Other clubs' transfers

Greg

He's one of their best players and they might not have an adequate replacement lined up.

Think they'll get that much for him when they get relegated though?

It's all relative. It seems a mad price, but Burnley are a side dependant on their defensive strength. If they deem him vital to PL survival and are under no pressure to sell they can demand what they see fit.

Wijnaldum off then? Liverpool will need to offset the cost somehow so Klopp can still claim they're the only club not spending money in the top 6.

Apparently they'll sign Thiago regardless of whether Wijnaldum leaves.

Guest neesy111

Wijnaldum off then? Liverpool will need to offset the cost somehow so Klopp can still claim they're the only club not spending money in the top 6.

Apparently they'll sign Thiago regardless of whether Wijnaldum leaves.

No brainer that deal to sign him.

Guest neesy111

Buy back clauses are better for player development than loans imo.

It’s better in that it means players are getting game time but it doesn’t address the main issue which is big club hording player talent

Exactly this.

Difference is that for loans (generally) smaller clubs pay bigger clubs to loan players. With a buy back clause the buying club will get more back than what they initially paid. If a selling club decides to exercise a buy back clause then presumably the player has done very well for his new club so it's a win win for them that they have gotten value for what they paid and made money off of him.

As college dropout says, it's also better for player development so all in all, miles better than loans, even though it is a (way more expensive) way of hording player talent.

If Regulion is one of the best left backs in la liga, why is he leaving Real?

I've not kept up to speed with Spanish football.

Real obviously think they don't need him right now. Think they could potentially be letting their two best full backs go in him and Hakimi

If Regulion is one of the best left backs in la liga, why is he leaving Real?

I've not kept up to speed with Spanish football.

Real obviously think they don't need him right now. Think they could potentially be letting their two best full backs go in him and Hakimi

No potentially about it with Hakimi. That's an absolutely baffling decision. No buy back clause for him either.

For genuine academy products I don’t have much of a problem with it.

Carvajal, Hakimi, Morata & Reguillon all from the Madrid academy.

Hakimi just went out on loan to Dortmund. Dortmund probably spent millions in loan fees and get no fee back. Real have just sold him to Inter.

Carvajal is a first team regular.  Morata was a good backup striker upon his return and they sold him after a year.

Madrid do tend to use their academy as a cash cow.

Saying that I don’t know why they brought back that Dominican lad. He doesn’t play and they haven’t sold him. He did well at Lille.

Whole time the players have a choice to return I believe.