Other clubs' transfers

Greg

I hate the idea of buy back options, as it's another way for big clubs to control the smaller clubs. There's just loads more stockpiling of players, more loans than ever before and you can't even buy a prospect without already pencilling in his next transfer.

I hate the idea of buy back options, as it's another way for big clubs to control the smaller clubs. There's just loads more stockpiling of players, more loans than ever before and you can't even buy a prospect without already pencilling in his next transfer.

Agree tbf. Just another thing to encourage stockpiling youngsters at a younger age as you can't really lose out long term.

The buy back option is just a first option at buying the player right?

For a set price

Is that always a stipulation? That is absolutely nuts.

That's what a buy back clause is. An option to buy a player you sell back for a set price

The buy back option is just a first option at buying the player right?

For a set price

Is that always a stipulation? That is absolutely nuts.

That's what a buy back clause is. An option to buy a player you sell back for a set price

First option only clauses exist also right?

I think Man United have one for Depay for example.

Honestly, forgot there were set price buy back clauses, but I guess if the club buying the player are happy with it and agree on a price then ultimately you can't scrap them.

Guest Cheesy Beans

Presumably the player could still say no?

Unlikely I know, but if he was happy at Tottenham he could refuse to return to Real despite the clause?