Non-league football

Crumpy Gunt

And that is the type of CU Next Tuesdays South Shields are. Its just Morpeth fans, every other fan of Northern League has said the same about them. They appear to have adopted a 'nobody likes us, we don't care attitude'. That video appears to suggest they are going to Wembley. If they get knocked out next round it will be hilarious and just

Some big clubs in the National North. Could be some bumper crowds at Croft with FC United, Darlo, Halifax all likely to visit.

Last time Blyth were up there away sides would regularly bring over 100- Nuneaton used to make a weekender of it and bring 200-300. It's a tough league though and they'd need to upgrade the current squad.

Last time Blyth were in the Conference North, they were screwed by a lack of ambition in the boardroom/trying to do things on the cheap (sound familiar?). :( I still reckon Blyth could support a Conference team, with the right management and investment. :)

Last time Blyth were in the Conference North, they were screwed by a lack of ambition in the boardroom/trying to do things on the cheap (sound familiar?).

No they weren't, that was just a lot of bluster at the time from Mick Tait.

I'm not sure there's enough dependable local support to support a full-time side (as would be needed in the Conference)- plenty who come out for big cup games, but you need folk through the gate every week. That might change over time, but it will take a while.

Last time Blyth were in the Conference North, they were screwed by a lack of ambition in the boardroom/trying to do things on the cheap (sound familiar?).

I'm not sure there's enough dependable local support to support a full-time side (as would be needed in the Conference)- plenty who come out for big cup games, but you need folk through the gate every week. That might change over time, but it will take a while.

See Gateshead. They had the season after the Play-Off Final where they averaged over 1k, but seems to have dropped back to the 700-800 mark.

Harry Dunn was doing a canny job (got Spartans to 7th in the Conf North) until the board binned him. Tait came in and then Steve Cuggy, who saw Blyth relegated.

See Gateshead. They had the season after the Play-Off Final where they averaged over 1k, but seems to have dropped back to the 700-800 mark.

Yeah, I can't see Blyth or Gateshead getting regular crowds in the thousands. I still want them both to do well though. It's shame some of our other clubs don't want push on though.

I always used to play with Blyth on FM. Was always frustrating how little money they had and the small gate :lol:

Harry Dunn was rightly a club legend on their history though :snod:

I got Blyth to the PL a few times, on FM down the years. :) They are a well run club now and as I've said, with a bit more investment the potential is there.

Blyth won 7-1 away from home. 6 points clear at the top with 2 games in hand.

Although FA Cup giant killers Stourbridge are potentially just 4 points behind them if they win their game in hand and are in cracking form. Not lot in 13 league games since losing to Blyth in October, winning 9 of those. Will probably come down to those 2 like it did with Blyth and Darlo last season.

Spennymoor sat third (same league as blyth) with also 2 games in hand with the rest around them.

Would go second (by 3 points) ahead of Whitby if they won them

So hopefully a northeast double promotion out of the league

Spennymoor sat third (same league as blyth) with also 2 games in hand with the rest around them.

Would go second (by 3 points) ahead of Whitby if they won them

So hopefully a northeast double promotion out of the league

Again, Stourbridge do have a game in hand of Spenn though and have the same amount of points. Spenny seem to have picked things up again these past few games, but they had a shocking run (by their standards) just after the MK Dons game and around Xmas period.

I still consider Whitby local, especially if you look at the map on wiki and see Frickley as the nearest team after that, so it is nice to see all 3 of those sat 1,2  and 3 as it currently stands, but as I say, Stourbridge do seem a bit of a thorn in 2 local sides going up.

Another great win for Blyth today and also good news that Stourbridge were well beaten. Spenny match was postponed.

Would be great if the season ended now with Blyth promoted and Spenny, Workington and Whitby would take 3 of the 4 playoff places - all of those sides would be bold in the old Sunday Sun