Football governance

Nobody

The seeding system in group stages of competitions ensures the status quo remain.

Look at England’s national team. Every 2 years they play in group stages with minnows. They’ve never had to work to get into a competition in recent memory which could also be the likely reason they falter when it gets down to the knockout stages of competitions.

And all those ranking points they build up playing pap opposition keeps them in the top 10 which creates this endless cycle.

It’s the same for many champions league teams, although nowhere near as bad as the international scene.

Just had a look to see where NUFC sit in the ten year coefficient ranking.  Not entirely sure what I was expecting as I don't confess to understand it, but seeing us sat below Hull, Swansea and Wigan is a bit of a kick in the nuts.

"To get to play in the Champions League, you'll have had to have played in the Champions League before"

I mean... You might as well just put up a sign saying the shop is now closed :lol:

We have played in the Champions League at least three times, and have played over a hundred European Matches in all three European Club Competions . . .

(1) - "European Cup / Champions League".

(2) - "Europa League / European Fairs Cup / UEFA Cup"

(3) - "European Cup Winners Cup".

We have a very strong European Football Heritage, as former winners of one of them!

Yet, even all that may not count much.

Yes, we need this Takeover !!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

It's just another reason to wrap the whole thing in as far as I'm concerned. If our takeover gets confirmed as not happening, goodbye football from me. What a shit show it's become.

How does this promote fair and balanced competition. Another idea to protect the 'big clubs' from the actual big clubs, the likes of Man U and Chelsea feeling threatened by Real, Juve, Barca, etc.

Surely can’t be lawful that, must be some sort of restriction of trade. Will be some loop hole round it anyway, players signing shorter contracts and moving round on free transfers seems obvious answer.

My perfect nomadic career.

Start at 18, 6-8 2 year contracts at different clubs in 6-8 different leagues. Retire at 30-34, coaching badges and move to management.

Fuck all security from injury but a hell of an experience