Oxford United 2-3 Newcastle United - FA Cup 5th round @ WBA beckons

BlueStar

@9Shearergol[/member]

not sure you saw my post yesterday but someone mentioned something about Luke Edwards telling people to calm down, so my post i deleted was me trying to mimic him but I didn't get my post out right, so deleted it, as i was re-writing, they equalized :lol:

We were on top for a spell at the start of the game, and weirdly Oxford didn't hit us straight after half time. But they were on top before they scored.

I would disagree with that, while we wernt creating chances we where cruising and in 2nd gear until they scored that free-kick. At that point that it was all them really until the end of extra time.

I think the only time we were really in control was the first 45mins. In the second half they started winning a lot more of the ball and pushing us back with high tempo passing. We responded like trigger sensitive wankers by booting the ball out of defence in a panic, rather than controlling the ball and finding a man to launch the counters. It was an embarrassment considering we were supposed to be the Premier team.

I tell myself i'm not interested and undoubtedly i'm not half as interested as i've been over the years but i couldn't help feel my heart beat once we conceded the 1st then shouting loudly when we got the winner. Before that just generally shouting at the telly in anger and frustration as we did our best to throw it away.

I ‘celebrated’ all 3 goals because I’m legitimately happy for the goalscorers, but then I see the Bruce ultras on Twitter telling people to stop moaning and support the team, then I’m filled with great regret.

I genuinely wonder what a manager like Bruce and his coaches think and feel when they see their team being played off the park by a league 1 outfit.

Oxford were so much better coached and drilled than we were and had a very attractive style of play, while we just looked disorganised and bereft of ideas. They surely can't be thick skinned enough to think that's not their fault?

Part of me hopes Bruce realises his limitations as a manager but he masks them by saying daft shit and playing to the gullible (much like Donald Trump does). I'd definitely have more respect for him if that's the case - there are plenty of people out there stealing a living in other industries and much of their survival plan relies on bullshit. I just struggle to believe that all three of the Steves can stand there watching that game and genuinely believe that our players aren't good enough to be coached into playing better football?!

I was happy we won and genuinely want us to move on in the cup.

I don't like the wasted brain power on wishing ill on people or things, esp this club.

I do NOT rate luckiest manager ever, Steve Bruce. I hate MA and his cronies Bishop, Charnely, etc.

At end of day, Bruce was fortunate a bit of magic saved him because we were going to lose that tie without ASM's moment of brilliance.

I was genuinely happy we won as well, celebrated the goal, albeit more with relief than joy. But there's no way I am going to say we were in control, when they were clearly bossing it the longer the game went.

We resorted to hoofing it clear against a third division side ffs.

I can't believe the club's stance right now on Elias Sorenson - saying he needs to be more of a team player and track back etc and that's why he is not getting a game at the minute for 1st team with the injuries. I'm sorry that is fucking idiotic stance right now when you have only 1 fit striker in the senior squad. Sorenson or Yannick Toure need to be on the bench to provide actual cover for that.At very least these kids will get game time and learn the hard way. FFS. Really annoying.

@9Shearergol[/member]

not sure you saw my post yesterday but someone mentioned something about Luke Edwards telling people to calm down, so my post i deleted was me trying to mimic him but I didn't get my post out right, so deleted it, as i was re-writing, they equalized :lol:

Ha ok, thought you’d been caught out 😉

Guest Howaythetoon

I was confused as to which team was a Premier League team or a League One team. Oxford played more football than we’ve done all season. But... but... that’s what, no defeats in how many games now and did Rafa ever get into the 5th round of the FA Cup?

Comical running a piece that says NUFC are willing to help find the fan who got his knob out, last night.

Nice!

Poor fucker will end up on the sex offenders register because of it as well