Sam Allardyce

Thespence

Just been emailed by a Rovers fan mate of mine that incredibly it could even be David Beckham in as player-manager, apparently he's been in a hotel in Manchester having talks with the owners. Wind-up, surely?  :lol:

Beckham was in Manchester to steal the limelight from those Chilean miners, could you imagine that wife of his in a shithole like Blackburn...

Although they could still live in Cheshire.  Blackburn is only about an hour away.  It's possible!

The sports bulletin on the way to work this morning claimed that there had been a disagreement over transfer targets for Jan.

Apparently Sam wanted Santa Cruz, Robbie Keane and David Bentley and the board wanted Giovanni and Kris Boyd.

Obviously a story that has been put out by his pals in the media

Going for a British manager.

TBH if i were them i'd go for Jol, not British of course but played and managed in England for some time plus no language barrier, I can't see what any current British manager would bring to the table that he can't ???

Could be a couple of months before they appoint a new manager?! :lol: :lol:

It'll take a while to make back all of the £43m playing the Next Blackburn Manager betting markets you know.

I wonder if they took into account the 15 mil or so that sams backrrom staff will probably want to leave

At 33/1 - no problem

‘At Blackburn, the fans are entertained by putting the ball in the opponent’s box and creating chances to score goals, not by making 35 passes in your own half.

It is the same all around the country. That is what we deliver and why we are a worldwide brand and everybody wants to buy it. So don’t knock it.’

That is quite mind-blowingly stupid, even for that twat.

"a worldwide brand"

at first i thought he meant blackburn, but of course he means the premier league, but the inference of course is he's trying to say that every team in the league plays the way his team do. basically his 'winning' football bollocks has started to sound more and more desperate since he left bolton so now he's resorting to 'well everyone else does it'. which is obviously bollocks, the three teams that got promoted don't have to resort to it sam,neither should you.

If it really is true that it might take 2 months to find a replacement then it clearly shows that the new owners are laughably naive. Getting rid of Allardyce may well be a great idea but 2 months is a very long time in the Premiership and a lot of damage can be done.

It sounds as though the Rao family are taking all their advice from Kentaro and that includes what players to buy. Yet another example of clueless owners not grasping what the football business is all about. In the mean time Fat Sam has got a cracking result imo, walking away from a s*** situation having trousered another £2.5 million payoff. And he will be back.

"We want good football and Blackburn to be fourth or fifth in the league or even better," read the statement.

I wonder what their timeframe is to achieve this.. How rich are these new owners?

fucking brilliant - another excuse for the media to back 'hard done by' Big Sam  :facepalm:

Guest Stephen927

Running out of clubs to manage. Never going to get a top job, and not going to get a job like he got here either. Struggling recently promoted teams or relegation candidates are the best he can hope for for the foreseeable future.

The sports bulletin on the way to work this morning claimed that there had been a disagreement over transfer targets for Jan.

Apparently Sam wanted Santa Cruz, Robbie Keane and David Bentley and the board wanted Giovanni and Kris Boyd.

Obviously a story that has been put out by his pals in the media

More like the board wanted Santa Cruz, Robbie Keane, and David Bentley, and Sam wanted Giovanni and Kris Boyd.