Newcastle United - Game of the Decade 2010-19

joeyt

The one that comes to mind is the 4-4 but it loses points because it was just a random league game in February.

5-1 v Spurs meant nothing to me because we'd just been relegated but the 3-0 and 1-0 (Ritchie) wins over Man Utd felt great. So did this year's 2-1 over Man City.

A lot of the decade was just a blur of Pardew, Carver, protests and Championship nonsense, so I guess my #1 was the 5-1 against the mackems.

Guest Howaythetoon

5-1 vs Spurs is one of the most embarrassing wins in our history, relegated and fans go into a carnival mood, embarrassing themselves, the history of the club, the city and the entire stature of the club by begging a manager to stay while the owner gets away Scott free for crimes committed. The players, the owner, those responsible for the disaster that a relegation should always be deemed, should have suffered nothing but 90 minutes of abuse, fans directing their full on anger, disappointment, hate and finger of blame. That’s actually the only reason why anyone should have went, otherwise it should have been a record lowest ever crowd.

To be fair to those in attendance that day, it could have turned out worse, Rafa might have left and we’d be managed by Bruce instead...

No-one can ever level cowardice at a player in black and white ever again for their efforts or lack of given the cowardice on the stands that day, equalled of course at home to Hull under Pardew and with every subsequent big attendances post Rafa. In comparison, they make Marcelino look like the bravest person to have ever lived.

Wretched traitors that they are!

They don’t even deserve the club they’ve got, even Mike Ashley’s Newcastle Sports Direct FC is too good for that shower of absolute shit bag cowardly sell out deserters.  Of your club, of its history, of the city, of its honour, pride, stature, standing, its past, of fellow fans, of its legends and most of all, it’s future. Or a hope of one representative of all that’s good about NUFC as a football club.

Cheers you selfish cunts, for what you’re robbing future generations of, I hope Ashley robs as much money from you all as possible, at least someone wins...

The one that comes to mind is the 4-4 but it loses points because it was just a random league game in February.

Eh ? A random Premier League game in which we were 0-4 down against one of the most successful clubs in English football history ?

And it had Steve Harper's elbow drop thing :lol:

Eh ? A random Premier League game in which we were 0-4 down against one of the most successful clubs in English football history ?

Yeah it was a great comeback, I just mean it didn't have much impact beyond those incredible 90 minutes.

Yeah it was a great comeback, I just mean it didn't have much impact beyond those incredible 90 minutes.

Half time there's a worrying feeling we could be pulled into a relegation fight despite being alright to that point.

Full time we felt pretty safe.

All small as we did eventually go down, but It could be argued it steadied the ship in a tough time post Carroll sale.

Guest Howaythetoon

Just going to go with Fulham 0-4 NUFC because it was the perfect bookend to the Rafa era. Farewell goals from Ayoze and Rondon too...

I was there, my last time watching and until Ashley goes my final ever attendance at a match of ours. The atmosphere was weird that day, almost a half hearted one last please stay Rafa, most seemingly accepting this was a goodbye. Glad I got to say my own thanks and farewell, the scoreline, result, the players, the club even, didn’t mean anything at the final whistle. I’ve never felt so resigned as a fan, so ah well, that’s it, that’s the end of the road, that’s me done, it’s been a good run and all good things come to an end. To let such a man leave is criminal, Ashley ought to be in jail for that act alone. And to replace him with Bruce man :lol:

Thought of some more I really enjoyed.

Beating Man City in the League Cup 2-0. Remember looking at the team sheet before the match and thinking "we're gonna get hammered" and then Aarons comes out of nowhere and scores. Elliot made some great saves that day. Sissoko came on and sealed it.

Beating Spurs 5-1. Was like a big sigh of relief like the club said "it's alright, we're gonna be okay."

Come back against Everton last season. Just nice to beat Everton. We've been so poor against them in recent times. Even the draw at their place was a pleasant surprise.

Beating Spurs 2-1 at their place when Ayoze got that late winner. We were a goal down first half and then second Colback pings a diagonal to Sammy who lashes it in.

Beating Chelsea 3-2 in 2013 after we made all those signings. Santon to Sissoko for the winner was just incredible. Honestly one of my favorite ever games because we were down 2-1 and still won it.

Norwich was class, the comeback and the end and we were the better team and somehow managed to go 3-1 down. It ruined Norwich for 2 seasons and was probably the moment where we clicked that season.

The a Arsenal 4-4 was great.

Last season the 2-1 win over Man City because out of nowhere there was a good feeling about the place with Almirón coming in.

The Everton comeback, mostly because of Pickford and because again, the comeback came out of nowhere.

Those 4 make it for how I felt then and how I still feel about them.