MLS

Kaizero

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Seattle vs Toronto FC in the MLS play off final.

This will be the 3rd time in 4 years they have met in the final, the first time they have met in Seattle.

Seattle won the first encounter on penalties, despite Toronto being the better team. A year later Toronto beat them.

Toronto beat Atlanta last night, they could have been 2-0 in the first 10 minutes, but their keeper saved a Josef Martinez penalty.

What a strange game. Atlanta dominated the match and were by far the better team. Martinez had an early penalty save that would have made it 2-0. Bradley should have been sent off (arguably twice!). Toroto's two goals were both superb strikes from outside the box, but low-percentage opportunities and basically the only efforts on goal they had the entire game. That was a game that Atlanta could have won by several goals on a different night.

It will be interesting to see how the Atlanta fan base reacts if the team is ever mediocre. Over the past couple years they have developed very high expectations.

• 8 months later...

Mueller should be so much better for Orlando, he looks and carries himself like a proper footballer but his end product is so lacking.

I like our fullbacks and our #10 and #11

Yeah I totally agree about Mueller. You just look at him and go, yeah, that dude's a footballer. And he kind of burst into the team and was crushing it but if I remember correctly got injured? Then I feel like he came back and wasn't as good. Hard to become a great player in MLS though.

Yeah I totally agree about Mueller. You just look at him and go, yeah, that dude's a footballer. And he kind of burst into the team and was crushing it but if I remember correctly got injured? Then I feel like he came back and wasn't as good. Hard to become a great player in MLS though.

Was too tired to post, but of course Nani sets up Mueller for the equalizer and then we snatch the victory late :lol:

This whole “MLS bubble” thing just seems like a disaster.

It is. 2 teams have already pulled out, and ensured that they miss out on an possible 9 points.

Hosting it in Florida considering the situation there was a disaster, even if the bubble could have been implemented, it would still be a PR disaster.

Toronto only flew out the other day as well, so they never even had 14 days in the controlled environment.

Hilarity from Greg Vanney. Up 2-0 and a man up after DC have a player sent off at the end of the first half.

Uses up his subs changing almost his entire back line, including two CB's and central midfield, surrenders lead and can't use any attacking subs to help.