Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

I would fully expect Bruce to continue sucking up to MA, because he knows it's the only chance he has of getting to have any say in players coming in or anything else for that matter.

Might as well get used to it, because it won't ever stop.

For whatever reason Ashley was determined that the Joelinton deal was done. He made it known that he put his “own” money in for it. Rafa didn’t think he was worth what we paid but had he stayed the deal would have still happened. Bruce cottened on quickly that Joelinton didn’t have the tools to be a centre forward, his early interviews make that clear.

We need to judge Bruce on what he does not what Rafa might have done. Rafa bought Joselu, loaned Atsu and then unbelievably bought him and also spent £14M on Murphy. Yes, that’s a lot to do with Ashley but let’s not pretend it’s perfect. Bruce might have hit lucky with who has become available at Mike’s price point and need to stay up but for £35M he’s picked up Wilson, Lewis, Hendrick and Fraser for the price of Almiron and Murphy.

It’s possible to make arguments to fit most agendas, I’m gonna try and not view Bruce as the phoney Geordie and instead look at results, organisation and team spirit and see what happens. I’ll give him 2 seasons.

I don't think he did, he stated he was prepared to (because unreasonable Rafa thought the clubs money would be better spent elsewhere - as has been proven to be the case).

i detest bruce, but tbf he knows that sucking up to ashley is the only way he may get a few more quid to spend.

i'd love him come out and complain about the lack of funds and support but it would only end up backfiring.

he's managed to get £20m more out of the FCB than i ever thought he would.

doesnt make him a good coach or any more likeable to me but it makes sense and is the right thing to do in the current situation.

we know ashley is a man-child.

Guest neesy111

You know it could be as simple as two fat blokes get along.

They both absolutely love money, are huge narcissists, and have zero morals so I wouldn’t be surprised.

This.

I'd be inclined to avoid the cameras if I had a face like a burst haemorrhoid.

Haven't seen such an accurate description of a man's face since someone said John Carver looked like a melted welly.

I prefer punched lasagne.

Dean Smith 🗣

"Villa footballers have won the top trophy before, the European Cup in 1982. I’m not saying I’m going to lead the team to that, but that has to be the aim, to plan, over the next five or six years, to try to be challenging in Europe."

[The Guardian]

Yet we have this cunt saying other teams below us are better

Steve Bruce has signalled his intention to play attacking football this season after seeing Newcastle launch their Premier League campaign in style with victory at West Ham.

A new-look Magpies side which included debutants Callum Wilson, Jeff Hendrick and Jamal Lewis claimed a deserved 2-0 win at the London Stadium on Saturday evening, with Wilson and Hendrick both scoring.

However, it was the brand of football they played which most pleased head coach Bruce after he had to abandon his plans to bring a more expansive approach to the club last season.

He said: “I saw a mate of mine this morning and he said it’s the best we’ve played in two or three years. I said, ‘Really? I’m not so sure about that, but if that’s what you think….’.

“We’re going to be a little bit different this year. I said last year that we would try to change and I didn’t think we were ready for it.

“With the players now that we’ve brought in and also the players that we’ve brought in in the last 12 months, the squad is bigger and better and we’ll try to be the way we were against West Ham.

“Now, it may be a little bit different against the really big boys of the league, but that’s the way we want to try to be.”

Owner Mike Ashley was in attendance at the weekend after launching a broadside against the Premier League following the collapse of the proposed Saudi takeover on Tyneside, and it emerged on Monday that the sportswear magnate has instructed lawyers Blackstone Chambers on the matter.

Asked if he had spoken to Ashley after the game, Bruce said: “No, I didn’t see him afterwards but believe he was delighted. It was good to see him enjoying watching his team win and play, and good for him.

“As I’ve said many, many times, we’re better with the owner on board than not on board, so good, I’m glad he enjoyed his Saturday night.”

Bruce will make wholesale changes when Blackburn head for St James’ Park on Tuesday evening for a Carabao Cup second-round tie, with former Bournemouth winger Ryan Fraser in line to make a debut as defender Ciaran Clark returns from injury.

Bruce said: “There are some players who need a game. The squad is big enough now to make those changes and let’s hope we can get through to the next round.”

Ahh, so we stopped playing attacking football last season after all. Wonder why we stopped against Blackburn though?

Steve Bruce has signalled his intention to play attacking football this season after seeing Newcastle launch their Premier League campaign in style with victory at West Ham.

A new-look Magpies side which included debutants Callum Wilson, Jeff Hendrick and Jamal Lewis claimed a deserved 2-0 win at the London Stadium on Saturday evening, with Wilson and Hendrick both scoring.

However, it was the brand of football they played which most pleased head coach Bruce after he had to abandon his plans to bring a more expansive approach to the club last season.

He said: “I saw a mate of mine this morning and he said it’s the best we’ve played in two or three years. I said, ‘Really? I’m not so sure about that, but if that’s what you think….’.

“We’re going to be a little bit different this year. I said last year that we would try to change and I didn’t think we were ready for it.

“With the players now that we’ve brought in and also the players that we’ve brought in in the last 12 months, the squad is bigger and better and we’ll try to be the way we were against West Ham.

“Now, it may be a little bit different against the really big boys of the league, but that’s the way we want to try to be.”

Owner Mike Ashley was in attendance at the weekend after launching a broadside against the Premier League following the collapse of the proposed Saudi takeover on Tyneside, and it emerged on Monday that the sportswear magnate has instructed lawyers Blackstone Chambers on the matter.

Asked if he had spoken to Ashley after the game, Bruce said: “No, I didn’t see him afterwards but believe he was delighted. It was good to see him enjoying watching his team win and play, and good for him.

“As I’ve said many, many times, we’re better with the owner on board than not on board, so good, I’m glad he enjoyed his Saturday night.”

Bruce will make wholesale changes when Blackburn head for St James’ Park on Tuesday evening for a Carabao Cup second-round tie, with former Bournemouth winger Ryan Fraser in line to make a debut as defender Ciaran Clark returns from injury.

Bruce said: “There are some players who need a game. The squad is big enough now to make those changes and let’s hope we can get through to the next round.”

Ahh, so we stopped playing attacking football last season after all. Wonder why we stopped against Blackburn though?

This was taken from .co.uk interview with him after the Blackburn game. His face during all of this is repulsive.