Sam Allardyce

Thespence

Id say you was the idiot mate, because Id rather have those 5 years under Keegan be entertained and win fuck all than a year under Allardyce/Souness etc and win a cup.

people like you piss me off with those sort of statements.  " Anyone who says any different is an idiot!" who the fuck do you think you are? twat

For me, trophies first, entertainment second. Anyone who says any different is an idiot! However we were getting neither under 'Big Sam'! And it was 1969, not 68. Getting that wrong and claiming to be a fan is fuckin ridiculous.

I'd rather see us win games by playing great football, if that's not possible I want to see us win, if that's not possible I want to see us try.

That's why I detest Allardyce.  Playing bad football, losing and not even trying to win games.

For me, trophies first, entertainment second. Anyone who says any different is an idiot! However we were getting neither under 'Big Sam'! And it was 1969, not 68. Getting that wrong and claiming to be a fan is fuckin ridiculous.

I'd rather see us win games by playing great football, if that's not possible I want to see us win, if that's not possible I want to see us try.

That's why I detest Allardyce.  Playing bad football, losing and not even trying to win games.

:thup:

Not to mention that he's also a delusional, arrogant, hypocritical twat to boot.

Has he been smoking a bit too much crack?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/b/blackburn_rovers/9009565.stm

Blackburn boss Sam Allardyce believes he is good enough to manage any of Europe's top clubs.

Allardyce, once a candidate for the England manager's job, arrived at Ewood Park in 2008 having survived at Newcastle for less than half a season.

Ahead of his team's clash with Fulham, the 55-year-old said: "I would be more suited to Inter Milan or Real Madrid.

"It wouldn't be a problem for me to manage those clubs because I would win the double or the league every time."

Although happy in his current role, Allardyce added: "Give me Manchester United or Chelsea and I would do the same, it wouldn't be a problem.

"It's not a problem to take me into the higher reaches of the Champions League or Premier League and would make my job a lot easier in winning it."

Allardyce has enjoyed a colourful managerial career, starting at West Bromwich as an assistant coach in 1989, before moving on to Limerick, Blackpool and Notts County.

He spent eight years at the helm of Bolton Wanderers before resigning surprisingly in April 2007 after guiding the Trotters to fifth spot in the Premiership and the brink of Uefa Cup qualification.

Blackburn boss Sam Allardyce believes he is good enough to manage any of Europe's top clubs.

Allardyce, once a candidate for the England manager's job, arrived at Ewood Park in 2008 having survived at Newcastle for less than half a season.

Ahead of his team's clash with Fulham, the 55-year-old said: "I would be more suited to Inter Milan or Real Madrid.

"It wouldn't be a problem for me to manage those clubs because I would win the double or the league every time."

Although happy in his current role, Allardyce added: "Give me Manchester United or Chelsea and I would do the same, it wouldn't be a problem.

"It's not a problem to take me into the higher reaches of the Champions League or Premier League and would make my job a lot easier in winning it."

Allardyce has enjoyed a colourful managerial career, starting at West Bromwich as an assistant coach in 1989, before moving on to Limerick, Blackpool and Notts County.

He spent eight years at the helm of Bolton Wanderers before resigning surprisingly in April 2007 after guiding the Trotters to fifth spot in the Premiership and the brink of Uefa Cup qualification.

Sam Allardyce and Mark Hughes

Allardyce (left) and Hughes set to go head-to-head again

Allardyce took over at Newcastle a month later on a three-year contract but was in charge for only 24 matches before leaving the club "by mutual agreement".

He had to wait 11 months before resuming his career with Blackburn, who face Mark Hughes's Fulham this weekend with the London club just one one of five teams still unbeaten in the Premier League.

And with Hughes arriving at Craven Cottage for the start of the season having been sacked by Manchester City after an 18-month stint, Allardyce feels the former Welsh manager, as well as himself, has not been given time to perform with certain clubs.

"His Manchester City reign obviously was not long enough. A little bit like me at Newcastle, but I didn't last quite as long as Sparky though," Allardyce added.

"He was given the chance and unfortunately at that stage of his career they decided to have a change. You look back on it and he'll be very disappointed because they only lost two games.

"There's a perception that other people can do better than you, but often the reality is not the case. He decided that Fulham was the place for him, he's taken over what he's described in his own words as a very good team and he's started where they left off last season."

Sam has made his mark in the Premier League, which is the strongest league in world football

Mark Hughes

Hughes, meanwhile, believes Allardyce would be a strong candidate to be the next England boss, with Fabio Capello set to step down in two years.

Allardyce was pipped to the England post after the 2006 World Cup by Steve McLaren but Hughes said: "Sam's record in the Premier League stands comparison with any British, English or foreign manager at the level of the clubs he's been at.

"He's a successful Premier League manager and the view at this time is that England need an English manager. I also hold that view because it's important that a country is led by someone of the same nationality.

"Sam has made his mark in the Premier League, which is the strongest league in world football. If you can get positive results in this league you're a good manager.

"Whether the way Sam sets up his team lends itself to international management is a debate for another day. But certainly his record in terms of games won makes him a strong candidate."

Fulham's visit to Ewood Park on Saturday sees Hughes returning to the club where he spent three seasons as a player and four years as manager.

More from Sammy

I FIRST met Arsene Wenger in 1999 when I was manager of Notts County and we sold Jermaine Pennant to Arsenal for a record £2million.

We did pretty well out of the transfer and his team came up to Meadow Lane for a pre-season friendly that year as part of the deal.

I was really looking forward to meeting him but all I got was a handshake. No more.

We have crossed swords many more times in the years since but I gave up inviting him for a glass of wine after games long ago because I know he won't come.

The truth is that nobody really knows Arsene Wenger. There certainly aren't too many people who actually get close to him.

Sir Alex Ferguson and some of the foreign coaches like Avram Grant always pop in for a drink so I don't think it's a problem with my wine!

If that's Arsene's way, though, then I respect that. Maybe he doesn't like me. Maybe he is keen to get on the coach or the plane after fulfilling 45 minutes of post-match media duties.

He loves the psychological warfare of the Premier League, the world's most watched and talked about sporting competition. It goes with the theatre of the game and without it football would be less interesting.

I am gutted that Rafa Benitez has gone. He hated me and I used to love winding him up. For years he came to Bolton and never got a result and used to accuse us of cheating.

Arsene is a very clever guy. He uses his profile in London to get messages out which are aimed at putting pressure on referees.

Look at the criticism he made of Stoke's so-called "rugby tactics" when they played Spurs earlier in the season.

He accused Robert Huth of pushing Heurelho Gomes into the goal. The referee that day was Chris Foy. And who took charge of Arsenal's game at Blackburn the following week? That's right, Chris Foy.

Arsene put pressure on the officials and I don't have a major problem with that.

We can get fined by the FA for directing remarks at referees before games - but he did it in a very clever and subtle way.

However, if Arsene is allowed his opinion, then I am entitled to mine. I speak to about six press people on a Friday afternoon and he probably speaks to about 60.

I hear he loves talking about any subject - well so do I. When I say what I think there are people who say "Oh, it's only antiquated Sam Allardyce", and all kinds of b******* like that.

There is a problem with perception. Arsene is seen as a sophisticated Frenchman while I'm just a rugged English centre-half from the Midlands with an accent to match.

But is Arsene more advanced than me in terms of coaching? Not a chance.

Does he use live fitness data on his players during games? Does he study sports psychology every day? Does he use sports science to the extent that I do? I doubt it.

Everyone talks about how Fergie psyched out Gerard Houllier, or how Wenger psyches out Jose Mourinho or how Mourinho psyches out Fergie.

When I psyche an opposition manager out, the reaction is just that Big Sam's moaning again! It's too readily forgotten that I've used sports psychology day in, day out for 12 years.

I remember when my Bolton side played Mourinho's Chelsea at Stamford Bridge in 2004 and got a 2-2 draw from two goals down.

He moaned afterwards that all we did was send high balls into his penalty area, yet when he came to the Reebok later in the season his side defended deep and then slung the ball up to Didier Drogba - they won 2-0 and clinched the League title that day. I psyched him out to the point where he had to copy our style to get a result against us.

None of all this affects my view of Wenger. I have total respect for the way he changed his philosophy in recent years when the £400million move to the Emirates Stadium reduced his spending power in the transfer market.

I remember my first trip to Highbury with Bolton and seeing really big powerful guys like Patrick Vieira, Martin Keown, Sol Campbell and Sylvain Wiltord. Even Thierry Henry and Dennis Bergkamp were six-footers and I wasn't the only manager who thought: "Oh my God, we're going to be blown away by their sheer size, not to mention their quality."

He hasn't won trophies yet with his current crop but he has stuck to his guns by insisting that nothing will prevent the development of his young players. Arsenal play some wonderful football but what makes the Premier League interesting is the difference in styles between teams.

What goes on between managers doesn't bother me, in fact, I find it very entertaining.

But if I have an opinion nobody will stop me expressing it.

How we go about our business as bosses is different from each other.

Carlo Ancelotti didn't come in for a drink last season - probably because a draw meant that his side were going to find it difficult to win the Premier League.

Some managers wear suits and ties, others were open-neck shirts and others wear tracksuits on the touchline. At one time it seemed like Paul Jewell was promoting Lyle & Scott sweaters and they didn't look very good. I just hope he was paid well!

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/sport/football/977765/THE-TRUTH-IS-NOBODY-KNOWS-WENGER.html

Heard Merson today saying this fukwit didn't get enough time with us and we wouldn't have been relegated if he'd had stayed on. It makes you wonder what some of these pundits base their opinions on. Did Merson ever jack up? I'm sure I once heard he was a crack addict...it fuking figures.