Sam Allardyce

Thespence

I'm not sure what you're getting at. But beating Everton at home was a good result, as was doing Fulham away.

By December we'd accumulated 26 points, that's hardly a blueprint for relegation.

Fucking hell - I hadn't realised we managed to beat Everton at home for the first time in two years.  I was honoured to watch the match that I was hoping to see when I'd payed my six hundred fucking pound out in June.  I was delighted to watch that ground-breaking performance getting butt-fucked by Portsmouth at home for the first time in my lifetime.  The Portsmouth fans must have really enjoyed that one.

Oh, and by the way, I'm glad you brought relegation into the frame, as I'm sure I mentioned that in my original post.

I'm sure you also enjoyed getting beat by Blackburn at home? Drawing with Bolton and Boro? 5-1 against Man U?

As much as most of you would like to spin it. You cannot conclusively point to Keegan's results and say he did a better job that season. Asthetically he did, certainly. But that isn't a factor in the question of relegation.

Allardyce was purely lucky with us.

The number of last minute goals we got was ridiculous.

Three? One at which point were already leading.

Closer to 7/8 probably.

I remember being aware at the time that without them we'd have been in the bottom 3 for a while.

Everton, wigan, derb, fulham, birmingham are 6 for you. Thought there were a few more.

You're an absolute joker man, Allardyce won more points. I can understand that bothering you but there it is.

Allardyce had by far the easiest games and managed less than 1.25 points per game and he didn't take over a squad who were seriously lacking any confidence.  Keegan managed 1 point per game with a much tougher run of games.

No, it was 3. :lol:

And guess what? You're on average four times more likely to score in the 90th than you are in any other minute of the game. See if you and that incredible intellect can figure out why.

Ive given you 6 if you keep up.

Our only wins in 14 were due to a penalty & a corner. I dont think its likely we'd have continued to get those in the last mins of games, whilst avoiding conceding while we were outplayed for the rest of it. Our other results pretty much back that up.

The Blackburn match was a complete shit-kicker and fucked me off after totally dominating a match, the Boro match we would have won if the ref had done his job and the Manure game had one one of the best atmospheres we'd had in years.  And shit, we scored two goals against far superior opposition.  We'd have been at the edge of our own penalty area under the last manager at that point.

The Derby match at home though - one of thier fourteen points in the league that year.  Inept management.  But that had fuck all compared to the stupid fucking line-up he played against Liverpool.  N'Zogbia on the right.  Milner on the left.  Geremi as right full back.  It was almost as if he was trying to get sacked.

And then we had the once in three lifetimes Portsmouth debacle, that you haven't taken on board but try to use a bi-annually win against Everton as a plus. Fuck off.  You're talking shite.

No, it was 3. :lol:

And guess what? You're on average four times more likely to score in the 90th than you are in any other minute of the game. See if you and that incredible intellect can figure out why.

Ive given you 6 if you keep up.

Everton, wigan, derb, fulham, birmingham are 6 for you. Thought there were a few more.

Nearly, keep trying.

Only 3 of those came in the last minute though, so all of that research appears to be a waste of your precious time.

Guest neesy111

if someone thinks 2 wins in 12 games is not relegation form, they need shooting, as that was the form we were in, and somehow didn't get beat v stoke in the cup despite fat bastard jon parkin controlling the game when he came on

Guest neesy111

How about 0 wins in 8?

Both went through bad runs, neither would have got us relegated.

face the facts

we couldn't beat derby twice, has 1 shot on goal away at wigan, comprehensively outplayed at home to city and away to stoke!

if you think things we're getting better with allardyce, then you need to seriously consider how you watch football!

Guest toonlass

I'm not sure what you're getting at. But beating Everton at home was a good result, as was doing Fulham away.

By December we'd accumulated 26 points, that's hardly a blueprint for relegation.

We had 22 points by the time we were arse raped by Liverpool last season. 4 points less, are you going to argue that wasn't a blueprint for relegation either?

We had 22 points by the time we were arse raped by Liverpool last season. 4 points less, are you going to argue that wasn't a blueprint for relegation either?

As it happens, it wouldn't have been.

Then again, who was saying we were genuine candidates for relegation at that point last December. As I said, it took a very special effort from Shearer and the two good old London-Irish lads.

Guest toonlass

As it happens, it wouldn't have been.

Then again, who was saying we were genuine candidates for relegation at that point last December. As I said, it took a very special effort from Shearer and the two good old London-Irish lads.

So how can you say with any certainty that we wouldn't have been relegated if Allardyce had stayed? Or are you now going to contradict your whole argument in this thread by saying "I can't say with any certainty....."  ?  :lol:

Absolutely nowt in the first part of that season leads me to believe we would have been relegated.

As for the part in bold, you've missed my point love.

Christ almighty!

2 wins in 14 IS relegation form and can you explain how a last minute winner at Fulham was a good result when they managed to stop up that season only on the last day of the season?

You're as deluded as Allardyce!