The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

This is a surprisingly humble statement from Barton...

I’d have him in till the end of the season. Honestly, without a second thought as well.  :lol:

Aye same, doubt Ashley would be similarly inclined though  :D

It wouldn’t shock me too much tbh. You hate Bruce, here’s someone you like. Don’t care if he’s experienced or not, you asked for the change and I gave you it. Job done.

He’d obviously take it as well, and do a much better job than Bruce.

This is a surprisingly humble statement from Barton...

I’d have him in till the end of the season. Honestly, without a second thought as well.  :lol:

Aye same, doubt Ashley would be similarly inclined though  :D

It wouldn’t shock me too much tbh. You hate Bruce, here’s someone you like. Don’t care if he’s experienced or not, you asked for the change and I gave you it. Job done.

He’d obviously take it as well, and do a much better job than Bruce.

He's more of a 'Geordie' than Bruce, if that even means anything anyway. Always got the impression that Barton really likes Newcastle, and speaks fondly of the club and fans. Certainly more than I ever heard Bruce do in the past. Was obviously forced out of the club by Ashley/Llambias.

Wouldn't be so sure that he even would take it. I just think he wouldn't want anything to do with Ashley ever again. Unlike Bruce, he's not the character to tow a party line when he knows it's bullshit, and he obviously knows how the club runs from his time here. 

I did like what Lampard did with Mount, James & Tammy by giving them a proper chance at a big club.

He's having to learn on the job in a rebuild which is a massive challenge and his lack of experience is showing.

I sometimes think - Zidane wasn't qualified for the RM job either but in a way, I respect that there was no secret he would be given an opportunity at the job. Iirc he got to wear a suit as Carlo's #2, managed Real B. He also took over a team regularly running deep in the CL coming into their prime years when Lampard is doing a rebuild.

Also - you can tell Zidane spent a lot of his career under the tutelage of Italian managers. His instincts are boring as anything

Nearly half the season gone and we're top of the league. I didn't think the Ole caretaker appointment was a good one and didn't think he was a good manager but he has done so well and the team is performing at its highest level since 2013.

Think it's hard to argue now that he has done a good job. A right winger and a centre back in the summer would make us contenders I think. It won't happen this year but it looks like we're at least going to be a lot closer to City and Liverpool.

I'm not expecting much on Sunday, but we can go to Anfield and lose and still be level on points at the top of the table. Still reckon City > Liverpool > us mind. Just really hoping for us to be competitive and not bottle the challenge.

Do you not think yous are a bit too shaky under OGS to be competing for titles? When I look at Man Utd I don't see them guaranteed to win any away games for example as they always seem like a Villa, Southampton or even the likes of Brighton, etc could hold them to a draw or even beat them. Under Fergie the bottom half of the table barely had a chance home or away.

I think this season is a bit of a strange one, it kind of feels like the Leicester season because the top teams are dropping so many points. Maybe it was the lack of fans? If the league is going as normal next season and its more akin to last season in terms of the title race do you think Man Utd could ever keep up?

Do you not think yous are a bit too shaky under OGS to be competing for titles? When I look at Man Utd I don't see them guaranteed to win any away games for example as they always seem like a Villa, Southampton or even the likes of Brighton, etc could hold them to a draw or even beat them. Under Fergie the bottom half of the table barely had a chance home or away.

I think this season is a bit of a strange one, it kind of feels like the Leicester season because the top teams are dropping so many points. Maybe it was the lack of fans? If the league is going as normal next season and its more akin to last season in terms of the title race do you think Man Utd could ever keep up?

We've played Villa, Southampton and Brighton this season and beat them all. Strange for you to mention away form as we're the best away side in the league. We've won 10 of our last 11 league away games only drawing to Leicester.

The last two years are the anomaly. That was never going to be sustained. Liverpool are finally having a few injuries and things to contend with and it's not so easy when your best player is out injured.

We were crying out for a creative midfielder in Bruno. Since we've signed him nobody has taken more points than us. So we absolutely could keep up, but I think we need a right winger and centre back to become consistent contenders again. Liverpool and City are obviously still better sides, but the gap is close again and we'll continue to close it.

We've played Villa, Southampton and Brighton this season and beat them all. Strange for you to mention away form as we're the best away side in the league. We've won 10 of our last 11 league away games only drawing to Leicester.

The last two years are the anomaly. That was never going to be sustained. Liverpool are finally having a few injuries and things to contend with and it's not so easy when your best player is out injured.

We were crying out for a creative midfielder in Bruno. Since we've signed him nobody has taken more points than us. So we absolutely could keep up, but I think we need a right winger and centre back to become consistent contenders again. Liverpool and City are obviously still better sides, but the gap is close again and we'll continue to close it.

What's your thoughts on Pogba's current form?

Man Utd are rolling in the league right now. Sunday is going to be fascinating.

Think Eric Bailly has looked really good since coming in, and his athleticism and speed are a really good fit alongside Maguire. If he is over his injuries I could see him making that position his own.

Martial really needs to sort himself out though. Think he's been really poor this season and greater production from that Striker position (with either Greenwood or Cavani taking his place) could see Man U push on even more the rest of the way.

What's your thoughts on Pogba's current form?

I think he's been managed superbly by Ole after all the shite with Raiola. I'm not a fan of Pogba. All the talent in the world but he's an arsehole. He was a monster second half last night but I thought he was pretty poor for most of the first half.

I can still see it being a Fred, McTominay and Bruno midfield on Sunday. Fred, Pogba, Bruno is the strongest midfield but I think Pogba lacks the discipline and desire to put in the shift that will be required against Liverpool's midfield.

Rooney confirmed as permanent new Derby manager. Doubt he’d have agreed to that unless he was comfortable he’d be backed by the group who were linked with us?

Unsure, Derby look fucked. Read yesterday that they're going to have to sell their best players to balance the books. 1980s Newcastle-esque.