Jamaal Lascelles: set to miss 6–9 months with ACL injury (Official)

Nobody

Jamaal Lascelles  

176 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

• 7 months later...

We hardly talk about him much here judging by how far back this thread is, but he really deserves a lot of praise for his performance most of this season, it annoys me to see players like Tyrone Mings getting ahead of him in the national team when he's been preforming the way he has been for us.

We hardly talk about him much here judging by how far back this thread is, but he really deserves a lot of praise for his performance most of this season, it annoys me to see players like Tyrone Mings getting ahead of the in the national team when he's been preforming the way he has been for us.

Still think the forum hates him for his Ashley comments. Before then he was loved.

Guest Butcher

So uncomfortable on the ball when pressured. Don’t think he’ll ever play for England.

Cracking defender and leader, mind.

He is a fantastic defender like. Better than Mings imo who has managed caps lately. I'd also say he's a better defender than Maguire so...

Aye. I don’t think Maguire offers a great deal more than wor Jamal tbh, who I think has been fantastic for us for the most part. Really grew as a player under Rafa

Don’t think he’s anywhere near good enough for England. A big part of a centre-back role with England the majority of matches is being able to step out from defence confidently and pick a pass against teams sat with two deep defensive lines.

Don’t think he’s anywhere near good enough for England. A big part of a centre-back role with England the majority of matches is being able to step out from defence confidently and pick a pass against teams sat with two deep defensive lines.

Mings, Stones, Maguire all loads better than him like? At passing maybe, defending nah.

Lascelles has actually added carrying the ball out of defence to his game of late, when the opportunity arises.

Given though, how we have next to no possession and don't ever have to worry about teams sitting deep against us, he's hardly going to be doing it multiple times a game.

His technical game and positioning has improved a lot IMO.

Lascelles has actually added carrying the ball out of defence to his game of late, when the opportunity arises.

Given though, how we have next to no possession and don't ever have to worry about teams sitting deep against us, he's hardly going to be doing it multiple times a game.

His technical game and positioning has improved a lot IMO.

Quite a powerful runner with the ball when he gets going. Far less awkward and bumbling than Maguire for instance.

I think it gets overlooked how dominant he is in the air too and how important that is. I don’t think there’s another English centre back that commands the area like he does. Mings is probably the closest but has the draw back of being an absolute over rated calamity. I’d definitely have him in the England squad but he doesn’t seem to be in favour Southgate for whatever reason.

All I ever see is stones carrying the ball in to an opposition player for England. If that’s what makes you England quality then fair enough, Jamaal isn’t your guy.

You really don’t need two centre backs who pass out of defence, not when you have others around strong at it. I think that’s why it works well for us, Jamaal Does all the proper defending and his keeper and partner (and fbs) can take care of distribution. When he does come out it’s usually a shock to the opposition and he gets away with it. Think it was against Sheffield Utd (Certainly a game since the restart) he ran with the ball in to their half and no one was ready to pick him up.

He has improved in this department, but probably not enough to allow posters to forget/forgive his pro Ashley comments So will always now be a lumper of a centre who needs replacing as soon as the money hits our account.

All I ever see is stones carrying the ball in to an opposition player for England. If that’s what makes you England quality then fair enough, Jamaal isn’t your guy.

You really don’t need two centre backs who pass out of defence, not when you have others around strong at it. I think that’s why it works well for us, Jamaal Does all the proper defending and his keeper and partner (and fbs) can take care of distribution. When he does come out it’s usually a shock to the opposition and he gets away with it. Think it was against Sheffield Utd (Certainly a game since the restart) he ran with the ball in to their half and no one was ready to pick him up.

He has improved in this department, but probably not enough to allow posters to forget/forgive his pro Ashley comments So will always now be a lumper of a centre who needs replacing as soon as the money hits our account.

It seems like he’s quite conservative in his decision making - he always looks for a low risk pass and almost never carries it. From memory of the incident you mentioned, he took a long moment to decide to dribble. He indeed looked strong and positive, but he didn’t exactly ooze confidence.

Still, impressive to see.

Dunk is another one often overlooked, he's the ability to boss games at the back like Jamaal. If England are after good defenders, they're missing out big time with Lascelles & Dunk. I mean fucking Walker plays at CB for them, albeit on the right of a 3.

Dunk is very underrated - on the ball he is canny - even takes the occasional free kick

Dunk is another one often overlooked, he's the ability to boss games at the back like Jamaal. If England are after good defenders, they're missing out big time with Lascelles & Dunk. I mean fucking Walker plays at CB for them, albeit on the right of a 3.

Dunk is very underrated - on the ball he is canny - even takes the occasional free kick

I've had Dunk on my fantasy football bench, all season. It's remarkable the number of times I've wished I used him. I remember him being touted at a young age, and while he's never hit the big time, he's more than capable. People are banging on about Ake being snapped up from Bournemouth but Dunk is a better CB, in my opinion. Whether Ake is more valuable as a ball player than Dunk is as a CB remains to be seen, obviously, but it's Bournemouth that look like going down.

I got laughed at for suggesting dunk as a target after the takeover. I think he’s quality and would certainly improve our options.

I got laughed at for suggesting dunk as a target after the takeover. I think he’s quality and would certainly improve our options.

He's mint. Fernandez is what, 31-32? With a year extension? Dunk would be a fine replacement for him.

He's mint. Fernandez is what, 31-32? With a year extension? Dunk would be a fine replacement for him.

Fernandez due to age, lejuene due to injuries and Clark due to quality. Would put pressure on our best 2. Depending on price, would be a great addition alongside a young CB such as Godfrey imo, to push out those 3 mentioned.

Called squad building, but I think that’s lost on some who just want £100m foreign signings in each position post takeover.  :lol: