catch up between 5 - 7 points and these teams are behind that much for a reason. We will stay up this season as this team is picking up points regularly despite the appalling football and forward play. Next season however is a different kettle of fish.

4 teams. Southampton and Palace are pretty much on par.

Also we have to play those teams.

Of course our luck might continue.

Guest godzilla

We could not score another goal all season and probably still scrape it with 0-0's

We'd need 9, out of 13. I can't see it. We're going down, this season. And I am delighted. It's all the sweeter because the smug t***s think they're doing a good job.

You have 6 teams needing to catch up between 5 - 7 points and these teams are behind that much for a reason. We will stay up this season as this team is picking up points regularly despite the appalling football and forward play. Next season however is a different kettle of fish.

6 teams Brighton, West Ham, Bournemouth, Villa, Watford and Norwich

6 teams Brighton, West Ham, Bournemouth, Villa, Watford and Norwich

Oh aye. I forgot only one team gets relegated this season.

Newcastle would be doomed without brilliant goalkeeper

They may look relatively safe, level with Arsenal, Burnley and Southampton — who are below them in 13th — on 31 points, but Newcastle’s performances have not been as good as the table suggests.

Part of Newcastle’s problem is that they are exceptionally bad at moving the ball in advanced areas of the pitch. Bruce’s side play the fewest passes in the opposition half in the league (173.3 per game), the fewest passes in the final third (40.8), and the fewest passes into the box (21.6). They are terrible at circulating possession and constructing attacking moves.

They rank second-bottom for the quality of the chances they create (worth 0.84 expected goals per game, excluding penalties) and the quality of chances they concede (worth 1.84 expected goals, or xG). On the balance of chances, they are the worst team in the division. At the other end, Newcastle give up more shots on target than any other team. Luckily, they have Martin Dubravka. Opta have calculated that Dubravka’s saves this season have prevented eight goals — the best of any top-flight keeper.

The next four home games — against Burnley, Sheffield United, Aston Villa and West Ham United — are crucial. Seven points from those should assure their safety.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/which-teams-are-best-placed-to-survive-tightest-of-relegation-battles-05hcj6530

Right I'm all on board the relegation train. Let this club sink like the titanic. Steve Bruce's comments and his media chums defending him have driven me to the edge.

Let us go down and watch the defence of this cunt then.

Right I'm all on board the relegation train. Let this club sink like the titanic. Steve Bruce's comments and his media chums defending him have driven me to the edge.

Let us go down and watch the defence of this cunt then.

Welcome, brother.

I honestly can’t stand Nolan, I was one of the few who didn’t like him after the Andy Carroll saga, but recently his behavior is even more annoying. He’s a self serving twat imo

Yep I’ve completely gone off him since he started kissing Ashley’s ass

• 2 weeks later...

Any other club in our position would be thinking 50 points here. 5 wins, 4 draws, 3 defeats when you have 8 games against the rest of the bottom half should be achievable. I think he’ll just about scrape 15 points so that ‘he did better than Rafa’.

"Tough first season for Bruce. Was always going to be hard for anyone following Rafa. Next season is when we'll really see them take the shackles off."