Sam Allardyce

Thespence

The whole 'England need an english manager' is shit like. Allardyce has done nothing in his career to suggest he could lead an international side. The only reason he is being considered is because of his nationality.  :idiot2:

I do think England should have an English manager like, I tend to think the rules should be the same for managers as for players. I don't think there's anything particularly wrong with a nationalist view when it comes to the national football team. The other major footballing nations in Europe (league-wise) wouldn't dream of hiring a foreigner. That said, I think we should be hiring a foreigner right now because the options available are absolutely pathetic and that reflects so so badly on football in this country.

The issue is the fact that while the other major leagues in Europe produce top managers on a very regular basis, England continues to lag embarrassingly far behind, to the point where the only 3 English managers in the entire division finished in the 3 places just above the relegation zone (Eddie Howe has an obvious reason for that). There's a major problem somewhere, though I don't profess to know what the answer is.

The whole 'England need an english manager' is s*** like. Allardyce has done nothing in his career to suggest he could lead an international side. The only reason he is being considered is because of his nationality.  :idiot2:

I do think England should have an English manager like, I tend to think the rules should be the same for managers as for players. I don't think there's anything particularly wrong with a nationalist view when it comes to the national football team. That said I think we should be hiring a foreigner right now because the options available are absolutely pathetic and that reflects so so badly on football in this country.

The issue is the fact that while the other major leagues in Europe produce top managers on a very regular basis, England continues to lag embarrassingly far behind, to the point where the only 3 English managers in the entire division finished in the 3 places just above the relegation zone (Eddie Howe has an obvious reason for that). There's a major problem somewhere, though I don't profess to know what the answer is.

Thats the point i am making. Its all well and good saying we need an English manager, but the options available are shite :lol: Allardyce is not good enough for the role, but hes English so he might get it.

The whole 'England need an english manager' is shit like. Allardyce has done nothing in his career to suggest he could lead an international side. The only reason he is being considered is because of his nationality.  :idiot2:

I do think England should have an English manager like, I tend to think the rules should be the same for managers as for players. I don't think there's anything particularly wrong with a nationalist view when it comes to the national football team. The other major footballing nations in Europe (league-wise) wouldn't dream of hiring a foreigner. That said, I think we should be hiring a foreigner right now because the options available are absolutely pathetic and that reflects so so badly on football in this country.

It's not the be all and end all but why coach and improve when you can buy and improve?

If he gets a similar deal to Hodgson he'll be the highest paid manager in international football. Give me strength.

This just goes to prove that the FA is ran by old men who are out of touch with the game and the world.

A cursory glance at the FA website would also prove that the FA is run by old men.

If the chewing gum addict does get the job then I wonder which stooge the inbreds will get next.  Whoever it is, they'll only last until January at the latest until they replace him for another boost in search of gaining that 17th place trophy target again.

This just goes to prove that the FA is ran by old men who are out of touch with the game and the world.

A cursory glance at the FA website would also prove that the FA is run by old men.

One of the three people selecting the new manager openly admits he isn't a 'football expert' ffs. :lol:

One of the three people selecting the new manager openly admits he isn't a 'football expert' ffs. :lol:

That's bad that is.

Even someone as footballingly inept as Lee Charnley fluked a decision right now and then with Rafa the proof.  Could do worse than someone like Klinsman or Eddie Howe

That's bad that is.

Even someone as footballingly inept as Lee Charnley fluked a decision right now and then with Rafa the proof.  Could do worse than someone like Klinsmann or Eddie Howe

Yes you certainly could. Definitely. You should probably opt for Jurgen.

It might not matter too much who the next boss is tbh, not now that Stoke reserves are going to be playing in the Johnstone's Paint trophy. Triumph in Russia is all but guaranteed.

If they employ this buffoon it's clear the FA have learnt absolutely fucking nothing. Although it would be funny to see the Mackems have to search around, I wonder if their lack of activity thus far in the transfer market has been down to some kind of apathy from Fat face, who is arrogant enough to think "why bother I have the England job lined up".

Guest chopey

Apparently he's had a falling out with the top brass at sunderland due to the lack of transfer activity "my patience is wearing very thin" is his latest quote