NUFC Team of the Decade - 2010-2019

kingxlnc

dubravka

debuchy lascelles colocinni enrique

sissoko tiote cabaye

ben arfa carroll ba

honorable mentions for krul, janmaat, schar,  wiljnaldum, jonas, cisse and remy. canny bench

Cisse :lol:

He was f***ing electric for about 6 months then he absolutely nosedived and did nothing but be offside a lot and miss sitters.

Says the guy that put Saint Maximin in his team.  :lol:

Who else have we got to go on the left? Jonas? Nope, he was rubbish in the PL for most parts. I picked ASM because nobody has come in and played on the left with anywhere near as much excitement as he has.

And if you can't list 3 or 4 better strikers to play for us over the last 10 years than Cisse then there is something wrong with you.

Guest neesy111

------------------- Dubravka

Ritchie - Schar - Coloccini - Santon

Ben Arfa - Cabaye - Wijnaldum - Sissoko

---------------- Ba - Perez

Santon.  :lol:

The bloke couldn't defend at all.

Krul

Debuchy

Enrique

Coloccini

Lascelles Lejeune

Schar

Cabaye

Tiote

Ben Arfa

Rémy

Ba

Closest I've seen to the team I'd pick in a Rafa 3-4-3, with one exception. I think I'd play Lejeune on the left and Colo in the middle, but open to changing that around. Came down to Lascelles or Schar for me, but I reckon they're on a similar level defensively but Wor Fabian wins out because of his passing ability.

Another question was Remy or Ba as the striker. Probably go for Remy as Ba would make a better fist of adapting to the left-sided ten that Almiron played last year.

Don't know about Enrique as a wingback, but there's no one else I'd rather play there.

Tiote is probably the one player most under threat.

Dummett and Barton ffs

Dummett is limited, but when considering the alternatives - Enrique and Santon - the choice isn't great.

But Barton was a good player, when fit, on form and not incarcerated.

Enrique was 10 times the player Dummett is

team of the decade

Saint Maximin

wat

As I said, from all the talent we've had over the past decade, which team would be the most fearsome? Imagine HBA on one side, ASM on the other, with Ba finishing off those chances that those two created? Would be ridiculous!

team of the decade

Saint Maximin

wat

As I said, from all the talent we've had over the past decade, which team would be the most fearsome? Imagine HBA on one side, ASM on the other, with Ba finishing off those chances that those two created? Would be ridiculous!

Sure, but by naming ASM, you're ruling out Remy or Cisse (among others). Little wonder some are scoffing.

Guest NobbyOhNobby

God this thread is depressing.

Team of the 90s shits on the team of the 00s.

Team of the 00s shits on the team of the 10s.

Team of the 10s will probably shit on the team of the 20s etc etc etc.

Surprised by the amount of Sissoko picks. Guess people are basing him on his Spurs CM form as he rarely played there for us and when he did he was pretty poor

I thought Sissoko should have stayed as a CM for us.  Big, strong, pacy and mobile he would have made a very good box to box guy and he would have developed better in the middle of the pitch. I thought he lost a lot when we moved him out to the wing.

I mean, there's a few people that has picked Almiron ahead of Sissoko. Sissoko for us was often used in the same way Almiron is now. A quick ball carrier with little end product. Yet Sissoko actually got a 12 goals and 19 assists for us in 133 matches to Almirons  nothingness in 22.

God this thread is depressing.

Team of the 90s shits on the team of the 00s.

Team of the 00s shits on the team of the 10s.

Team of the 10s will probably shit on the team of the 20s etc etc etc.

This is a very good debate potentially - let the new thread begin! Haha.

I'm not sure the 90's team pound for pound would do that to be honest - yes maybe as an attacking force, but not defensively?

Same with the 00's team.

It would be interesting though, Keegan vs Robson vs Benitez

I'd probably go something like:

GK) Dubravka

CB) Coloccini

CB) Lacselles

CB) Lejeune

WB) Debuchy

WB) Enrique

CM) Cabaye

CDM) Tiote

RW) Ben Arfa