Matt Ritchie

Fenham Mag

I thought he was good yesterday, particularly in the first half.  He put in a brilliant cross for Rondon that had goal written all over it, assisted (sort of) the 2nd goal, and i also remember a superb cross-field ball to someone on the right wing.  He possibly could have had a pen given against him but it was good that he recognised the danger and tried to do something about it.  I know he’s not everyone’s cup of tea but i definitely think he’s one of those players that you would miss as soon as he’s not there.

Got to the stadium a little bit early so was watching them warming up. They were doing the keep ball drill and almiron darted across to chest it to intercept a ball Ritchie hit. Ritchie was giving a full blown appeal for hand ball until he realised there wasnt even any coaches watching them. Just doesn't have an off button man

Even though we should be looking to replace him in the first XI we definitely need him as an utility man, back up and a leader in the dressing room - really dread the days of Coloccini captaincy when we had absolute fuck all leadership in the squad.

I wouldnt mind Ritchie if he was a bit better at dribbling. So annoying to always see him cut in just to realize he can’t do shit with his right foot, not take a defender on, so just ends up passing it backwards. Guess he is our best LWB though if he can start linking up with Almiron. No doubt that Rafa will tell him this so hopefully our left side will look a bit more dangerous going forward

I really think this whole "not passing to Almiron" thing is way out of proportion. He's mostly nothing but a model professional that wants to win (more than most), so I really can't see him choosing not to pass to a certain player for any sinister reason.

Not sure why he does that touch his forehead with both hands thing as tho theres a plan and then just hits it anywhere into the box? Iffy defensively too. That berroca character or kenny must surely be a better option

Guest godzilla

This guy infuriates me he really does, I can't believe we rejected £13M for him in the summer.

He is a Championship player but didn’t Rafa want Townsend and wouldn’t let Ritchie go until that had been sorted which unfortunately wasn’t