Andy Carroll (now playing for Amiens SC)

Rich

In Carroll’s defence a little he’s made a decent impression in some of the games where he was getting back up to match fitness. Some of the games we won was basically because of him.

It’s pointless giving him another contract with his injury record though.

We absolutely shouldn't give him a new contract but I don't really think you can say it's been a clusterfuck or as bad as 40m for Joelinton in isolation considering he has actually contributed for a small cost.

The big mistake was not signing someone else as he obviously wouldn't play much.

I read £30K a week (which would be £1.56m over the 12 months of his contract). £25K a week would still be £1.3m for the 12 month contract. Also, appearance fees, possible signing fee and other bonuses on top plus his medical costs are probably covered by the club. £1.3m to £1.56m, would have made a huge difference if it had been invested in the training ground or youth set up (which I know wouldn't have been done as Ashley doesn't see the value in it).

And the fans will be happy and cheer whenever he makes his rare cameo before another body part falls off him.

Which is why he'll get a new deal. :lol:

Bruce and Carroll are like two geordie bouncers keeping Mike safe from the flak, front and rear.

I read £30K a week (which would be £1.56m over the 12 months of his contract). £25K a week would still be £1.3m for the 12 month contract. Also, appearance fees, possible signing fee and other bonuses on top plus his medical costs are probably covered by the club. £1.3m to £1.56m, would have made a huge difference if it had been invested in the training ground or youth set up (which I know wouldn't have been done as Ashley doesn't see the value in it).

You cant spin a couple of million into being a lot of money in Premier League football, come on :lol:

Besides, let's says he's directly contributed to 3-4 points this season. Any team would bite your hand off if you offered them 3-4 points in exchange for a few million at the start of the season. Even more so when it's a team like ours which could stay up by a few points. Financially whatever happens now it hasn't been a disaster by any means.

I'm not. I'm saying £1.3m maybe peanuts when it comes to players and their wages but that money would make a difference buying players for the youth team squad, coaches, staff, etc.

Carroll may have helped NUFC win 3 or 4 points. If someone else had played instead (e.g. Gayle or Muto) we may have won more points. We may have won less points. We'll never know.

I'm not. I'm saying £1.3m maybe peanuts when it comes to players and their wages but that money would make a difference buying players for the youth team squad, coaches, staff, etc.

Carroll may have helped NUFC win 3 or 4 points. If someone else had played instead (e.g. Gayle or Muto) we may have won more points. We may have won less points. We'll never know.

That is true in fairness!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...