Sam Allardyce

Thespence

For all the crap he sprouts, I can't fault this one: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/9278498.stm

Blackburn Rovers may have dispensed with the services of Sam Allardyce but the 56-year-old is still highly regarded for his innovative approach to the game.

And the former Blackburn, Newcastle and Bolton boss believes one way English football can help improve grassroots football in this country is making more of Mother Nature - by switching to the summer months.

Renowned for bringing young players through Big Sam.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Well its not really about that.

A summer schedule for Grassroots would be good, I'd welcome it. Give something for the kids to do during the holidays, can arrange training times during lighter hours, and less chance of games being cancelled for 2 months a stretch.

What about holidays? Summer is fine for the occasional football camp, but you won't muster enough attendance/focus with the kids being on holidays imho.

Doing football during the school term is a great way to fit it into a routine and works as a great release from studying. At least is how it worked for me (granted, I didn't become a world class footballer).

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

What about holidays? Summer is fine for the occasional football camp, but you won't muster enough attendance/focus with the kids being on holidays imho.

So wrong, at least from the experience I have. U11 team I coach wanted to do Summer Leagues last summer, and the U8s I'm with at the moment are already asking about Summer Leagues. Parents love it too, as it keeps the kids busy. You'll lose 1-2 players at any given week when they go on their holidays, but you get that during winter season anyway through illness, holidays, etc.

Course we would have. It's hilarious that people try to weight-up losses to Derby and Liverpool against 10 years of basically doing an excellent job as PL boss. In terms of accumlating points, anyway.

What good was that to us?

I wouldn't say we were going down, but regardless of what he's done in the past and where we were in the table, we were in relegation form when he was sacked.

And you could say exactly the same about our record with Keegan. 5 wins out of 19.

The point is, there is far, far more evidence to suggest Allardyce would have kept us up than not. His record with Bolton, Blackburn and even us to some extent, points to a fairly strong conclusion.

What a f***ing daft conclusion. Bolton and Blackburn were teams built on sides with physically large players especially up front. The thick fat b****** Allardyce didn't have enough nous to adjust to the players we had and tried to implement his anti-football tactics with players who were bought for different qualities altogether. What a f***ing thick c*** he was.

A f***ing thick c*** who took a team from around 19th to finishing 10th in the space of 18 months. Not to mention the brilliant job he did at Bolton.

We have no idea who Allardyce wanted to sign for us. It's been firmly established in the past 3 years that the manager of our club has little say in such matters.

I don't like the guy, or his brand of football. But of all the managers we've had since Bobby, he's by far the one i'd have the most confidence in to keep a poor team in the PL. His record speaks for itself, as much as the biased bunch would like to deny it.

As I've said before, I think he'd have kept you up. Dogshit football but would have done so IMO. He'd also have comfortably kept Blackburn up, he's not a shite manager at all, even if he is an absolute tool.

Course we would have. It's hilarious that people try to weight-up losses to Derby and Liverpool against 10 years of basically doing an excellent job as PL boss. In terms of accumlating points, anyway.

I wouldn't say we were going down, but regardless of what he's done in the past and where we were in the table, we were in relegation form when he was sacked.

And you could say exactly the same about our record with Keegan. 5 wins out of 19.

The point is, there is far, far more evidence to suggest Allardyce would have kept us up than not. His record with Bolton, Blackburn and even us to some extent, points to a fairly strong conclusion.

What a f***ing daft conclusion. Bolton and Blackburn were teams built on sides with physically large players especially up front. The thick fat b****** Allardyce didn't have enough nous to adjust to the players we had and tried to implement his anti-football tactics with players who were bought for different qualities altogether. What a f***ing thick c*** he was.

He dumped what he thought were  the flaky characters like Dyer, Solano, Bramble & Baba later on. He brought in Beye, Faye, Smith & Barton lads who can mix it physically. I think he thought Big Mark was going to be the striker the other worked round.

As I've said before, I think he'd have kept you up. Dogshit football but would have done so IMO. He'd also have comfortably kept Blackburn up, he's not a s**** manager at all, even if he is an absolute tool.

Keeping us up wouldn't have been any kind of achievement at the time. I agree he'd be unlikely to get a club relegated.

A f***ing thick c*** who took a team from around 19th to finishing 10th in the space of 18 months. Not to mention the brilliant job he did at Bolton.

We have no idea who Allardyce wanted to sign for us. It's been firmly established in the past 3 years that the manager of our club has little say in such matters.

I don't like the guy, or his brand of football. But of all the managers we've had since Bobby, he's by far the one i'd have the most confidence in to keep a poor team in the PL. His record speaks for itself, as much as the biased bunch would like to deny it.

I remember in the January window when he got the boot we made approaches for West Brown & Lassana Diarra. The first our offer was rejected and the second he was asking for a crazy amount of wages so talks broke down.

I agree with your post, like.. but I think that based on the type of players he brought in whilst here it was clearly what kind of squad he was trying to assemble.

I remember in the January window when he got the boot we made approaches for West Brown & Lassana Diarra. The first our offer was rejected and the second he was asking for a crazy amount of wages so talks broke down.

I agree with your post, like.. but I think that based on the type of players he brought in whilst here it was clearly what kind of squad he was trying to assemble.

Arshavin as well ?

Matt Derbyshire on BSA

The installation of Sam Allardyce as manager – and the particular style of football he brings – hastened your departure from Blackburn. What did you make of his recent sacking?

Going back to the Blackburn one, I love the club. It was a fantastic club to be at. All the guys were good, all my family live in Blackburn, I’m a Blackburn-born lad – but, at the time, I knew straight away when Sam Allardyce came in [that I wouldn’t be first choice]. I’d started the last five games and scored three but, as soon as he came in, I went back to being fourth choice again. We all know what kind of striker he likes - a big target man – so I went in and said, “I know I’m not your sort of striker; can I leave?” That was it. 

Was there any kind of reaction from the squad in general to the introduction of Allardyce’s methods, especially so soon after Mark Hughes’ reign?

Obviously with Mark Hughes we played very good football, knocking it about the park. You can always see with Mark Hughes’ teams that he likes them to play good football, get it in behind. He doesn’t like to lump it as Sam Allardyce does. It’s effective but, as a player, I don’t like playing like that and a lot of fans don’t like seeing that either. But that’s his method and he can never change his spots. That’s how he wins games but I know who I’d rather be playing for, know what I mean?

Full interview @ http://www.sport.co.uk/features/Football/1442/EXCLUSIVE_INTERVIEW_Birmingham_Citys_Matt_Derbyshire.aspx

Talks about Shearer as well.

Guest Howaythetoon

Allardyce is still a top manager who will always do an above average job given the right type of environment. He would have succeeded here under FS in my opinion. Still, he seems bitter these days and needs to change some of his methods if he is to get back to being the kind of manager he was at Bolton. His football style is awful though.

In terms of formulating a gameplan to mamximize playing resources and imposing that gameplan on each visiting team, he's brilliant. But you obviously need a little bit of tactical flexiblity to win games away from home, and he doesn't have that.

It'd be quite interesting to see what he'd actually do with a shitload of money.

In terms of formulating a gameplan to mamximize playing resources and imposing that gameplan on each visiting team, he's brilliant. But you obviously need a little bit of tactical flexiblity to win games away from home, and he doesn't have that.

It'd be quite interesting to see what he'd actually do with a shitload of money.

Yup. It would be interesting but I just don't think anyone would trust him with a shitload to spend. He had a chance here to work with a squad set up to play football and it just got worse and worse (fwiw I don't think we would have been relegated under him but hey that's irrelevant tbh). His skill is survival on a low budget and in that niche he's as good as it gets. There will always be a desperate club owner who needs to stay up at all costs so there will be a job out there for Fat Sam for a few years yet.

"Why?" by Big Sam Allardyce

Also wants to know why Wallsender & former Toon spotty right back Neil McDonald was not put in charge

"I really can't get it out of my mind. I can't put my finger on it, I think that's one of the problems," he told Sky Sports News.

"Having never really met the new owners and had little dialogue, somebody somewhere has obviously said something derogatory to get me out of this job.

"That's the one thing I want to find out because I want to find out why. If I can, I will, if I can't, I'll just have to move on with my life."

Surprise

Allardyce has also expressed his surprise that assistant manager Neil McDonald was not retained by the club to oversee first-team affairs instead of Steve Kean.

Kean landed the post on a caretaker basis, but Allardyce feels that former Carlisle United manager McDonald would have made an excellent stopgap.

"That was a stranger one for me. If there was anybody capable of looking after the reins, with all due respect to Steve, it would be Neil McDonald," he continued.

"He had a close working relationship with the players as assistant manager, he's managed before, it would have been him to look after the football club until such time as maybe they appointed a new manager. But that wasn't to be either."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6606551,00.html

"Why?" by Big Sam Allardyce

Also wants to know why Wallsender & former Toon spotty right back Neil McDonald was not put in charge

"I really can't get it out of my mind. I can't put my finger on it, I think that's one of the problems," he told Sky Sports News.

"Having never really met the new owners and had little dialogue, somebody somewhere has obviously said something derogatory to get me out of this job.

"That's the one thing I want to find out because I want to find out why. If I can, I will, if I can't, I'll just have to move on with my life."

Surprise

Allardyce has also expressed his surprise that assistant manager Neil McDonald was not retained by the club to oversee first-team affairs instead of Steve Kean.

Kean landed the post on a caretaker basis, but Allardyce feels that former Carlisle United manager McDonald would have made an excellent stopgap.

"That was a stranger one for me. If there was anybody capable of looking after the reins, with all due respect to Steve, it would be Neil McDonald," he continued.

"He had a close working relationship with the players as assistant manager, he's managed before, it would have been him to look after the football club until such time as maybe they appointed a new manager. But that wasn't to be either."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6606551,00.html

FOR THE LAST TIME ALLERDYCE YOUR FOOTBALL TEAMS PLAY SHIT FOOTBALL!

ITS HORRIBLE TO WATCH.

YOU WERE SACKED BECAUSE YOU ARE A ONE TRICK PONY. JUST LIKE MEGSON.