Javier Manquillo (now playing for Celta de Vigo)

Parsley

I would say his performances in the last 12 months warrant a new contract. Our most reliable full back?

At a club that wanted to progress, sure. But at a zombie club with three right backs on the books already? Yedlin and Krafth next year it is :thdn:

• 2 months later...

Wants to leave next month according to the Chron.

I’m either annoyed at this given he’s out best right back or not bothered depending if the takeover happens. Weird.

Good luck to him. He's a very solid right back, always thought he looked like he had the raw materials even when he was getting slaughtered by the fans. He's never going to be a world beater, but for Betis or Sevilla, he would probably do a decent job.

• 3 weeks later...

I really disliked him. Aside from Colback I think he had been one of our worst performers at times or at least looked like a player massively out of his depth. I can’t remember which game it was but his unchallenged headed clearance was put straight back into the danger area and they scored. I was foaming.

He’s now our best right back by some distance. Defensively and going forward. The games against City and defensively v Zaha really stand out. I really hope he stays.

Not to be a negative nelly, but I didn’t think any major deals could be given out by the club until the takeover was done or rejected

From what I heard the club consulted with the buyers about deals like this.

Not to be a negative nelly, but I didn’t think any major deals could be given out by the club until the takeover was done or rejected

contracts still need to be sorted even just to protect possible sellable assets