Sam Allardyce

Thespence

He'd be class at Barca:

'Pique pumps the free kick into the opponents eighteen yard area, cleared, Puyol wins the second ball, Messi is standing on the keepers toes and Xavi scrambles it in.'

No chance

First thing he would do is sell Messi, Puyol and Xavi

Then replace them with Diouf, Samba and David Dunn

Would be revered as a god if he went to Scotland

it'd be class if rangers pumped celtic in january, lennon gets peddled. allardyce comes in, giving it the big i am. rangers win the league, allardyce is out on his ear again in may  ;D

:lol: You'd assume after that he'd be resigned to Championship gigs again. Fingers crossed lads.

Sacking Allardyce without having a replacement more-or-less ready is a mental decision. The man is a guarantee that you will not be relegated from this division, disregarding the dire football and often heavy defeats.

Sacking Allardyce without having a replacement more-or-less ready is a mental decision. The man is a guarantee that you will not be relegated from this division, disregarding the dire football and often heavy defeats.

I don't recall that being the widely-held opinion back in 2008 :lol:

Wouldn't go that far. I still believe we would have been relegated under him... at the time I was terrified of it.

Wouldn't go that far. I still believe we would have been relegated under him... at the time I was terrified of it.

:sadnod:

I completely disagree with that viewpoint. We'd have stayed up imo, although I still agree with his sacking at the time - before he spent any more mega-money on dross clogger players.

He wouldn't have took the club anywhere, other than scratching around the lower reaches of the table. Relegation would not have happened, though.

Guest neesy111

I completely disagree with that viewpoint. We'd have stayed up imo, although I still agree with his sacking at the time - before he spent any more mega-money on dross clogger players.

He wouldn't have took the club anywhere, other than scratching around the lower reaches of the table. Relegation would not have happened, though.

Very debateable that, we had just won twice in 12 games and the run of games after he was sacked would of made it even harder.

Very debateable that, we had just won twice in 12 games and the run of games after he was sacked would of made it even harder.

And we had the easiest start to a season in however long. The football was terrible and the players were slowly losing morale. Look at clueless tactics against Liverpool in the 3-0 defeat to see where we were heading under Allardyce.

There's no way we'd have been relegated under Allardyce, no way. He's too good a manager to have let that happened, as much as he's dislikeable as a chap.

That's what I'm trying to say. We'd have ground out enough points from his negative tactics to stay up relatively comfortably.

Course we would have. It's hilarious that people try to weight-up losses to Derby and Liverpool against 10 years of basically doing an excellent job as PL boss. In terms of accumlating points, anyway.

What good was that to us?

I wouldn't say we were going down, but regardless of what he's done in the past and where we were in the table, we were in relegation form when he was sacked.

Course we would have. It's hilarious that people try to weight-up losses to Derby and Liverpool against 10 years of basically doing an excellent job as PL boss. In terms of accumlating points, anyway.

I wouldn't say we were going down, but regardless of what he's done in the past and where we were in the table, we were in relegation form when he was sacked.

And you could say exactly the same about our record with Keegan. 5 wins out of 19.

The point is, there is far, far more evidence to suggest Allardyce would have kept us up than not. His record with Bolton, Blackburn and even us to some extent, points to a fairly strong conclusion.

There's no way we'd have been relegated under Allardyce, no way. He's too good a manager to have let that happened, as much as he's dislikeable as a chap.

Spot on. If I were West Ham I'd be straight on the blower to him. He'd give them a fighting chance of staying up.

And you could say exactly the same about our record with Keegan. 5 wins out of 19.

The point is, there is far, far more evidence to suggest Allardyce would have kept us up than not. His record with Bolton, Blackburn and even us to some extent, points to a fairly strong conclusion.

9 points from his last 12 games (6 of those points coming from a lucky penalty and a last minute winner) is all the evidence that I need  :dontknow: That's relegation form to me.