Football podcasts

Gash

Guest Chubby Jason

The Guardian podcast is hideous. Arrogant, unfunny and smug would be how I'd sum up pretty much all of their panelists, especially Richardson the bloke's a fucking cunt.

• 1 year later...

Been getting into World Football Phone-In, good discussions. Their U.S.-correspondent Sean "Big Wheel" Wheelock is a bit of a douche.

Grantland's Men in Blazers is a favorite, though they cater mostly to a North American audience.

Been getting into World Football Phone-In, good discussions. Their U.S.-correspondent Sean "Big Wheel" Wheelock is a bit of a douche.

Grantland's Men in Blazers is a favorite, though they cater mostly to a North American audience.

:kasper:

I love the WFPI, like. Vickery is great and Mina Rzouki is good too. Was even better when Andy Brassell was on, I'm not keen on their African correspondents.

I've completely packed in with all of them. Will probably still listen to the Tuesday Club but don't miss the rest really. Might start again when we're not shit, though God knows when that might be.

I could barely bring myself to listen to any last season. In defense of Football Weekly: I don't mind Glendenning that much, he's just a troll and I think he sometimes has some valid stuff going against the normal opinion, but god yeah he's annoying a fair bit, albeit with him and Johnathan Wilson (who I actually like a fair bit) bit too much Sunderland talk. Rafael Honigstein, and some of the other contributors are good, I don't think it's as terrible as all that but yes it is quite meh.

I haven't found one I like that much tbh, the Ramble is too matey and 'banter'-y, full of shit injokes

Has anybody listened to the True Faith podcast? No fan of the Fanzine but I think the two that do the podcast are pretty sound. Only listened to the last couple and it's alreet.

I've just listened to my first ever, the new one and it's pretty good. They had Michael Martin on and the three of them summed up the summer fairly comprehensively, definitely worth a listen.

This is the time of year I try to get back into football podcasts, listened to Ramble and Football Weekly so far and already remember why I gave them up so quickly last season.

I love the Ramble.

There is an Irish one called secondcaptains@theirishtimes that is decent enough. They used to have a successful radio show for 3 hours each night but resigned and are now doing pods on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Its mostly about the premier league and European football

The Spanish Football Podcast is a new one by Sid Lowe and Phil Kitromilides on obviously enough La Liga, only 1 episode of it so far but could be worth keeping an eye on if your interested in Spanish football

Do you have a non Itunes link for it?

The Spanish Football Podcast is a new one by Sid Lowe and Phil Kitromilides on obviously enough La Liga, only 1 episode of it so far but could be worth keeping an eye on if your interested in Spanish football

Do you have a non Itunes link for it?

There is an Irish one called secondcaptains@theirishtimes that is decent enough. They used to have a successful radio show for 3 hours each night but resigned and are now doing pods on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Its mostly about the premier league and European football

this is a link to this podcast http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/second-captains?gclid=CKDFg4rzj7kCFc8q2wodxi8Ahg. scroll down to the bottom to get the football shows as the top one is a general sport one and focused on gaa mostly, although there is a good interview with former cyclist sean kelly on it.

This is the time of year I try to get back into football podcasts, listened to Ramble and Football Weekly so far and already remember why I gave them up so quickly last season.

I love the Ramble.

Someone in here mentioned it, but there's just too much banter/jokes amongst them that turn me off.

Haven't listened to The Ramble for a few years, got a bit tired of their 'bantz' and I don't particularly like Lukey Moore.

I quite like him but I think there's times he tries too hard. I noticed they've got rid of the profile section now, always thought that feature took up too much time of the show.

Stopped listening to the Ramble about a year ago now I think. Not that I completely dislike it, just can't be particularly arsed about it especially when we're so shite. I do think there's a pretentiousness and smugness to it that wasn't there when they first started out, particularly from Luke. It's even more apparent if you follow them on Twitter.

Still listen to WFPI mostly in the gym or on the bus, always remains interesting because of Vickery but definitely weakened by Brassell going. The African experts are rubbish, Wheelock is lost outside of MLS or US national team and you can see why Adebayo has the grave shift doing Up All Night. Not a good host IMO. The show was always at its best when it was the Vickery/Brassell combo and they talked enough to stop Dotun's interruptions.

Tuesday Club is still by far the best podcast of the lot but churns out some duff ones more frequently now with the same discussions going round it circles. Wouldn't be surprised if they fucked it off this year if Arsenal have an underwhelming window and season, with maybe the odd one off episode instead.

The Ramble makes me laugh out loud multiple times a week. That's enough for me, especially when we suck.

I find it hard to listen to any podcast that doesn't have Newcastle representation. Too many stereotypes and generic opinions otherwise.

Still listen to WFPI mostly in the gym or on the bus, always remains interesting because of Vickery but definitely weakened by Brassell going. The African experts are rubbish, Wheelock is lost outside of MLS or US national team and you can see why Adebayo has the grave shift doing Up All Night. Not a good host IMO. The show was always at its best when it was the Vickery/Brassell combo and they talked enough to stop Dotun's interruptions.

I can't listen to the ones with the African correspondents on at all like. I'd say one of the biggest problems with the show is that a lot of the callers are regulars and they seem more interested just getting on air and making a joke about Dotun eating all the biscuits rather than coming up with decent questions they want answered. There's also a lot of times where Vickery goes of on a tangent when he knows the questions are pretty generic and Dotun tries to reel him in and then proceeds to waste the next few minutes singing and making awkward jokes.