Newcastle United 1-0 Blackburn Rovers - 15/09/2020

joeyt

Guest reefatoon

Can't blame him at all for heavy rotation this time. The fixture list is already very heavily congested. I'd have scrapped the League Cup this year tbh.

Aye, definitely. He will also have Ashley ringing in his ears about "whatever you do, don't get relegated while I am still trying to flog the club!". So back burner those cup games.

I’d like to see what Joelinton is like starting with Wilson. Can’t rely on Carroll to play all season so will be good to see if he’s any better playing with an out-and-out striker.

Same here. I actually think they might gel pretty good.

I’d like to see what Joelinton is like starting with Wilson. Can’t rely on Carroll to play all season so will be good to see if he’s any better playing with an out-and-out striker.

I'm backing him to kick on quite a bit this season with less weight on his shoulders. I think this new role for him to support the striker will see him grow in confidence massively, and I'm of the belief that football at a high level is mostly a confidence game.

Same. Wilson looking to get in behind is the type of striker he should do best with.

On the rare occasions  he was on the pitch with Gayle last season, he set him up with some excellent chances, Which Gayle annoyingly failed to take.

I'm backing him to kick on quite a bit this season with less weight on his shoulders. I think this new role for him to support the striker will see him grow in confidence massively, and I'm of the belief that football at a high level is mostly a confidence game.

:thup: agree with this.  Pressure last year would have been intolerable, and it's already off to some extent with a debut goal for Wilson

Weren't they selling actual match tickets for the league cup for a tenner last season?

They were, but this is an EFL price, with which clubs have no input, despite receiving the majority of the revenue.

:lol:

Have to admit I was thinking the same as I was going through it. Murphy is the only one I couldn't shoe-horn in but I suppose Ritchie could play LB with Krafth operating as RCB if Brucey wanted to go for the full house.

:lol:

Have to admit I was thinking the same as I was going through it. Murphy is the only one I couldn't shoe-horn in but I suppose Ritchie could play LB with Krafth operating as RCB if Brucey wanted to go for the full house.

No point in playing Krafth we know he is shite.  I would have that lineup but put swap Ritchie for Murphy and keep Lewis in the side.

I don't think there's much point in resting Darlow. The more games the better for him right now and it's not worth risking Gillespie who might be an absolute bombscare.

Aye, he’s the one player I definitely think should play. We'll have a lower league team if we get through this, maybe use Gillespie there.