Joelinton

Stifler

He was simply never fit and when he finally did get on the pitch - did very well in the sub appearances and had a poor game in the one he started. Never really mattered anyway as we were never going to sign him permanently and we ended up getting Rondon.

Bent. As. Fuck.

The Magpies scouted Joelinton extensively last season with both Steve Nickson and Mick Tait spending plenty of quality time in Germany viewing games in which the Alianca-born player appeared in various positions.

Indeed, United liked the potential of a player that could also be effective both out wide and as a second striker.

Liked it so much he's never played there for us. Good work Steve and Mick.

Bent. As. Fuck.

The Magpies scouted Joelinton extensively last season with both Steve Nickson and Mick Tait spending plenty of quality time in Germany viewing games in which the Alianca-born player appeared in various positions.

Indeed, United liked the potential of a player that could also be effective both out wide and as a second striker.

Liked it so much he's never played there for us. Good work Steve and Mick.

And yet do The Chronicle pull Bruce up on this? Do they fuck.

Guest reefatoon

He looked knackered when he came on. I hate it when subs come in and don’t bust a gut. They should be full of running, dragging players with tired legs all over. He looked goosed.

He looked knackered when he came on. I hate it when subs come in and don’t bust a gut. They should be full of running, dragging players with tired legs all over. He looked goosed.

:snod:

Thought he looked quite mobile and sharp tbh, although he once again got his feet caught up when he got in the penalty area.

Thought he looked quite mobile and sharp tbh, although he once again got his feet caught up when he got in the penalty area.

Hear hear.  I think the bloke is a complete plank as a number 9 but he did ok when he came on.  A back handed compliment if there ever was one.  😊

Guest reefatoon

There was one moment where he played the ball out to the right to Manquillo, who took it forward and went to put it in the box, looked up and nobody was there. Joelinton was still standing where he originally played the pass. He made no effort to even try and get in the box. Just doesn’t have that attacking mentality at all. Or he just couldn’t be arsed.

There was one moment where he played the ball out to the right to Manquillo, who took it forward and went to put it in the box, looked up and nobody was there. Joelinton was still standing where he originally played the pass. He made no effort to even try and get in the box. Just doesn’t have that attacking mentality at all. Or he just couldn’t be arsed.

I saw that it p*ssed me right off he will never score if he doesn’t bust a gut to get into the box.

It may have been because the second goal took the wind out of them but I thought you could see the benefit of having him on the pitch over Carroll when he came on. We actually kept the ball in their half that didn’t involve a long ball.

I think he’ll come good in front of goal with time.

I am just not quite sure what he does, he doesn't seem to poach much, he doesn't seem to want to turn last defender and sprint through on goal, and while he is alright technically his hold up play isn't good enough for him to brint ASM and Almiron into the game in the manner of Firminio. He may have promise, and maybe he'll find his feet and start scoring but there's a while to go imo.

Makes you wonder - were Hoffenheim using him differently, or did our scouts see something that simply isn't there?

Used him quite a lot on the side in a forward 3 as well as one of 2 forwards, and also as an attacking midfielder I think.