Newcastle United 2-3 Liverpool - 04/05/19 - Post match reaction from p 27

Greg

What I find so sad is I’ve witnessed NUFC fans more offended by rival fans in the home end celebrating or cheering their own team on or more offended when a fellow Toon fan doesn’t sing along, take his shoes off or stays behind after the 90 minutes is up more than being offended when someone is using racist language or displaying racist behaviour. One act seemingly too offensive to resit kicking of over than the other. I’ve seen fans complain to stewards about swearing or people smoking and doing f*** all about any racist s***.

Anyone who took offence against a Liverpool fan whether they were celebrating, provoking someone or abusive and threatening themselves, by assaulting them are scum and deserve banned for life and prosecuted.

And anyone who thinks it’s fair game to dish out violence or abuse to a rival fan celebrating and cheering on their team as deserving such treatment or have only themselves to blame, you are scum too.

Football doesn’t give anyone the right to behave like dickheads or consider that the law and common decency doesn’t apply to those attending a football match.

Honestly, what a an absolute load of Daily Mail sanctimonious s****.  Is it right? No of course not. Should we have all evolved where we can sit back like good citizens and 'let the authorities deal with in the appropriate way?' Probably. But that's not the way it is and those Liverpool fans who took their chances in the home end, they f***ing knew it's the way it is as well. if I sat in the Kop or in the Stretford End or with mackems in their own end, then I know how this works and would behave appropriately. Gan on like arseholes? Sorry but I hope every one of them got a clip.

I'm not one bit pro violence in any shape or form. Having said that, if I'm sat in my club's home stadium with my bairns and a jumped up away fan who thinks he's clever getting into our home end starts trouble or unnecessary bollocks, you better bet I'm standing my ground and defending my own. I wouldn't wait for a f***ing steward.

This. Was there with my 11 year old son in the East Stand and he'd never seen anything like that at a match before, felt a bit uncomfortable with him there to be quite honest......luckily we weren't right next to it.

My Grandad who spent 30 years in the Army including WW2 always taught me 'to respect your hosts, wherever you are in the World' and it's something I've always lived by. Behave like that, and accept the consequences in my opinion, it hasn't even got anything to do with football. More pompous twaddle from HTT, I can only assume he wasn't actually there.

So you would be happy to fill someone in at the match, even with your 11 year old next to you? Even though you said watching others do it was uncomfortable? Or are only accepting it when other people do it?

I just don't get this giving people a kicking thing, no matter what. They should be hoyed out if they play up but people don't deserves having their head kicked in for being a bit of an idiot and celebrating in the home end.

And people wonder why football fans are treated like s*** by the police.

What are you talking about, I haven't mentioned 'filling anyone in' at all? 

All I said was, that if you behave like that, it's inevitable that somebody will take offence and things like that will happen.

What I find so sad is I’ve witnessed NUFC fans more offended by rival fans in the home end celebrating or cheering their own team on or more offended when a fellow Toon fan doesn’t sing along, take his shoes off or stays behind after the 90 minutes is up more than being offended when someone is using racist language or displaying racist behaviour. One act seemingly too offensive to resit kicking of over than the other. I’ve seen fans complain to stewards about swearing or people smoking and doing f*** all about any racist s***.

Anyone who took offence against a Liverpool fan whether they were celebrating, provoking someone or abusive and threatening themselves, by assaulting them are scum and deserve banned for life and prosecuted.

And anyone who thinks it’s fair game to dish out violence or abuse to a rival fan celebrating and cheering on their team as deserving such treatment or have only themselves to blame, you are scum too.

Football doesn’t give anyone the right to behave like dickheads or consider that the law and common decency doesn’t apply to those attending a football match.

Honestly, what a an absolute load of Daily Mail sanctimonious s****.  Is it right? No of course not. Should we have all evolved where we can sit back like good citizens and 'let the authorities deal with in the appropriate way?' Probably. But that's not the way it is and those Liverpool fans who took their chances in the home end, they f***ing knew it's the way it is as well. if I sat in the Kop or in the Stretford End or with mackems in their own end, then I know how this works and would behave appropriately. Gan on like arseholes? Sorry but I hope every one of them got a clip.

I'm not one bit pro violence in any shape or form. Having said that, if I'm sat in my club's home stadium with my bairns and a jumped up away fan who thinks he's clever getting into our home end starts trouble or unnecessary bollocks, you better bet I'm standing my ground and defending my own. I wouldn't wait for a f***ing steward.

This. Was there with my 11 year old son in the East Stand and he'd never seen anything like that at a match before, felt a bit uncomfortable with him there to be quite honest......luckily we weren't right next to it.

My Grandad who spent 30 years in the Army including WW2 always taught me 'to respect your hosts, wherever you are in the World' and it's something I've always lived by. Behave like that, and accept the consequences in my opinion, it hasn't even got anything to do with football. More pompous twaddle from HTT, I can only assume he wasn't actually there.

So you would be happy to fill someone in at the match, even with your 11 year old next to you? Even though you said watching others do it was uncomfortable? Or are only accepting it when other people do it?

I just don't get this giving people a kicking thing, no matter what. They should be hoyed out if they play up but people don't deserves having their head kicked in for being a bit of an idiot and celebrating in the home end.

It was a question because you said it was uncomfortable at first but then went on to condone the Liverpool fans getting filled in when you said they should accept the consequences.

So I was a bit confused, and wondering if you meant you were happy to condone it when other people were giving it out or if you would do the same.

It was a question because you said it was uncomfortable at first but then went on to condone the Liverpool fans getting filled in when you said they should accept the consequences.

So I was a bit confused, and wondering if you meant you were happy to condone it when other people were giving it out or if you would do the same.

Where did I 'condone them getting filled in' exactly?

"Behave like that, and accept the consequences in my opinion"

Where did I mention anyone getting 'filled in'?

You were responding to, and agreeing with, a post about not waiting for stewards / officials / police etc. and dealing with it yourself in the context of a load of Liverpool fans getting a smack.

Geezer doesn't seem to know whether it was the club that sold the tickets, or fans just being a bit scouse. Still happy to blame anybody but those responsible. Poor buggers, couldn't sit on a bus for 4 hours without the need to unleash their aggression at the end. It's no way to expect a human to behave.

Not like these lot to force their way in to an area they shouldn't be in then blame everyone else when it all goes tits up.

Indeed.

Not nice at all lads.

I don't even mean the obvious, exclude that, they've got history pulling stunts like this. Rules don't apply to them.

You were responding to, and agreeing with, a post about not waiting for stewards / officials / police etc. and dealing with it yourself in the context of a load of Liverpool fans getting a smack.

He mentioned standing his ground, but that was it, you've filled in the blanks yourself.

I'll say it again, act like that in a provocative manner and you should accept the consequences......whether that is you getting chucked out of the ground, arrested, or in verbal/physical confrontations with other fans.

He mentioned standing his ground, but that was it, you've filled in the blanks yourself.

I'll say it again, act like that in a provocative manner and you should accept the consequences......whether that is you getting chucked out of the ground, arrested, or in verbal/physical confrontations with other fans.

Fair enough until the last point, I just don't see how that fits with you being uncomfortable with it in front of your kids but then it also being totally acceptable to you.

Fair enough until the last point, I just don't see how that fits with you being uncomfortable with it in front of your kids but then it also being totally acceptable to you.

I found it acceptable when they were chucked out of the ground, which is one of the consequences I was talking about. Did you not feel the same?

I found it acceptable when they were chucked out of the ground, which is one of the consequences I was talking about. Did you not feel the same?

That's fine. You may not have intended to insinuate what you have. The only bit I can't get my head around is this view (not necessarily from you) from many that it is acceptable for people to get their heads kicked in if they have acted like a bit of dick. Obviously if a Liverpool fan starts a fight and someone is defending themselves that is slightly different but there seems to be a relatively widespread view that any Liverpool fans that celebrated a goal in the home end were fair game for a good kicking. They should be removed etc. but doesn't make violence acceptable.

That's fine. You may not have intended to insinuate what you have. The only bit I can't get my head around is this view (not necessarily from you) from many that it is acceptable for people to get their heads kicked in if they have acted like a bit of dick. Obviously if a Liverpool fan starts a fight and someone is defending themselves that is slightly different but there seems to be a relatively widespread view that any Liverpool fans that celebrated a goal in the home end were fair game for a good kicking. They should be removed etc. but doesn't make violence acceptable.

Fair enough.

The behaviour of some of their fans, which in turn aggravated some of ours, spoiled what was otherwise (cheating aside) a great game of football. Shame my son had to see that side of the game but it's inevitable I guess.

Shouldn’t even be removed. People need to just grow up and be more tolerant. That’s machismo and alcohol for you though.

I agree, but when people are dancing up and down, swearing at and openly goading the home fans, there doesn't really seem to be a lot of other options.

Shouldn’t even be removed. People need to just grow up and be more tolerant. That’s machismo and alcohol for you though.

I agree, but when people are dancing up and down, swearing at and openly goading the home fans, there doesn't really seem to be a lot of other options.

Give them a smile. Thumbs up. Then ignore them and watch the match.

Seems to be a Liverpool thing. I've been in home ends when we've played away and its tolerated if you dont take the piss. For some reason Liverpool are notorious for not being able to hold themselves. Probably a late 70s throwback thing.

The wise and mature thing is to turn the other cheek, give them a smile and an ironic thumbs up and carry on doing what you went for, watch the game. Do I condone the violence towards goaders? No. But when you're looking for a reaction from supporters who are drunk and angry at a poor decision made by the ref, you're going to get one.

If you’re in the home end you know you should keep quiet. Drink and numbers making people forget that I guess.

Not saying people should be attacked, but I don’t feel sorry for them. At the very least they should never have been sold tickets and/or should have all been immediately ejected.

Imagine the situation was reversed and someone like Ayoze dived for a FK which was converted. Effectively ending the title race.

He’d be getting death threats and everything. Vilified by all the tabloids as being ‘everything that’s wrong with English football etc etc’.

Liverpool do it and it’s completely ignored as it’s good for the brand.

Wankers.

I’m all for City winning it in the jammiest possible fashion.

So we go into the last fixtures of the PL season with everything decided except the biggest prize of all.

Champions League places, Europa League places and relegation all sorted just the big one to decide, surrounded no doubt by the biggest hype for quite a while.

Of course had the referees not given Liverpool that free kick for the most obvious dive you'll ever see, or had Newcastle went on to equalise with their last attack instead of being penalised for some "phantom" foul which no one but the referee saw, then the broadcaster that puts billions into the Premier League pot would be left with a bit of a non-event on Sunday instead of the huge global story it will be hyped as instead.

Just saying like .............

The match as a spectacle was up there with our previous epic encounters with these lot , and you've gotta be proud of the team , fans and gaffa for rising to the occasion , even if a couple of our lads weren't quite on their game .

What bugs me is the attitude being shown towards us in retaliation to us being p!ssed off about losing the game . I see it being suggested that we're safe so the game doesn't matter , it's better that the Scousers won for the good of the Premier League etc.

What's lost in translation here is the fact that we , as a fan base , aren't  deluded , we don't expect to win any trophies or consider our club as one of the eĺite . But what we do have is a passion for our team to win each game we compete in , so when a loss is inflicted in such a "dubious " fashion , we are unlikely to just meekly accept the outcome and return to our designated slot in the grand scheme.

Anyway , proud of the part Rafa and the team played on Saturday , and praying that we have this man as our manager for years to come .

Guest chopey

Most people at work this morning who were at the match on Saturday night have a story about the wanker Liverpool fans